Page 1138 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 ... LastLast
Results 28,426 to 28,450 of 46194
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    so just cut off the ones in the languages you don't want after you decide you won't return the cloths. this is like the fucking mattress tags - once you've bought it cut that shit off.
    Actually, don't cut those tags off if your mattress has any sort of a warranty. Found this out when our Temperpedic started to sag after 8 years, and it has a 10 year warranty. One of the things that they ask for are the codes and dates on that tag to verify that it is the original mattress. We had cut ours off, but the box spring still had the tag on it with a date, and along with the receipt I was able to smooth talk the warranty people. But it would've been way easier with the tag on there.

I've also heard you can go to jail if you cut them off.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Been looking at cars online and that's even more depressing. Cars are WAAAYYYYY too expensive these days. I miss the days pre-Cash for Clunkers when you find great used cars for under a grand all day long. I bet someday, my son's going to punch me when I tell him "Well, sonny, back in MY day, I bought a used Subaru for $150 in perfect shape." Haha. Cars are my generation's version of "Back in my day, you could get a soda for a nickel."

Cash for Clunkers was 10 years ago old-timer. Lots of things are more expensive now, not just cars.

Which reminds me, people who think it's okay to fuck with long-standing weed prices annoy me. Weed is inflation-proof, everybody knows that.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Ford Mustang with bald tires driving in a snowstorm yesterday. Saw him do multiple spinouts on straight, flat roads. Almost caused multiple accidents, and generally just suck at driving BEFORE he got on the interstate to drive up to the Eisenhower tunnel. Tunnel closed soon thereafter. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Tor-tour View Post
    Actually, don't cut those tags off if your mattress has any sort of a warranty. Found this out when our Temperpedic started to sag after 8 years, and it has a 10 year warranty. One of the things that they ask for are the codes and dates on that tag to verify that it is the original mattress. We had cut ours off, but the box spring still had the tag on it with a date, and along with the receipt I was able to smooth talk the warranty people. But it would've been way easier with the tag on there.
    so staple the tag to the receipt and store them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    and yet, they all look like hieroglyphics.

Attachment 299056
    The second one on the top left i interpret as "go ahead and touch the boobies"
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    The second one on the top left i interpret as "go ahead and touch the boobies"
    I think that one actually means "punch down the dough"... ya fuckin' n00B.

Why are the keys to my bike lock bigger than any other key on my key chain besides my car key? Why can’t they just be normal sized keys?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I think that one actually means "punch down the dough"... ya fuckin' n00B.
    Is 'Punching Down The Dough' a filthy euphamism?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Is 'Punching Down The Dough' a filthy euphamism?
    Wouldn't you like to know...

Well, the dollar ain't worth what it used to be, Sonny.

Other shit that annoys me: people that can't get it into their thick skulls that healthcare is not a good/service that follows the "normal" rules of capitalism. Even when *they* are getting SHAFTED by their health insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    Make as much money as possible. By any and all means necessary. SHAFTING is a good portion of the manual it seems.
    But yes, health insurance requirements - offend my delicate capitalistic sensibilities.
    I know this all now. Well... not the shafting part.
    Fuck, our healthcare system is so broken and so many layers of stratified shit and regulations. And yet, let's just give it to everybody without fixing it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I know this all now. Well... not the shafting part.
    Fuck, our healthcare system is so broken and so many layers of stratified shit and regulations. And yet, let's just give it to everybody without fixing it first.
    Problem is, the first step in fixing it is getting rid of the insurance companies, which means giving medicare to everyone. They don't actually give it--you pay for it, based in part on income.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Problem is, the first step in fixing it is getting rid of the insurance companies, which means giving medicare to everyone. They don't actually give it--you pay for it, based in part on income.
    What it's called is immaterial. The key is getting rid of most firms of health insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I mean, universal healthcare can't be THAT difficult... considering the ITALIANS have it.

I mean, universal healthcare can't be THAT difficult... considering the ITALIANS have it.
    Yeah, but even the Italians standardized on the metric system of measurements, like in 1860 or something, and we can't seem to even get that right.

Hell, even the BRITISH got rid of the imperial measurement system - and they're the ones who created it!

We can't get sane measurements or health care!

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Which reminds me, people who think it's okay to fuck with long-standing weed prices annoy me. Weed is inflation-proof, everybody knows that.
    So, $10 for a three-finger lid? Full of stems and seeds?

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Ahhhhhh... memories...

People who use first-person pronouns when discussing their favorite sports teams. You are not a part of the team, you are a fan, a customer, a consumer..

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    OK - once and for all, for someone who grew up watching Cheech and Chong as an otherwise clueless kid, wtf is a lid? 1/8th? 1/4? 1/2? Oz?

In my world a lid was 3/4 ounce. And LOL Skaredshitles, memories indeed. Joints exploding from some cheap bastard that always scrounged your weed and finally had a joint of his own to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    People who use first-person pronouns when discussing their favorite sports teams. You are not a part of the team, you are a fan, a customer, a consumer..

Zhe really kicked the shit out of the Jets Monday.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    OK - once and for all, for someone who grew up watching Cheech and Chong as an otherwise clueless kid, wtf is a lid? 1/8th? 1/4? 1/2? Oz?
    A lid was always an ounce including stems and seeds.

I've never heard of a lid, it was always dime bags. Which were an undetermined about of weed. But they cost $10.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I've never heard of a lid, it was always dime bags. Which were an undetermined about of weed. But they cost $10.
    Ditto, 1/8 of shit, 1/16 top, -ish on actual weight.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

Heh...
    Agreed

To add, I always smirk when I see people wearing apparel labeled "propery of sports team/clothing mfg"
    Peeps apparently like being owned

More of an amusement but whatevs