Page 1139 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 ... LastLast
Results 28,451 to 28,475 of 46183
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    A lid was always an ounce including stems and seeds.
    Stoner Dictionary | Lid

Lid: noun 1. a slang term for one ounce or 28 grams of marijuana

Example: “Man, I’m about one finger short of a lid.”

Lids are always a good thing to have around your home and can assist you in any occasion. Lid was common terminology used in the U.S. during the ’60s and ’70s and is now used to describe 1 ounce of marijuana. An ounce of Mary Jane is about 28.35 grams of weed, a fairly good amount. It’s a common term used today when talking cannabis quantities. Still there are those that say the meaning behind lid started a bit differently. According to some stories it started with the common coffee can of the 1960s and ’70s. Usually the coffee lids had a key like shape at the end and would come off like sardine cans. Folks would use the lid to measure what would be about four fingers worth of pot. In those times there weren’t any scales like we have today, so like many marijuana smokers they were resourceful! If Mary Jane was still measured in the same way we’d probably be using our toes as indicators for amounts too. Still, when chumming with your pals, a lid will most likely be thought of as an ounce and you hope a full four fingers worth.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I've never heard of a lid, it was always dime bags. Which were an undetermined about of weed. But they cost $10.
    Stoner Dictionary | Dime

Dime Bag: noun 1. ten dollars worth of marijuana; also known as a dime bag

Example: “Go score me a dime bag.” – Kyle Gass (Tenacious D)

We’re not talking sexy ladies, and we’re not talking about a coin worth ten cents, we’re talking dime bags. Used to describe $10 worth of marijuana, it is a common street term used pretty frequently. Now the specifics of a dime depend on who you plan to purchase your dime from, and how they value the quality of the bud. Some sellers have dimes available that are always a certain weight, but you can expect that a ten bag should be between 0.3 and 1 gram of reefer. That’s around the ballpark of what one can expect when getting a dime. With that being said, the best indicator of what a dime should look like is you! If it looks to be a decent amount worth $10 then it’s a good dime and you should be able to get at least two joints out of one bag. For the price, it’s generally not a bad idea and a pretty good deal to get you smoking. A wise man once said, “Some weed, is better than none.”
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Lids are a unit of measure for marijuana (aka grass) roughly as anomalous and confusing as an Ogden.

So, lid size is dependent upon how many Ogdens your dope is?

This is worse than Imperial units.
    I still call it The Jake.

how many marijuanas did you do?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    how many marijuanas did you do?
    2 needles.

This conversation reminds me of all the code words we used to use on the phone when buying weed. As if the FBI had the house phone of some middle aged accountant tapped so they could listen in on the conversations of their 17 year old son who bought an ounce and was selling eights to his friends....

Like he’s el Chapo or something and we were all gonna go to prison...

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    2 needles.
    ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    This conversation reminds me of all the code words we used to use on the phone when buying weed. As if the FBI had the house phone of some middle aged accountant tapped so they could listen in on the conversations of their 17 year old son who bought an ounce and was selling eights to his friends....

Like he’s el Chapo or something and we were all gonna go to prison...
    Tom Ingersoll.

Hey, is Tom Ingersoll coming with you to the party tonight? I haven't seen him in a long time.

Me and Tom Ingersoll were hanging out last night, watching a movie.

I just talked to my buddy, he and Tom Ingersoll should be here at 7pm. He said we owed Tom $50.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Tom Ingersoll.

Hey, is Tom Ingersoll coming with you to the party tonight? I haven't seen him in a long time.

Me and Tom Ingersoll were hanging out last night, watching a movie.

I just talked to my buddy, he and Tom Ingersoll should be here at 7pm. He said we owed Tom $50.
    Tom must have known John Deere, of team green, John Deere.
    I still call it The Jake.

there’s a bat in my kitchen

https://youtu.be/XRXvfA6GV_o

In my world, and that's the only world that matters, a nickle bag was a 1/4 oz, dime bag was 1/2 oz, lid was 3/4 oz. Ut goes without saying that there was sometimes as much seeds and stems as smokeable weed depending on who you got it from and how dry the town was. This is when I got into it, but i remember hearing the descriptions KQ posted of dime bag = $10 worth before that. That was kinda city lingo.

In the big city where I grew up, a dime bag was a tiny ziplock bag that held ~1 gram. Price was not fixed. The bag was small, hence the name. Hippie brahs did not deal in such small amounts, you got dime bags from shady people who were working the quick fix market and could get anything. This was the '90s, so nobody said lid or groovy except Cheech and Chong.
    Last edited by Garbowski; 10-25-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Name:  924AC9C3-CDD1-4201-BBC1-F8C3D1BAA6C7.jpeg
Views: 453
Size:  39.2 KB

a dime bag that did not have a set price? what madness is this????
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

a dime bag that did not have a set price? what madness is this????
    Not to mention that 1/2 oz is a SHITLOAD of stems and seeds!

Back in my day . . . . I think all the folks under 60 have left.

Thanks for the lid explanations. I might come back if I can't wrap my head around using fingers to measure..

Someone just wished me "Happy Halloween".

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Speaking of...putting up Halloween decorations annoys me...maybe because Halloween is my birthday. There was always the expectation that I would be 'that' Halloween costume guy....
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Speaking of...putting up Halloween decorations annoys me...maybe because Halloween is my birthday. There was always the expectation that I would be 'that' Halloween costume guy....
    Birthday suite, eh?

well, my birthday suit at least. I certainly have gotten naked out and about on Halloween before.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

With regard to Halloween annoyances: People who wear costumes to the office. Just never seemed appropriate to me esp. in a law office.

/buzz kill

Seems legit since judges are always cross dressing

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Seems legit since judges are always cross dressing
    It's a robe, not a dress.