Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    i overlaid the heel pattern that can be found here on the standard sth template. there's another file here that has the measurements for a 325 bsl; you should be able to adjust from there to fit yours.

Ya know, they really should have gone with a moving AFD. It looks like the Tecnica tech soles have a sorta hard and smooth part on the toe and heel to help with release. So that's nice I guess.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Driver toe is correct, guardian heel not.

Use this one, if you fancy: http://www.powderguide.com/community...nhang1105.html
    (not verified for Warden)

AFD set-up: Does the business card method apply with these (click in with business card on afd, be able to pull it out with some resistance)? Have mostly set up marker bindings in the past with the sliding AFD.

will this binding match the scarpa freedom sl boot?

thx.

Quote Originally Posted by çayzi View Post

thx.
    Same color. Perfect.

Was not color question.

Was not color question.
    May not, but at least now have information.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Will it fit? Yes.

Will Salomon indemnify this combination? No.

Should you do it anyway? Depends.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Will it fit? Yes.

Will Salomon indemnify this combination? No.

Should you do it anyway? Depends.
    Yeah, like you mean it depends if the colors match, so all set.

These bindings have a big heel travel at about 30mm. Anyone know where the standard mount for a BSL puts the heel in that travel?

Right around the middle?

Just planning a mount to best be a loner ski, my boot is a 25 so I doubt anyone will be smaller but would like to fit up to a 27.

^^^ Practice mount on a 2x4?
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

That's what I did...

Quote Originally Posted by Knut View Post
    Driver toe is correct, guardian heel not.

Use this one, if you fancy: http://www.powderguide.com/community...nhang1105.html
    (not verified for Warden)
    FYI (luv2ski already covered this in another thread, just verifying.)

Toes from the above link.

Toes from Jondrums Paper Templates

I taped the heel from the above link via lining up the BSL onto Jondrum's template and used his toes, and it worked out fine.
    I tried clicking the above link again and it wasn't working, if anyone needs the file PM me and I can email it to you.

I measured now an old Scott driver toe and two 914 of different builds. Front hole with was somewhere between 40.9 and 41.7 mm on all. But all of them have slightly oval holes. Picture shows a S914:

(hard to see but the caliper is at 41mm)

Not like the current driver toe of the STH2 which clearly has round holes. For which I got another feedback of the holes being 42mm apart. And as jondrums old sally template was very successfully used as well, I decided to change them for 42mm.

There is one consequence now however: I am not at all sure whether the front holes of the Warden binding are now to be changed as well. So the template's status is back to "unverified" for the Warden (used it only once - and as I didn't notice the front hole distance being off for more than a dozen driver toe mounts, I am not sure about this one at all now)

The templates can be found here: http://www.powderguide.com/community...=seite#pid7410

The Salomon jig doesn't put the screw in the center of the slot on 900-series and STH toes, it puts the screws in the outside corners of each slot. No idea why Salomon even made the holes slotted. Maybe very early Salomon toes positioned the front screws in the inside corner position, and they designed the early 900-series toes with a slot to fit the "old" and "new" (wider) pattern, since they were so close.

so 42mm CTC in the front toe holes but with some room to go smaller?
    say if one were to drill @ 40mm and throw in inserts, would the front toe @ 42mm fit in the inserts?

yeah, yeah try it in a 2x4 (good idea), but what do you guys think?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Anyone successfully(ish) cramming a Dynafit Mercury into the STH2? If so, do you feel pretty good about it?

Trying to figure out my rock ski setup, and I've got a pair of STH2s sitting around, but want to be able to use my Mercury's. I'd rather not buy a new binding right now, so I thought I'd see what maggotdom thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by jvskinn View Post
    Anyone successfully(ish) cramming a Dynafit Mercury into the STH2? If so, do you feel pretty good about it?

Trying to figure out my rock ski setup, and I've got a pair of STH2s sitting around, but want to be able to use my Mercury's. I'd rather not buy a new binding right now, so I thought I'd see what maggotdom thinks.
    Similar question: anyone used Maestrale RS (or mango Maestrale) in these?

If so, did you grind your toes? And the real jong kicker: how do I grind my toes? What did you use? A dremel? And which attachment? [WHEW that's some JONGIN!!]

Salomon Alpine Binding Tech Manual 2015-2016. Has mounting+adjustment for STH2 (STH²) bindings, compatibility with WTR Quest or Max boots. Directions differ slightly from 997 and STH for adjusting wing and toe, so have a look.

http://salomontechnician.com/uploads...nual_15-16.pdf

Curious now that these have a couple seasons- anyone ever seen or heard of the 13s failing? The plastic front pillar in particular. I've had no problems to speak of with my 16s on multiple setups

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Curious now that these have a couple seasons- anyone ever seen or heard of the 13s failing? The plastic front pillar in particular. I've had no problems to speak of with my 16s on multiple setups
    No issues with mine.

no issues for me with 13s and 16s

Been running them on multiple skis for 3 seasons. NO issues at all! Great bindings! I'm running the 13's FWIW.
    Gravity. It's the law.

With a few years under the belt, any die hard OG STH/916 fans who have been on these a while, is delta/ramp the same, ski any differently
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.