Page 1081 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 ... LastLast
Results 27,001 to 27,025 of 29793
  1. #27001
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    my own little world
    Posts
    2,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Let them wear crampons to practice, duh.
    Hah. That would teach him to skip the salt to preserve his nice wood floors.
    focus.

  2. #27002
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
    Posts
    634
    Las Vegas commercial running during March Madness.....premise is funny, but I immediately change channel when I hear the “Champiooon” chant.

  3. #27003
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I’ve offered to help shovel or pick ice or spread salt multiple times.... but really that needs to happen at 2pm-3pm, it’s frozen rock hard by 4:30 most days, and he doesn’t really have the right tools around, and aren’t I just being a monumental pain in the ass anyways? .
    So sand. Works better to prevent falls than ice melter IME, although personally I use a combination of both.
    Option 2--bring skates, sticks, pucks, and play a little hockey--way more fun than piano lessons, no?

  4. #27004
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    8,105
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    So sand. Works better to prevent falls than ice melter IME, although personally I use a combination of both.
    Option 2--bring skates, sticks, pucks, and play a little hockey--way more fun than piano lessons, no?
    Even a nice session of broomball might get the point across with less equipment to deal with.

  5. #27005
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    my own little world
    Posts
    2,351
    He doesn’t like sand either. He might like it less. Not really the point. You don’t need to tell me how to resolve slippery sidewalks.
    focus.

  6. #27006
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,758
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Even a nice session of broomball might get the point across with less equipment to deal with.
    When the kids were young we used to play a version we called deck ball--requires brooms, a volleyball, and a foot or two of fresh powder.

  7. #27007
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,758
    My stomach just made a noise just like the text alert in my phone. Apparently I am becoming one with my phone.

  8. #27008
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,166
    Stomach's full of spam, eh?

  9. #27009
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,758
    Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Stomach's full of spam, eh?
    good one

  10. #27010
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    34,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    He doesn’t like sand either. He might like it less. Not really the point.
    point is he’s being a passive aggressive asshole who’s pissed
    his life partner is having strangers come over their house.
    .

  11. #27011
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,758
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    point is he’s being a passive aggressive asshole who’s pissed
    his life partner is having strangers come over their house.
    So sand. In her vagina, is the problem. The old guy's not getting any. And he obviously is hoping the old lady breaks a hip, but it might be him who breaks it. Meantime, easy enough to put traction chains on the kids' shoes or boots, but Mustonen is, as he said, not looking for solutions, just wants to be annoyed, which is his right.

  12. #27012
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    my own little world
    Posts
    2,351
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    but Mustonen is, as he said, not looking for solutions, just wants to be annoyed, which is his right.
    Hear hear.
    focus.

  13. #27013
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Hear hear.
    Some of us just like to be annoyed.

  14. #27014
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    8,105
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Some of us just like to be annoyed.
    And some of us just like to annoy people. I blame it on my dad. I found some of his grade school report cards and his teachers wrote that he enjoyed annoying the other kids. That was in the early 1940's, to put it in perspective.

  15. #27015
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    10,575
    My credit union replaced their perfectly functional, easy to use online portal with a shitty cartoonish one, and in the process deleted all of my Bill Pay payees. Pricks.

  16. #27016
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,227
    I think I've posted this before, but has anyone ever been part of a webinar or video presentation/powerpoint that actually ran smoothly? Because I've never seen it. Even coming from large, seemingly well funded, organized companies. WTF? Why is it so hard to accomplish this stuff?

  17. #27017
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I think I've posted this before, but has anyone ever been part of a webinar or video presentation/powerpoint that actually ran smoothly? Because I've never seen it. Even coming from large, seemingly well funded, organized companies. WTF? Why is it so hard to accomplish this stuff?
    https://youtu.be/kNz82r5nyUw


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #27018
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    my own little world
    Posts
    2,351
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I think I've posted this before, but has anyone ever been part of a webinar or video presentation/powerpoint that actually ran smoothly? Because I've never seen it. Even coming from large, seemingly well funded, organized companies. WTF? Why is it so hard to accomplish this stuff?
    Yup. I probably participate in 3-4 per week on average. They rarely go poorly.
    focus.

  19. #27019
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I think I've posted this before, but has anyone ever been part of a webinar or video presentation/powerpoint that actually ran smoothly? Because I've never seen it. Even coming from large, seemingly well funded, organized companies. WTF? Why is it so hard to accomplish this stuff?
    We have a company wide monthly progress/update call, which is basically our Prez going over results, updates and upcoming plans. Everyone is expected to join, either call in or via computer. They can't seem to auto-mute everyone and half don't seem to mute their own phones, so you hear all kinds of background noise - coughing, clearing throat, sniffling, typing, farting, talking, shuffling paper. Otherwise they usually go well. Still hunting for who ever has the world's loudest keyboard.

  20. #27020
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,227
    I'm talking about a recorded webinar that I sat through that took 1 hour. No big deal, but took the speakers 7 minutes of me and everyone else's time, to get their shit on the right page to begin the seminar. Glad I skipped the original seminar, which was given during skiing hours, and I could have wasted time on from the chairlift, but didn't. But I'm pretty surprised that it wasn't immediately edited out.

    Maybe my industry just hasn't yet evolved to the point of others, that is entirely likely. But for fucks sakes, we should at least be able to hire a few good AV nerds who can get the job done.

  21. #27021
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    8,105
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    We have a company wide monthly progress/update call, which is basically our Prez going over results, updates and upcoming plans. Everyone is expected to join, either call in or via computer. They can't seem to auto-mute everyone and half don't seem to mute their own phones, so you hear all kinds of background noise - coughing, clearing throat, sniffling, typing, farting, talking, shuffling paper. Otherwise they usually go well. Still hunting for who ever has the world's loudest keyboard.
    Years ago I had a weekly meeting that had a serial pisser. Dude. Mute button. Use it. Best part ? We never heard him wash his hands. Nobody ever fessed up or figured out who it was.

  22. #27022
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    34,556
    that’s a George move right there
    .

  23. #27023
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,499
    The serial pisser at my last company would dribble all over the floor in front of the urinal. We'd had suspicions but only confirmed it was the boss right at the end, as he was the 4th last person to go when we shut down the company. The dribbling stopped immediately following his last day.

  24. #27024
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    8,105
    I've reached my saturation point: The use of the word 'build' as a noun. AR build. Computer build. Van build. Get off my lawn.

  25. #27025
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    6,848
    TSA. Fuckers went through my ski bag each way. When I grabbed it at baggage claim, it looked like they pulled everything out then just shoved it all back in randomly. What a fucking mess. I had to open it and repack it do I could continue on. It was all packed nice and neat you pricks, now put it back the same way you found it. Pricks! What a useless gvmnt entity.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •