Blackcomb saturday: 10am at Rendezvous

Saturday, 10 am. Blackcomb, right outside Rendezvous. I'll be wearing a black full face, black jacket, and grey pants. We'll wait around until 10:15, by which time I expect to have a good posse. Hopefully, we'll see:

-me
    -my dad (who rips)
    -Red Baron
    -powder11
    -fiddler
    -maybe BakerBunny
    -anyone any of you bring

should be fun!

im in. sam, how much new stuff fell up there?
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

I'm in, catch ya there. Black pants, red/black Spyder jacket, grey giro, likely on the BroModels (or maybe G4s).

If you do get out in the blackcomb bc try to stick to north facing slopes. Coming back in via disease ridge bodybag bowl will be a pain in the ass I can guarantee that.

11cm of new up top, and it's a little slushy down low. I'm about to head up for the day, so I'll post another report. It's nice and sunny today, so hopefully it'll be good up there.

I may be able to show, i'm supposed to be giving a tour of blackcomb to ms778 and her friend.(intermediates). But then again, i havent had the chance to ski with maggots yet...

They don't know the mountain, and you do? There's an easy solution to your dilemma staring you in the face.

Also, you can do both. Ski with us for a couple hours, have a late lunch meeting with the missus.

Problem solved. I'll be there, grey jacket, beige pants, on madtrix or ugly Bigs.

I have to bail. My wife's surgical procedure won't happen till tomorrow afternoon. I want to be there. She says I should go Sunday though, we'll see. Anybody skiing Sunday too?
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

Possible Sunday appearance. . . . looking at coming up from SEA late sat for one day shot. Roll call for Sunday????
    "Don't tease me about my hobbies, I don't tease you about being an asshole"

I bailed today but am heading up tomorrow. Be cool to meet some of you guys. I'll hit the same time/place on Blackcomb if anyone posts up.

Anyone up today with word on conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by PulverSchwein
    I bailed today but am heading up tomorrow. Be cool to meet some of you guys. I'll hit the same time/place on Blackcomb if anyone posts up.

Anyone up today with word on conditions?
    we had a small contingent of maggots show up for what turned out to be a pretty sick day. myself, samwhich, 778skier and old man samwhich (sams dad) managed to find some great pow stashes akin to looking under rocks for juicy crawdads. glacier express was our ticket out of the rain and into the great white north. it was a freakin blizzard up there, complete with deep windblown pow stashes off saphire & diamond bowls as well as the secret chutes. we kept running the same line like it was our job, farming out fresh tracks that the gale force wind provided. it got so bad up there, they shut down both t-bars. by 3:30 pm we were the only lunatics still out there. a nice apres ski run down bark sandwhich to the GLC unveiled the kokanee glacier girls handing out free beer. hopefully samwhich didn't drink too many and picked up that barbi doll kokanee glacier girl. btw, your dad rips (no joke)and should join us more often.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

That was definetly a good day, even though i bailed early (not a good season so far for keeping in shape.) Good to hear you guys found more stuff all day

Looking forward to skiing together again sometime.

Great day guys. Sorry you had to check out early 778skier, it was fun skiing with you.

powder11: thanks for showing me around Blackcomb a little bit. I don't ski Blackcomb that often, so I don't know it very well. I'm still smiling about that line on Secret Chute.

Red Baron: sorry we missed each other. I was worried about something like that happening when we changed from 10am at the Roundhouse to 10am at Rendezvous. Did you ski Whistler? I called you, but got no answer.

and one more thing. powder11: yeah, i got her number.

Quote Originally Posted by Samwich
    one more thing. powder11: yeah, i got her number.
    nice work, your dad's a good wingman

Yeah, my dad kicks ass. He even bought her a drink.

This weekend got me stoked on skiing again. Today was sunny, and I went back and hit some of the same lines again. The snow was harder, but still soft enough to drop some stuff.

Sam - Sorry we missed you guys; we're back in Vancouver now. Yes we skied Whistler early, then gave up on the rainstorm and crowds, and headed over to the Blackcomb side, goofed around there for a bit and called it a day around 3pm.

I've got to say, our description of the day doesn't look anything like yours; all we found were jam-packed runs full of people, or totally rock-laden runs with huge bumps on them!

Coming down on the Whistler side it was POURING rain - yeah, that was fun....sounds like you guys found the goods; next time we'll find you and check it out - we did go to the GLC and saw that band, but we didn't get there until about 5:30 so I wasn't sure if you were around - yeah, I should have called....

Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron
    Red Baron then gave up on the rainstorm and crowds,
    Coming down on the Whistler side it was POURING rain - yeah, that was fun....sounds like you guys found the goods; next time we'll find you and check it out -
    So I guess Red Baron does bring the moisture wherever he's at (Utah right now- Sunny, BC when he's there- raining/snowing).

Damn, don't let that guy leave Van - we need to squeeze some more rain, err-snow out him

Wish I could have gotten up this weekend- hoping to get back to Blackcomb in a few weeks.
    Last edited by Squirrel99; 03-06-2005 at 05:59 PM.

This weekend got me stoked on skiing again. Today was sunny, and I went back and hit some of the same lines again. The snow was harder, but still soft enough to drop some stuff.
    Thanks all for posting the word on Blackcomb. I was up today with some friends basically following your tracks from yesterday. Lots of fun.

good for you, lets head out again sometime soon; hopefully with more snow. Blackcomb is nice because everyone is over at Whistler. In the alpine, there are some less obvious lines which require some billygoating, but always yield solid results. Ive found the scare factor keeps alot of snow from getting tracked out.