Page 1108 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 ... LastLast
Results 27,676 to 27,700 of 46041
    Waxwings nest near rivers?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Swapping is a rip-off; you pay more for less fuel.
    This bears repeating. If you take a closer look at the swap tanks you'll notice that the net weight is 15 lbs. That's right, 15 lbs of LP in a 20 lb tank, and they charge you like it has the full 20 lbs. The only reason they even list the net weight is because of a class-action lawsuit: https://www.stuevesiegel.com/ssh/res...on-settlement/

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Except when the tank is nearing expiry date. Nothing stopping me from getting an exchange tank, filling for less than a swap, then swapping it before the expiration date. Best of both for our 20lbs tanks.
    You can get expired tanks recertified, often for free or a nominal fee at most.

Shit that annoys you

Got a somewhat expensive package that arrived to the house this morning, it was left at the top of the front steps and is very visible from the street. I get that. On the box, which is large, there is a written description and large pictures of the items in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Got a somewhat expensive package that arrived to the house this morning, it was left at the top of the front steps and is very visible from the street. I get that. On the box, which is large, there is a written description and large pictures of the items in the box.
    I'm with you on this. The last love doll I ordered, the head and legs came in a box without the torso. The company said because of the weight of the whole thing they ship the torso separately in another box. Okay. So I waited a couple more days and no torso. Eventually I figure out via Fedex that torso was shipped and dropped off the same day with head and legs. Some fucker stole the torso. I think it was the contractor who was working on the house next door.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I'm with you on this. The last love doll I ordered, the head and legs came in a box without the torso. The company said because of the weight of the whole thing they ship the torso separately in another box. Okay. So I waited a couple more days and no torso. Eventually I figure out via Fedex that torso was shipped and dropped off the same day with head and legs. Some fucker stole the torso. I think it was the contractor who was working on the house next door.
    i guess he isn't a leg man.

You should have posted this while logged in as DD's mom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Yeah. These are 1st world capitalist problems. How about those people that have to wash their clothes on a tin washboard after a 2 mile walk to a polluted river? You know why the river is polluted? Because the bauxite mine upriver is busy mining the aluminum that goes into making your bloody washer. The washer which operates on the push of a button and allows you the extra time to go online and complain about your washer. That's why.
    Washers are made of steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    what's in the box?

furniture

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Well why didn't you say so? Who needs an excuse for all that? Sounds like fun, minus the fantasy football. If you had mentioned the real reason and left off the fantasy football, we wouldn't be discussing this at all. I am all for shenanigans, just not adult cosplay.
    Some adult cosplay seems more tolerable than some:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8835d76a53b8d4cf2b116d4279dfda3e.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	292562

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Clearly his getting a lunch break was the cause of my irritation.

And not that he was the only employee in the whole fucking store that could perform this somewhat vital to their business operation.
    How vital? Did you cancel your order?

See, that's pr0n, not cosplay. Gets filed in spank bank.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    This bears repeating. If you take a closer look at the swap tanks you'll notice that the net weight is 15 lbs. That's right, 15 lbs of LP in a 20 lb tank, and they charge you like it has the full 20 lbs. The only reason they even list the net weight is because of a class-action lawsuit: https://www.stuevesiegel.com/ssh/res...on-settlement/

You can get expired tanks recertified, often for free or a nominal fee at most.
    Not a nominal fee anywhere around here. $60CND in ‘loops for my 30lbs RV tanks at every place I’ve checked. $90 for a new one. But interesting about the filling restrictions the swap tanks have - I’ll have to check mine in that regard.

Name:	IMG_2118.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	741.5 KB 
ID:	292613

Sweet, this will be the third time in 3 years and 50,000 miles that I've had those same body panels replaced.

Also, sideways pics annoy me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	78 
ID:	292612  
    Last edited by glademaster; 08-30-2019 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Trying to fix the damn sideways picture.

You must've been on your way to the trailhead to patrol for off-leash dogs in the wilderness? #letsgoplaces

It's been hit twice while parked outside my apartment, and one time an octogenarian made a left across traffic right in front of me. And dogs on hikes definitely qualify as shit that annoys me, whether they are on-leash or off.

One of my favorite things about living in Utah was the dog-free hiking in BCC and LCC. Blissful.

I usually blame that shit on my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post

Views:	118 
ID:	292613

Sweet, this will be the third time in 3 years and 50,000 miles that I've had those same body panels replaced.

Also, sideways pics annoy me.
    Karma for not liking dogs
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I like dogs, just not other people's dogs approaching me in public.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I like dogs, just not other people's dogs approaching me in public.
    right, and you have a black friend, too.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Shit that annoys you

Name:  idiot.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  204.4 KB

this guy blocked Ebbetts Pass from the east side for 3 hours yesterday
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 08-31-2019 at 01:59 PM.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Ha! The second I saw that pic, I was thinking "Heading up Ebbets Pass from Markleeville side.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

he was there long enough to get vandalized.... tough hood.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Name:  idiot.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  204.4 KB

this guy blocked Ebbetts Pass from the east side for 3 hours yesterday
    The semis do that in Truckee every time it snows. Don't those guys go to truck driving school or something.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The semis do that in Truckee every time it snows. Don't those guys go to truck driving school or something.
    They skipped the Map Reading class.

Three hour drive, arrive in the pouring rain, condo rental company forgot to leave our key for us. Despite my calling 2 1/2 hours before, just to let them know we would be there at that time.
    They don’t have an after hours phone number listed so I had to go to a nearby hotel and bug them until one of them who knew the property manager called her at home, 30 min away. Nice night to sit in the car for an extra hour.
    Happy Holiday Weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.