Thread: TGR Ski Test

TGR Ski Test

Maggots.

TGR will be performing it's first ever ever ski test March 26th through March 31st. We're inviting you to come join us and give opinions on skis that only you can provide. In exchange, you'll get to ride new gear, get lifted for free(This will be limited to the first 10 people), a shot at some swag and we'll do our best to get you drunk afterwards. Testing will largely be held on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (March 29-31) in Teton Village. If you're interested in participating in this test please contact gavin.gibson@tetongravity.com for details.

Those who can show up earlier in the week will be part of a special filming project, so come if you can, but please don't suck.

That is all.

Let me know what you think,
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

"We been runnin' these goddam hills for dang near, huh?"
    Sturgis Uncensored

Will snowblades be available for testing?
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

Hoping Rax skis are in the line up.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

i'd be down, but suck.

bonus for those that don't though...free OAR concert for apres on Saturday, and Deer Tick playing the Pink Garter Sunday night...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Wish I was going to be here.

Florida Sucks.

However, The Ville was skiing incredibly well this morning - just saying.

Make sure to email Gavin at the email in my initial post if you are interested .i am getting pm's on this, but I am not going to be around and will have limited Internet the next few weeks. I hope some of you go and tear this up.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!!! What a ride!"

Sturgis Uncensored

Curious if any of you guys are in?

Sturgis Uncensored

Quote Originally Posted by TGR420 View Post
    Curious if any of you guys are in?
    Nobody here skis. We're just dentists.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Coop and Bumby and I might drive over from Sun Valley. Bumby is a fine skier, what sort of toe irons will you be using?

Coop is also great on a pair of skis but I am not sure how useful he will be for your purposes. He is fucking Ms. Bergman this winter and reports her vagina to be remarkably resilient, which is why neither of them ever seem to be present for apres-ski.

I suppose he will insist on bringing her along. Which is fine because in addition to her fine vagina (which I am not in a position to appreciate) she is good company. Which I am always in a position to appreciate.

Please don't share this, as I suppose neither of their spouses would enjoy finding out. I have no problem with it myself. Even the dumbest Indian knows you want to make sure you have extra squaws around to keep you warm in wintertime.

oops! PM that shit Ernest!

(I would have loved to do this, but I have friends coming in to ski in CO this week, and I banged myself up in a crash on Monday, and last but not least, I suck)

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    i'd be down, but suck.

whatever, i'm the worst skier on the mountain.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

M. Strummer, I presume.

Now I've been known to turn a ski in my day, throw daffy or two and probably fell down Corbets before you were born. So with my eyewatering eau de dirtbag, earthtone sleuth ropeducking threads and a few 'huh's' beyond je ne sais quois, I'd love to help you with your ski test.

Will there be categories for worst graphics?
    Will there be categories for best topskin texture for rolling joints or chopping lines?
    How about a measure of how closely some big brand name has copied grassroots born ingenuity ?

Do you guys really have enough clout to enlist the village to support you in your need for snowcats to drive over skis in the robustness tests? How about having some of those patrollers with hemaroid problems come out and yell at us testers. Cause that would be sweet and real.

I won't bother with trying to get you guys to sign some contract assuring me of credit for helping you out because, really, don't we all just do it for the love?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

We have four committed and two spots open, so hit Gavin up if you are in.

Sturgis Uncensored

I like this idea and look forward to the results.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.