Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Time Jumper clip, Vince Gill plays with them when he's around (so I'm told).

Tasty VG guitar playing at around the 4:30 mark.....he is ridiculous

damn, what a fun town. Started around 2 at the Swinging Doors. Typical downtown tourist kinda trap. Bachelorette party in there even. Had PBR pounders for $3 and big pours of whiskey. It was off to the races. Stopped a few doors down, live music again-everywhere even. Was impressed they had Natural Light both in cans and draft. Had a great safety discussion with a local at the bar. Had to buy the shirt there...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	141298

Hit Robert's Western World for some real authentic country. It was great. Tourists again, but enough locals to keep it interesting. Ordered the first thing on the menu, particularly after noting that it was not only a sandwich, but 'made on bread'.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-2.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	658.7 KB 
ID:	141302

Then a cab up to Third and Lindsley for the SteelDrivers show. Doors opened at 6, i was there before. Line was out the door. Well, cuz the doors hadn't opened. There were actually about a dozen of us. Most grabbed the front tables, i grabbed the a-number-motherfucking-one best barstool. And got shitfaced. Great view, just the right distance from the stage.

Went to a half dozen more spots, ending up on Printer's Row.

Took two days to recover, but was really worth it. What a great town for music and drinkin'. There are some twisted similarities between the scenes there, in Vegas, and in New Orleans. Sounds like a road trip...

/edit, i'll fix those later...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

I'm near Vandy next week and need to entertain a fairly large group.
    Hog Heaven sounds great, but not for this group.

What would knock the socks off some Yankees and maybe a couple of Korean's.

Take them for a boat ride at the gaylord opryland.

^ First time I went in there, it reminded me of Willy Wonka's chocolate room. Cool place.

Avoid the FGL House...wife was just there, said the douchebag percentage was at a all time high.

Is Dolly World near Nashville? Do you think that have pics of her tits on display there?

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

If you want an authentic taste of Nashville, try one of the traditional "meat and three" joints for lunch. Can't go wrong with Arnold's or Sweatt's. That's real Nashville. Most of today's Nashville restaurant scene is like so many of the people you'll meet in hip, contemporary Nashville: it's from somewhere else.

Not that that is a bad thing. I grew up in a Nashville that was extremely parochial, stiflingly religious, appallingly racist and a real tedious place to spend one's teen years. Nashville has changed a lot but that is still an accurate description for Tennessee, in general. Some of the friendliest people you'll ever meet, until you make the mistake of talking politics or religion with them. Then they become some of the most backwards, bible-thumpin', pig-headed people you'll ever meet.

So there you have it. Southern soul food is a Nashville "do". Talking politics or religion is definitely a Nashville "don't".
    Last edited by neckdeep; 10-17-2017 at 08:31 AM.

Bump!

Headed down to Nashville soon and hoping to get some ideas for shit to do. Probably going to be more of the eating, drinking, music-ing kind of natured things. Staying on the North side of town but will Uber anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    IMost of today's Nashville restaurant scene is like so many of the people you'll meet in hip, contemporary Nashville: it's from somewhere else.
    Not from somewhere else.

http://www.margotcafe.com/
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

I'm just a four hour drive away. I plan on visiting soon.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Skip Hattie B's

Awesome. Been going since the old location.

Best tacos in town. 2 miles from my office.

The best burger. Deluxe with spicy fries.

Trendy spot Two Ten Jack

Brag to your friends on FB. Catbird Seat

Best restaurant.

My go to.

Best BBQ

the Kitchen Notes brunch in the Omni (same building as Bobs and the best hotel in town) is a epic experience.

That said Margot or her other place Marche are fantastic breakfast choices.

Hibachi???? Fuck yeah!
    Last edited by Bobby Stainless; 04-29-2018 at 05:55 PM.

Go to Station Inn for bluegrass music or catch a show at the Ryman. Check out the Country Music Hall of Fame if you're into learning about the local music (even if you're not a big country fan, it's still really cool to learn about the musical history of the town and see Elvis's gold-plated limo). Get meat-and-three for lunch at Arnold's. Play ridiculous guitars at Carter's and Gruhn's.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

If you can make it to Cool Springs Bishops is my favorite meat and 3.

