Page 1076 of 1145 FirstFirst ... 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 ... LastLast
Results 26,876 to 26,900 of 28620
    On a road trip this past weekend, taking lots of pics. Most frequent sight: "I-phone storage is full." The only option presented was to go to "Manage storage" where there was a list of apps I could choose to delete. Seriously, that is the only way to free up space on an I-phone? Sure enough, go into Photos and delete a bunch - it deletes them from all devices in I-tunes but does not clear any space up on the phone. WTF. Fuck you, Apple.

Finally got home and plugged into my PC, used file explorer to open storage and delete older photos. Older phone without much storage I got from work recently, so having to pay attention and delete frequently will be annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    On a road trip this past weekend, taking lots of pics. Most frequent sight: "I-phone storage is full." The only option presented was to go to "Manage storage" where there was a list of apps I could choose to delete. Seriously, that is the only way to free up space on an I-phone? Sure enough, go into Photos and delete a bunch - it deletes them from all devices in I-tunes but does not clear any space up on the phone. WTF. Fuck you, Apple.

Finally got home and plugged into my PC, used file explorer to open storage and delete older photos. Older phone without much storage I got from work recently, so having to pay attention and delete frequently will be annoying.
    How about you focus on enjoying the moment and the world around you, instead of capturing a bunch of images you're never going to look at again, and that nobody else will even be vaguely interested in seeing?

People who insist on documenting the living shit out of everything they do annoy me. A lot. Try using your brain and forming some memories, troglodyte.
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    How about you focus on enjoying the moment and the world around you, instead of capturing a bunch of images you're never going to look at again, and that nobody else will even be vaguely interested in seeing?

People who insist on documenting the living shit out of everything they do annoy me. A lot. Try using your brain and forming some memories, troglodyte.
    Oof.

-Robert Fripp
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Almost makes you wish you had a cheap Android phone where you could simply stop by just about any store, pick up a cheap micro SD card, swap 'em out and boom. More storage space.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Almost makes you wish you had a cheap Android phone where you could simply stop by just about any store, pick up a cheap micro SD card, swap 'em out and boom. More storage space.
    Almost

I was thinking about the new generation on the way to work today and came to the conclusion that they've swapped unfulfilling vanity (social media) for meaningful pursuits like getting high and rubbing genitals.

Iffin I was a young dude that would really annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    at the pool for swim team and before i could figure out wtf,
    milf walked her kid away from where they were, over to where we were, and proceeded to aerosol spray sun screen on her kid, blowing that shit into our faces, then walk back to where they came from.
    my wife looked at me and said, ‘did that really happen’.
    honestly did not see that coming as she approached. i’m gonna be keeping an even better eye on her from now on.
    Sounds like she and/or her greasy whelp could be responsible for the national crypto epidemic.

Ever heard of a trip report? People used to post them. On this forum, even.

I'm with you on this one, I don't take pictures on trips and rarely other times, but we're in the minority on this and to each his own. Except when the picture takers get in my way or make me wait, which is often. We were in Florence years ago, went to see David--I saw a couple of people walk into the room and pose for a picture in front of the statue and then leave without ever actually looking at it.

Ever heard of a trip report? People used to post them. On this forum, even.
    There was this guy, Ansel Adams who would capture the moment to look at it later maybe some other people too
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    There was this guy, Ansel Adams who would capture the moment to look at it later maybe some other people too
    I heard that dude was a fucking hipster. Went to only the most famous spots in Yosemite and used all this old gear for no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    I was thinking about the new generation on the way to work today and came to the conclusion that they've swapped unfulfilling vanity (social media) for meaningful pursuits like getting high and rubbing genitals.

Iffin I was a young dude that would really annoy me.
    That is a weird phenomenon. Apparently teen sex is down these days. Like WAY down from when we were all young. Its said cell phones/social media's pretty much the cause. They'd rather Snapchat to their girlfriend sitting right next to them than actually look at them and have a real conversation or bump uglies. I try to be understanding of "kids these days" as much as possible and all, but this is one aspect I'm really feeling a big disconnect on. We've all seen it. A group of teens out in public and they're all just in a circle, perfectly quiet, staring at their phones. It's eery. I almost wish they were a bit rowdier. Guess I'm officially an old guy now since I seriously don't "get it."

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and guess that Austin ain't no Ansel Adams.

Perhaps they are on the internet trying to figure what gender they are? There's lots of confusion these days.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

...about the phone zombies, when I busted up my hip/pelvis about 18 months ago the Doc said it used to be a very uncommon injury but they're seeing it a lot in young people on their phones walking off shit and going down like a ton of bricks without even getting a hand out to break their fall because they're so caught up.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    ...about the phone zombies, when I busted up my hip/pelvis about 18 months ago the Doc said it used to be a very uncommon injury but they're seeing it a lot in young people on their phones walking off shit and going down like a ton of bricks without even getting a hand out to break their fall because they're so caught up.
    So what was your excuse?

Not looking in the direction I was skiing.

I was looking back over my shoulder and hit some shit I never saw. Still don't know what it was. I also went down like a ton of bricks without getting a hand out.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Not looking in the direction I was skiing.

I was looking back over my shoulder and hit some shit I never saw. Still don't know what it was. I also went down like a ton of bricks without getting a hand out.
    Sonny Bono?! Ah HA! I just KNEW the 'death' was a hoax.

ha, no I didn't hit a tree, it must have been a rock or a block of ice or something. I had gotten to a cat track and was going sideways, looking uphill for my wife. My feet stopped dead and I went flying sideways and landed on ice on my hip.

Somewhat ironically, I was looking for her to tell her I was going in because the skiing sucked.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Alabama
    Your Cadillac
    Has got a wheel in the ditch
    And a wheel on the track

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    That is a weird phenomenon. Apparently teen sex is down these days. Like WAY down from when we were all young.
    As a dad to 3 teenage boys... this particular trend is a good thing, IMO. Whatever the societal reason. In my kids' circles it also carries over into booze - I mean... they aren't fucking pilfering my drink. WTF? And not boozing with their buddies. They play Mario Kart.

Fucking nerds.

The irony of this thread is that teens are actually starting to spend LESS time on their phones. Just heard a stat that 50% of gen Z kids think their parents spend too much time on their phones.

Teens are starting to see the whole manipulation part of apps and social media and are getting a bit of a “fuck the man” sort of attitude about it.

Lazy stereotypes are more fun though I guess...

or have the memory of a goldfish.
    Pretty good radiolab a while back about memories that you should listen to. Short version; as soon as the event is over you start replacing real facts with fabricated. Your memory of a vacation years ago that you didn't document is not reliable, and probably doesn't match reality.

But that wouldn't play into your edgy, holier-than-thou attitude that you like to portray here.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    The irony of this thread is that teens are actually starting to spend LESS time on their phones. Just heard a stat that 50% of gen Z kids think their parents spend too much time on their phones.

Teens are starting to see the whole manipulation part of apps and social media and are getting a bit of a “fuck the man” sort of attitude about it.

Lazy stereotypes are more fun though I guess...
    Until we have Zuckerberg's and Bezos' heads on pikes somewhere, it's all lip service.
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.