Page 1016 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 ... LastLast
Results 25,376 to 25,400 of 46278
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Sorry about your crabs. Maybr see your gyno? Having birds peck at your crotch sounds uncomfortable.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    You should test to see how oblivious they really are. Pretend to not be paying attention. See if they walk out then. I bet they’re paying attention out of the corner of their eye, at least.
    A perfect use for your horn. Blast them into the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    (is there some guy with a box cutter just randomly slicing luggage?
    yes, I think there is. It's a highly sought after job.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Where I live they aren't recyclable. I worry about them ending up somewhere an animal can get tangled in them.
    Got it. I do reuse the mesh bags oranges come in (I buy a lot of oranges, squeeze OJ every morning). We put grapefruits and lemons in them and give the away. We do throw out the mandarin bags. Still, if you buy a bunch of unpackaged mandarins aren't they going to wind up in a bag anyway?
    I hate trying to figure out what plastics we can recycle. I admit to throwing a lot of non recylable stiff in the blue bag, but I do provide work for a lot of sorters as the landfill. Isn't most recycling turning out to be a big scam anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    d all.

Nothing like good old moldy pickle.
    My aunt and uncle used to put up a bunch every summer. I got the occasional bottle that had been forgotten for years--soft, very spicy, and very hot. No one else wanted them, I loved them. Alas I have to make do with Clausen's from Safeway these days. Not bad actually. They have to be refrigerated so they're not on the shelf with the other inferior pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    God damn fucking woodpeckers fucking annoy me! In particular, those that seem to think "iViva! sure has a purty (metal-clad) roof. I think that I'll punch a fucking hole or two in it". Rural life...I guess this kinda shit is part of the deal, eh?

Problem solved!
    you'll shoot your eye out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post

You should test to see how oblivious they really are. Pretend to not be paying attention. See if they walk out then. I bet they’re paying attention out of the corner of their eye, at least.
    Weird, I thought the same thing. On Wednesday I took one real deep, big vehicle, loud diesel, loud brakes....not one hesitation, not one side glance. That’s the moment I set a mental marker to write it up.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    A perfect use for your horn. Blast them into the present.

It’s a small town, I’m usually in government vehicles with my supervisors number in large print on the side, and the reason this situation exists is that the cultural attitudes here view wandering into a crosswalk as totally sacrosanct and horn use, in general, as completely unacceptable. I can’t even imagine the world of bullshit if my supervisors and our board saw video of me blasting horn at a college kid in a crosswalk.

Making sure everyone is awake at the college crosswalk can go both ways: I knew a guy in college who walked around with his keys on a 2 ft long, heavy chain. He would often swing it in a circle as he walked--just fast enough to maintain tension over the top. When he walked into the crosswalk he kept his eyes up but he never waited. Clipped a few cars. Never escalated, that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    God damn fucking woodpeckers fucking annoy me! In particular, those that seem to think "iViva! sure has a purty (metal-clad) roof. I think that I'll punch a fucking hole or two in it". Rural life...I guess this kinda shit is part of the deal, eh?

Problem solved!
    Northern Flicker methinks. Mouthy fuckers too.

Still a beautiful specimen.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    It’s a small town, I’m usually in government vehicles with my supervisors number in large print on the side, and the reason this situation exists is that the cultural attitudes here view wandering into a crosswalk as totally sacrosanct and horn use, in general, as completely unacceptable. I can’t even imagine the world of bullshit if my supervisors and our board saw video of me blasting horn at a college kid in a crosswalk.
    It's not just your town. It's become the norm.

I've spent a fair amount of time on campuses over the years and it's gotten to the point where they don't even bother to look as they know you'll slam on the brakes if it comes down to it.

I suppose it's possible that whatever they are all looking at on their phones is incredibly important

Damn kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Still a beautiful specimen.
    Yup, that's what I thought. Beautiful animal.

But the little fuck would start around 6:30-6:45 every morning. My roof is clad with sheet metal, so imagine the whole-house racket every fucking morning, lasting up until around 8:00 AM. Been going on for a week or so. I was not about to grant it time to peck through the metal sheet with more rain / snow in the immediate weather forecast.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

This time if year woodpeckers are staking territory. Seems they like metal roofs to drum their authority. You problem may not be over yet if another moves into the neighbourhood.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    This time if year woodpeckers are staking territory. Seems they like metal roofs to drum their authority. You problem may not be over yet if another moves into the neighbourhood.
    The wildlife biologist I work w/ told me they are trying to attract a mate by hammering on the metal roof. So, I leave them alone. Nobody likes a cockblock.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    When the wife asks what I think about something then argues with me about why that’s wrong

Don’t ask me if you don’t want a real answer

I didn’t ask for this argument
    My wife used to do that quite a bit. Finally started telling her Homey don't play that game which kinda pisses her off, but...

