Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    no problems w/kick turns-g3 onyx mounted per keith's recommendation and Scarpa TxPro
    contrary to what was said above, mounted at that point they look like there's not much tail
    how would you compare you TXpros to a dynafit zzero4 boot? or other well known AT boots?

Well, I'm glad that I snowboard on deep pow days, because there are some really solid (180cm) pow skis at a ridiculous price right now ...

EDIT: anyone have any buyers remorse on the 183 MVPs they picked up in the late May blowout?
    Last edited by SchralphMacchio; 06-18-2013 at 09:35 PM.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    because there are some really solid (180cm) pow skis at a ridiculous price right now ...
    Pow Boards. Too good. Purchased.

What a price. Even plus shipping I could easily sell them at a decent profit here in Japan. Not that I will (and not that it needed saying). I'll steal some tech bindings from some homeless person, and use my Protest skins on them, and then ski them every time I wake up to knee deep - which is so frequent I take it for granted.
    Life is not lift served.

For information sake, I finally overcame my borderline narcoleptic laziness to remount my Freerides at -1.5. Although I only got maybe 7 or 8 days on them, I am exceptionally happy with the new position, and wish I had moved them much earlier. Now they ski much more "traditionally." Still just as fast edge to edge, but can now use the stiffness to barrel through things while getting your weight much more forward without feeling like you're on rollerblades. Which is fine, it would just always take me a day or two to adjust from all the other skis in my quiver to the mount on this pair of skis, and that's no longer the case.

Of interest, I also have received another pair of Freerides in my hot, sweaty hands, and there are a couple very noticeable differences. Keith has actually moved the dimple forward +.25 on the 2013/2014 Freerides from the 2010/2011 Freerides. There is a substantial change in camber on the new ones, maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of the amount in the old Freerides(tough to tell for sure given how beat to death my old ones are-also these are in a different flex which may or may not have resulted in small camber changes). Also several very subtle shaping changes. As I mentioned in previous reviews, in my experience the tips and tails need to be detuned like a madman, and along with that I am going to start the mount on these at least -1.5 from the new dimple.

I picked up the 2011 196 ninja protests. Any suggestions on mounting before I put them on the line?

sent from the future using my mind powers
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

small-man/female sized variable powder boards now up in ze blowout.

I need me some daily drivers though! I wonder if any small-man sized Freerides or MVPs are in stock ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Schralph, check out the market place. There are some carbon 187 MVPs up for sale for a good price. That's what you mean by "small-man", right? Also a smaller mountain jib up on geartrade.

I just pulled the trigger on 179 carbon layup 9D8s in a mid-stiff flex with a GPO graphic. Is it verboten to get a GPO graphic on anything but the GPO? Oh well, no one on the east coast will know anything other than that they look cool

Quote Originally Posted by Roder View Post
    Oh well, no one on the east coast will know anything other than that they look cool
    I'll call you on it from the chair If you're ever at Jay. enjoy the 9D8s, fwiw the Concepts ended up being my EC quiver of one most of last season; unreal edge hold, and turn faster than you can think in trees.

Ha, Ha, I got a GPO without a GPO graphic Just to be different, a Protest tatoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Shu Shu View Post
    ...fwiw the Concepts ended up being my EC quiver of one most of last season; unreal edge hold, and turn faster than you can think in trees.
    I love Jay (though it's far from me, in Boston), but how do you use the Concepts as an EC quiver? I can't believe it's not way too fat for all but the powderiest days. Can it seriously be useful on an icy groomer or in tight icy/spotty trees?