Ascend Amphitheater is a great venue too. Lawn tickets are my preference there. You can stumble in pretty much anywhere and hear good music here.

Nice, Bobby. On file.

Hattie B's has a branch spinoff in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., that has seen much better days. Sadly, Hattie has not been with us for many years, and it shows.

The Johnny Cash museum is cool, because, well, Johnny. The TV/movie section is kinda sad. He didn't do as well in L.A. as Elvis. He tried, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Skip Hattie B's

Awesome. Been going since the old location.

Best tacos in town. 2 miles from my office.

The best burger. Deluxe with spicy fries.

Trendy spot Two Ten Jack

Brag to your friends on FB. Catbird Seat

Best restaurant.

My go to.

Best BBQ

the Kitchen Notes brunch in the Omni (same building as Bobs and the best hotel in town) is a epic experience.

That said Margot or her other place Marche are fantastic breakfast choices.

Hibachi???? Fuck yeah!
    Uhh yes. What is the air bnb or any type of other overnight situation looking like down there?

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Uhh yes. What is the air bnb or any type of other overnight situation looking like down there?
    We got what looks like a nice place with good reviews, for $100 a night. Cleaning and fees bump that up a little, but way cheaper than the hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    I'm in Nashville this week for a conference, and stopped by New Heights Brewing last night. Bolton's truck was there. I ordered "hot" and it was really, really intense. That hot chicken is not for the faint of heart. It was delicious, but I'm glad I didn't get the extra hot.

I've got an extra bedroom in White House, TN 20 mins north of Nashville I'd hook up any mag with, but I'm sure if you've got company with you'd want to just be downtown. I'd be down for a mag meet-up somewhere, too. I agree with pretty much everything Bobby posted except Hattie B's happens to be my favorite Nashville hot chicken spot - Alton Brown's, too. "Hot" hot chicken is loaded up with cayenne, but "damn hot" and higher introduces habanero.
    I think I found our one and only real deal ski shop here in Neptune and they do disk golf, too.
    I'll add Las Paletas for some of the best Popsicles you've ever had, Kayne Prime for a great spendy dinner if you can't get into the Catbird Seat (month out reservations), the Patterson House for classic booze, and two-ten Jack is no good - at least the one time I went.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    I'm in Nashville this week for a conference, and stopped by New Heights Brewing last night. Bolton's truck was there. I ordered "hot" and it was really, really intense. That hot chicken is not for the faint of heart. It was delicious, but I'm glad I didn't get the extra hot.
    Same conference I’m here for I assume. We hit Broadway after the reception last night.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Same conference I’m here for I assume. We hit Broadway after the reception last night.
    I was at an event at Rock Bottom Monday night (a friend's yeast lab was sponsoring). First time in Nashville, and it's a good time, even if the beer's generally not so good. Check out Bearded Iris if you haven't already, it's been the best we've found so far. And Czann's is solid, but a great time because the owner/brewer is a good guy.

Last night was watching the Caps and the Preds and drinking way too much whiskey..

Yeah beer has been lackluster, at least at the welcome reception. Tailgate Brewing was pretty good, went to Bearded Iris and that was good too. These hipster hazy beer joints are starting to blend together these days though.

Hitting up the Oskar Blues concert tonight. Get VIP tix from vendors at the show.

Thanks for the info. We are heading there tomorrow staying through the weekend as part of our drive back to Colorado. Catching the Foo Fighters show on Friday.

Yo Bobby S!

Thinking about making a trip up the road to sample Sean Brock’s new spot, The Audrey, you been yet?

Place looks killer and a total throwback to opulent dining. I miss his touch on Husk and all his former restaurants, but it seems like he’s in a really good spot right now personally, health wise and professionally.

Appreciate any other beta you got too. Targeting early April.

Also, if you got any screaming deals on a trade in RS6Avant I’m all ears too.
    I still call it The Jake.