Using trailer as home office

Has anybody here successfully used a small trailer as a home office? Possibly doing this for an extended time, parking in a driveway or along side my home. i live in the sierra western foothills; summer is warm and dry w/ occasional triple digit days and winter is wet (sometimes very wet) with occasional snowfall and occasional hard freezes. What kinds of issues am i going to run into? pitfalls? resources?

tia and cheer

http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/

Saw those guys on some travel channel or HGTV TV show. Pretty cool. One of the featured ones on the show was a home office for a couple in Oakland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Have not done this exact thing.

sitting in an office w/o AC in triple digits sounds like a nightmare. Unless you want the sauna thing going. Assuming you have power, could hook up a mini AC or some fans?

Winter, with a mini wood stove like this http://www.marinestove.com/Hot%20Cho...0Manheimer.jpg should make a small space toasty.

Are you asking if its doable (obviously yes) or whether it's tax-deductible as a home office (don't know)?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Hugh Conway Guest
    rontele's got a yugo on blocks in the front yard he's deducting.

I build these for a living for primarily government clients (www.nomadgcs.com). Started the company with three frienda while working as a raft guide. We've done everything from mobile pharmacies to temporary offices with lifetime tables in cargo trailers. It can definitely be done and even done comfortably, depending on your budget and how handy you are. Feel free to shoot me a PM for some suggestions. I'm on the IT side of the business, but originally was involved in every part including the building. Believe it or not, it makes a huge difference if you insulate the floor. Warm feet make working in a trailer in the winter a much better experience.

Thanks all. the idea is to basically add a 'room' to a home on the cheap. find a trailer via cl (floor insulation is a good idea - thanks). we're in the market for a home. most that we see in our price range are a room shy of our needs. the trailer seems like a reasonable idea, we think, at least in the short or medium term.

i didn't bother pm-ing rontele. i heard he no longer responds.

cheers

It's done often. Check your zoning laws.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.