Page 1050 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 ... LastLast
Results 26,226 to 26,250 of 46052
    My 13 year old daughter has a friend whose older sister is graduating HS. This friend was allowed to invite a friend to the graduation party. Now my daughter is bugging me to cough up money for a graduation gift.

I have never met this graduating senior. I’m sure she’s nice. Why do I need to give her $20?
    focus.

people who send contractually important documents as Word files
    (ie record files which aren't needing edit by the receiver)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Maybe tending bar is his 3rd job that he does to save up money to replace the artificial leg he's worn out after losing his leg in the war and ladders are really really painful for him and everyone in the bar was cheering him on because they know his hard luck story but you're too clueless to see the agony on his face as he tries to reach your precious overpriced whiskey. Did that ever occur to you? No? Well maybe you need to take a good hard look at yourself.
    haha. Or maybe the dude's just a lazy douchebag. One or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    that sucks but with some epoxy and careful clamping it should work again.

People who _only_ talk abouty themselves at parties, never ask what you're doing and even ignore or walk away when any topic other than themselves comes up.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    that sucks but with some epoxy and careful clamping it should work again.
    I threw some titebond3 at it, and it landed trout yesterday

Although, I discovered it’s got another fracture in the head, so replacement time is impending

(And I have no idea how it got crushed like it did)

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    People who _only_ talk abouty themselves at parties, never ask what you're doing and even ignore or walk away when any topic other than themselves comes up.
    You'd rather they hung around and kept trying to talk about themselves? You're well rid of them.

Or people who use your topic as a segue to talk about their own related but different topic.
    focus.

Google phone commercials....the rapper guy and Asian chick with the pack a smokes a day voice at the nail salon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Or people who use your topic as a segue to talk about their own related but different topic.
    That's somewhat tolerable since at least a different topic was attended to for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You'd rather they hung around and kept trying to talk about themselves? You're well rid of them.
    No, sometimes they just sit there and ignore any other input. I'd rather they weren't so incredibly self centered and expressing it in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3614444B-13C2-4B9D-846D-AF4E10C05EE6.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	688.6 KB 
ID:	284544

Name:	9371A695-BC75-428A-A5B2-27861044EA0C.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	284545
    Ouch. That’ll put a divot in an aluminum shell. Garden destroyed?

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Google phone commercials....the rapper guy and Asian chick with the pack a smokes a day voice at the nail salon.
    What are these ‘commercials’ of which you speak?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

People that love to talk about themselves.... Brian Regan does a great bit on the “me monster”.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post

Name:	3614444B-13C2-4B9D-846D-AF4E10C05EE6.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	688.6 KB 
ID:	284544

Name:	9371A695-BC75-428A-A5B2-27861044EA0C.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	284545
    In DC?
    Uno mas

Dumb friends doing really stupid shit with guns
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

People who talk.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Ouch. That’ll put a divot in an aluminum shell. Garden destroyed?
    It was a setback for the garden, but it looks better than I thought it would. No significant divots in the vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    In DC?
    Northern New Mexico.

Ha, my brother in law. Fuck just at parties. This guy has known me for 25 years and if you went up to him right now and asked him what I do for a living he couldn't tell you. But I could recite his entire fucking career. Biggest narcissist I've ever met.

I know a guy who is the absolute worst at this. It's difficult to get a word in edgewise. Also whenever someone posts an accomplishment on Facebook that they are proud of you can always count on him chiming in with something he did in response. So many times I've been tempted to reply along the lines of "you know this isn't about you, right?" It's amazing these kind of people never seem to get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I know a guy who is the absolute worst at this. It's difficult to get a word in edgewise. Also whenever someone posts an accomplishment on Facebook that they are proud of you can always count on him chiming in with something he did in response. So many times I've been tempted to reply along the lines of "you know this isn't about you, right?" It's amazing these kind of people never seem to get a clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Ha, my brother in law. Fuck just at parties. This guy has known me for 25 years and if you went up to him right now and asked him what I do for a living he couldn't tell you. But I could recite his entire fucking career. Biggest narcissist I've ever met.
    My FIL can out narcissist anyone.

I bought a couple inflatable kayaks last week and was reading the instructions on how to unpack and inflate them. On the first page it mentioned that it is important to inflate the three chambers in a specific order. After that there's a step-by-step guide to the process and it says to inflate the chambers in the exact opposite order the first page mentioned...
    Name:  k5-1.PNG
Views: 240
Size:  16.3 KB

Name:  k5-2.PNG
Views: 259
Size:  304.9 KB

Gotta love it when the project manager tells you "Item A is the TOP priority. Drop everything and get that done." I'm like "On it." Then the next day it's "Item B is super important. That HAS to be done like yesterday." Me: "Uhhhh, ok? Guess I'll pause Item A and get cracking on Item B." That afternoon, it's "AAAHHH!!! Everybody needs to be working on Item C!!!" That's when I was like, "Hold up. WHICH of these items is seriously top priority?" "They're ALL top priority!" I got in trouble for stopping Item A to work on Item B. I think he's just an overly enthusiastic workaholic, though. Everything's just fine. Top boss is happy. Lol. So many hours in a day, guy. Only so many hours. SMH.
    Gotta love working with people who (A) take their jobs WAYYYYY too seriously and (B) have zero life outside of the office, ie no kids, no hobbies, etc. Then they act like you're some sort of slacker for not putting in a 100+ hour work week, especially on projects with no end in sight.

You'll never amount to anything with that attitude

Yeah, I hate when my coworkers have work ethic. Nothing worse than when everyone around me makes me look bad. Why can't everyone be an entitled millennial just like me?

In all seriousness, I do hate it when people don't understand the difference between a priority and an emergency.