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Yeah, as it turns out, they agreed with you guys. I just showed them the picture and they instantly gave me a new car. Very nice and very apologetically gracious about the whole thing. So I can’t even bitch too much about that. And honestly, that annoys me too. I had worked up a good old anger and I was ready for a confrontational fight with that I could win and they didn’t even put up a fight. Took the wind right out of my sails. The bastards. .......

Luckily I caught it before I headed out into the wilds with this thing......
    Awesome, I know exactly how you feel. Laughing here.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Making sure everyone is awake at the college crosswalk can go both ways: I knew a guy in college who walked around with his keys on a 2 ft long, heavy chain. He would often swing it in a circle as he walked--just fast enough to maintain tension over the top. When he walked into the crosswalk he kept his eyes up but he never waited. Clipped a few cars. Never escalated, that I know of.
    I was crossing the street at a residential intersection and some lady coming from my right decides she's too busy to stop. She was kind enough to put two wheels on the sidewalk to keep from hitting me--by inches. I was carrying an umbrella and gave her car a good whack. She stops and starts screaming at me that she's going to sue me if there's any damage to her car. I said fine, you can explain to the judge how I managed to get you on the driver's side. She was smart enough to shut up and leave.

My tall blond wife blissfully walks into traffic expecting it to stop. I have to tell her that what worked when she was 25 might not work as well at 65.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Woodpeckers eat these fuckers. Killing woodpeckers is lame.
    Quite illegal too. Hanging some cd's on string in the eaves should keep them away. They don't like the flashes of light as the cd's swing in the breeze in the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Quite illegal too. Hanging some cd's on string in the eaves should keep them away. They don't like the flashes of light as the cd's swing in the breeze in the sun.
    If you don't have cd's hang old Ipods and I phones (the silver ones)

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Hanging some cd's on string in the eaves
    Mating season....so maybe a little Barry White, Marvin Gaye...you know what I’m talkin about

Mating season....so maybe a little Barry White, Marvin Gaye...you know what I’m talkin about
    A New Posthumous Album Reveals Marvin Gaye at a Crossroads

http://time.com/5555712/marvin-gaye-...-album-review/
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Got pelted with huge juicy bugs on the highway today and none of the gas stations had squeegees to wash windshields. WTF?

In and around our college campus people just walk into traffic with the understanding that vehicles will then stop for them.
    When I lived in Vancouver and worked downtown the pedestrians were out of control. It wasn't one guy walking in front of oncoming traffic it would be dozens of them. They would ignore the don't walk light making it impossible to turn right or left. Once one person walked out and a car held up to not hit them everyone would walk out. The only way to get through was to slowly inch the car out around the corner. You'd have people walking around until front and behind you. Harder to do turning left across oncoming traffic. Finally gave up and would do 3 right turns to make a left. Never seen anything like it anywhere else. New York drivers wouldnt put up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Got pelted with huge juicy bugs on the highway today and none of the gas stations had squeegees to wash windshields. WTF?

When I lived in Vancouver and worked downtown the pedestrians were out of control. It wasn't one guy walking in front of oncoming traffic it would be dozens of them. They would ignore the don't walk light making it impossible to turn right or left. Once one person walked out and a car held up to not hit them everyone would walk out. The only way to get through was to slowly inch the car out around the corner. You'd have people walking around until front and behind you. Harder to do turning left across oncoming traffic. Finally gave up and would do 3 right turns to make a left. Never seen anything like it anywhere else. New York drivers wouldnt put up with that.
    And people crossing illegally never walk fast, do they.
    When I'm in Sacramento I walk a lot--if I have to cross at an uncontrolled intersection, even the ones that have flashing lights you can activate, I wait until the traffic clears. I don't trust drivers to stop just because I'm halfway across the street. Sacramento has to be the pedestrian death capital of the US. (Not according to statistics it turns out, but it feels right to me so I'll keep believing it.)

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Oh, California. Where it's now easier to get needles (free from the govt at that) than it is to get a straw for your drink, a plastic bag, or a standard gpf toilet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app