Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    With a few years under the belt, any die hard OG STH/916 fans who have been on these a while, is delta/ramp the same, ski any differently
    Not sure about the ramp angle differences, but I've sold most of my old stock of STH16's and all of my newer inbounds setups are all STH2 16's. No notable performance differences for me. Feel and ski like Sallie's. Although they feel like there is more plastic, especially in the heel track, they have been durable enough for me. I've hit lots of 12'-15' drops (don't do much bigger than that anymore) and no issues. Lower starting DIN of 7 on the 16's makes my lighter weight buddies less anxious when they want to borrow a pair. That 9 on the STH16's used to be a source of angst.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Not sure about the ramp angle differences, but I've sold most of my old stock of STH16's and all of my newer inbounds setups are all STH2 16's. No notable performance differences for me. Feel and ski like Sallie's. Although they feel like there is more plastic, especially in the heel track, they have been durable enough for me. I've hit lots of 12'-15' drops (don't do much bigger than that anymore) and no issues. Lower starting DIN of 7 on the 16's makes my lighter weight buddies less anxious when they want to borrow a pair. That 9 on the STH16's used to be a source of angst.
    Thanks man. Seems like 2 is the way to go, but tell me about those remaining OG's you have. Then sell them to me
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Pulling the helper springs on STH16's lowers DIN setting by about 2 or 2.5 (STH16 mainsprings aren't quite the same as STH14 springs). On 916/STH-Steel, backing off the toe cap by half a turn and heel cap one full turn brings setting down to 8. Unofficially of course.

Can anyone with access to the Sally shop manual give me the part number for a replacement heel track for STH2 13/16?

^^thanks!