Quote Originally Posted by Dane1 View Post
    Ha, Ha, I got a GPO without a GPO graphic Just to be different, a Protest tatoo!
    GPOs with sister Theresa are on their way to me, soon.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using TGR Forums
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by Dane1 View Post
    I ordered the stiff ones with the Pompeii graphics because I ordered les petites for my wife with the GPO graphics. I only ordered the GPOs for myself because she liked the GPO graphics, and keith advised me on the petites for wifey..

norsk

this morning was nice...received my 2nd pair of Praxis, brand new 187cm Protest mec/stiff with carbon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1372187328.739796.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	238.2 KB 
ID:	139088

The nice 2013/14 bases

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1372187441.641084.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	139089

It was packed with a buddy s Ullr 185cm carbon (From this year clearance)

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1372187561.267835.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	139090

Some XXX rated rockers comparo!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1372187608.127697.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	160.3 KB 
ID:	139091

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1372187638.314078.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	173.3 KB 
ID:	139092

Will mount the protests at 0 or +1...
    As usual "grande classe" quality, light and stiff enough on the hands...these are swords!stoked

Holy sexy base graphics!

Actually kinda fun knowing Keith and crew are actually making "YOUR" personal pair of skis to order. Hard not to be stoked on the end result.

mine have been made for a while now
    just emailed Keith to send them to me

182 gpo's medium plus
    carbon hybrid

mtn stained glass topsheet

STOKED!
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Holy sexy base graphics!
    Sexier than older...really like this Praxis typo! Could be nice on a topsheet.

Note on Protest and Ullr flex.
    Both are med/stiff w/carbon but the protest seems to be softer on the tip(great swing weight on the hands) being progressively stiff underfoot. The ullr keeps its med/stiff average flex from tip to tail. The tail is a bit softer than Protests. Ullrs are clearly heavier. I ll weight them soon.
    I m convinced that the protests will be awesome over the Snow but i have to say that the ullr shape looks spot on! I want to try these and I believe that they will work like i d say a flatter faster fatty dps 120!

I believe In Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdan View Post
    how would you compare you TXpros to a dynafit zzero4 boot? or other well known AT boots?
    Didn't see this before. The txpros are pretty soft. They are good for bc, I really like them skinning. I used them lift served a few times and they are so soft, I get tired quickly. I haven't tried any other AT boots with this setup. I'm getting some version of tecnica's with tech fittings this season, it will be interesting to see the difference.

Just received notification that my 193 med/stiff MVPs with Screaming Bear topsheet have been delivered to my house... I cannot wait to get home and check out those bad boys and am so stoked to fondle my first pair of Praxis... Me thinks the little misses may be a little jealous with all of the fondling and four playing these babies are going to get tonight...

And def want to give a should out to Keith and Praxis as he sent follow up emails to me about the skis and thoughts on mounting... Now I just need to resist picking up a pair of 192 GPOs...

^^^^^^^^^^^not to tempt you, but I have 192 GPO and will downsize to 187 next season. Used 2 days in UT mounted at -2 for 310 BSL FKS
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

God, I'm loving the 182 GPO's that showed up last week.
    rocker profile, flex and new shovel/tip design (alla ULLR's) look so money.

5'8" 165 lbs

It'd be cool if the Protest tip design was updated with the Woo 2.0, GPO, ULLR tip design.
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^not to tempt you, but I have 192 GPO and will downsize to 187 next season. Used 2 days in UT mounted at -2 for 310 BSL FKS
    Whyturn, why the down size? How much for the 192's I really don't need
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

^^^Well, I am reachning that age where 190 plus skis seem too big. Have 188 megawatt, 187 Protest, 187 Squad 7, and therefore the 192 seems a little big. But it was a blast at Alta. Maybe I'm an idiot. Therefore the 191 Lhasa FAT would have to go too.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    ^^^Well, I am reachning that age where 190 plus skis seem too big. Have 188 megawatt, 187 Protest, 187 Squad 7, and therefore the 192 seems a little big. But it was a blast at Alta. Maybe I'm an idiot. Therefore the 191 Lhasa FAT would have to go too.
    I have a better idea. Keep them and own 2 pairs

Sent from my SGH-I747M using TGR Forums
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow
    I just need to resist picking up a pair of 192 GPOs...
    channeling Keith in a black mask and with a deep voice, "Resistance is futile"