Page 1078 of 1150 FirstFirst ... 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 ... LastLast
Results 26,926 to 26,950 of 28737
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Do you need hot water while you’re gone? Turn it off (hit the gas shutoff, too) and deal with it when you get back.
    Obviously. But it's going to suck to come home Sunday after 5 days of camping and not have hot water. Going to call around tomorrow first thing to see if I can get somebody tomorrow.

Internet search says that it's probably a bad thermocoupler, doesn't seem like a large repair.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Youtube and give'r

Thermocoupler?

I’d check the overhead rotary girder first then, failing that, the flux capacitor.

I’m useless.
    I still call it The Jake.

I guess it's not all ball bearings these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Obviously. But it's going to suck to come home Sunday after 5 days of camping and not have hot water. Going to call around tomorrow first thing to see if I can get somebody tomorrow.

Internet search says that it's probably a bad thermocoupler, doesn't seem like a large repair.
    Thermocouple change is a pretty easy job... as long as it’s accessible. Water heater in tight quarters makes it a lot more challenging.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    I guess it's not all ball bearings these days.
    Take it to the indy shop of choice for a PPI and send the bill to the Underhillls.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Thermocouple change is a pretty easy job... as long as it’s accessible. Water heater in tight quarters makes it a lot more challenging.
    It's accessible. But I don't know what the fuck I'm doing; in matters like this, my city boy upbringing shines through. YouTube does make it look easy, but not gonna fuck with it, since before tonight I had no idea what a thermo coupler was.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Wait. It’s two words?

I’m with you on this one Danno.

Not my wheelhouse.

this is annoying, baffling and amusing. neighbors who recently moved in got their house number wrong for a bunch of different pieces of mail - it comes to me. who the fuck does that?
    Use the vibrator/

Fix the thermocoupler. Duh.

People who can't walk away from a non-critical issue and bitch on the internet.

It turned out to not be the TC, I had this guy in and it was this.

Go away. Take a cold shower.

Danno I've done maintenance in my house using youtube and I guarantee I am way less handy than you. Give it a shot. I think i actually replaced a thermocouple and picked one up at Grainger for $5. IT was just a remove and replace, screws and wires. So easy even a caveman can do it.

Give it a go, what's the worst that could happen? Return to a smoldering pile of ash after a 5 day camping trip?

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    So easy even a caveman can do it.
    May need buttflake to confirm.

Orange peels left on the top of Mt. Helena annoy me.

^^^^^ people are douche bags.

How’s the broken glass up there these days?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

People who decide that their artistic flair is just what nature needs to be more ‘gram worthy. I am looking at you rock stacker, you over there making inukshuks, fuck you guy starting a “tradition” by hanging a pot at the top of Tea Pot hill! There is absolutely nothing in your little pea brain that is going to improve Mother Nature - and when everyone is doing it, it’s just stupid- stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    People who decide that their artistic flair is just what nature needs to be more ‘gram worthy. I am looking at you rock stacker, you over there making inukshuks, fuck you guy starting a “tradition” by hanging a pot at the top of Tea Pot hill! There is absolutely nothing in your little pea brain that is going to improve Mother Nature - and when everyone is doing it, it’s just stupid- stop it.
    Look at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Kids.
    Real VTers tap trees.

instagram photoshoot at a trailhead this week.

*leans into the sticks* <shutter sound>

*leans into the sticks with a slight twist* <shutter sound>

Name:  tehGRAHAM (2).jpg
Views: 168
Size:  163.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    ^^^^^ people are douche bags.

How’s the broken glass up there these days?
    Haven't seen any glass. Just the occasional peels and pistachio shells and whatnot. Not a huge deal, but annoying.

this is annoying, baffling and amusing. neighbors who recently moved in got their house number wrong for a bunch of different pieces of mail - it comes to me. who the fuck does that?
    We have a dyslexic mail carrier. We get tons of mail for a neighbor whose address is the same as ours with 2 of the 5 numbers switched. I drop off her mail, but we never seem to get any of ours from her, which worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    I don't mind the artistic rock piles too much; it's the trail cairns left by people who have no idea where they're going that piss me off. Or this--doing the hike around Castle and Basin Peak and some jackass had blocked off the main trail with sticks in favor of a side trail going up Basin Peak. Fortunately I knew the right way but I wonder how many people were misled.

Piling rocks everywhere there are rocks, hanging padlocks on every bridge -- it's a millennial thing and one more reason to hate them ; - )

I hate the orange peels and shells but some of those people are just ignorant and think it is "biodegradable". No excuse to do it on the trail though.

The dog shit bag people annoy me the worst because that's straight up self centered asshole.

the whole binary, gender thing:

"A mom went viral for calling her 21-year-old 'baby goat' instead of 'baby girl' after they came out as non-binary"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...cid=spartanntp

I get it, you do not feel comfortable in the gender you were born in and may wish to have surgery at some point to correct that but do we all really have to walk around on eggshells because you have been Julie or Brad for 10 years that we have known you ? can't you just man or woman up and accept that some people will still call you Brad or Julie ? is that really too much for you to handle ?

the other 98% of the country having no gender issues still have problems that cause them great mental stress from bosses, teachers and even their parents that last months or years and they don't lose it if you don't cradle them to sleep every night for the large part, but no; healthcare companies are changing software and forms because these people cant take it, jeez.

if that girl lived near me and insisted on being called a goat rather than a girl, i'd do that; as long as I could call her mom a goat fucker.
    Eat em up Houston Cougars !

Anybody here affected by the Taco Bell tortilla shortage?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Anybody here affected by the Taco Bell tortilla shortage?
    Let me guess... flour tortilla shortage?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Let me guess... flour tortilla shortage?

I believe so. Doesn't sound good, some news outlets are saying July 28th at earliest.

“While some Taco Bell restaurants are experiencing supplier shortages, we are working diligently to replenish the supply of our tortillas (used for products like quesadillas and burritos) in those restaurants and encourage fans to try the Chalupa Cravings Box in the meantime. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause and appreciate our customers’ patience.”
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang