Corral Trail in Tahoe is a finalist for $100K Bell Built Grant. Please vote!

Modifications to South Lake Tahoe's Corral Trail could be completed by the fall, but first it needs your vote.

PLEASE GET ON FACEBOOK AND VOTE FOR OUR CORRAL TRAIL PROJECT.

If the Corral project wins, the Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association would get about $30,000 and in-kind labor to finish the route. This means we might win our share of $100,000 split between 3 projects and have IMBA Trail Solutions come here to help build out all the proposed features on Corral Trail (jumps, berms, hips, tables, rock features).
    Once complete the Corral Trail will be a model for how trails with mountain bike features can legally be built in USFS lands

Here's the plan: http://mountainbiketahoe.org/wp-cont...MBA2013-sm.pdf

and here's where you vote. Select Flow Trail Projects and Corral: http://www.facebook.com/BellBikeHelm...28716427271717

Thanks everyone.

Corral Trail Rebuilding by TAMBA Tahoe, on Flickr
    Last edited by amydalayna; 03-18-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Good luck!
    I do have to point out the current model for how to achieve this (sanctioned FR features) is the one with the FS and Teton Freedom Riders.
    www.tetonfreedomriders.org

Definitely check it out!

Please help make a local Tahoe trail more awesomer! Vote for Corral Trail. Please

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Good luck!
    I do have to point out the current model for how to achieve this (sanctioned FR features) is the one with the FS and Teton Freedom Riders.
    www.tetonfreedomriders.org

Definitely check it out!
    Hey amy, you ever heard of the teton freedom riders or the forest service?

She's on it rideit
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Just tryin TA help....I voted!

do people still ride motos on it?

Quote Originally Posted by DirkaDirkaJack View Post
    do people still ride motos on it?
    Yep. It is still a moto trail. Getting Corral built out is going to help a nearby moto trail - Chinese DH (aka Kingsbury Stinger).
    Once complete the Corral Trail will be a model for how these features can legally be built on that multi-use trail. Chinese DH needs some love too, but we need to get the Corral trail project built out.
    Very exciting stuff going on in Tahoe.

So vote and share. It's the only 'Flow' project being considered in the West. Thanks to those that already have.

don't have facebook.

While you're at it, make a vote for Copper Harbor's DH trail. Non-competing with Tahoe's flow trail and trust me, Copper Harbor is legit and could use your support.

oh yeah this is awesome! Voted!
    ayuh

bump because the corral trail is only behind by 1%, come on people this would be soo great!!
    ayuh

I heard you can vote once a day.

um ive voted twice now, but i don't think its everyday (i voted on the 20th and then again yesterday but it wont let me vote today)
    ayuh

Correction. I have heard you can vote more than once.

sorry for yet anohter bump, but damn its close with burke 30% 30%, im facebooking the hell out of this thing, would love to see corrral take it
    ayuh

Voted again. I'll try and remember to hit it up a few more times before the deadline. Good luck to you guys!
    I can't remember...

^my understanding is that it will let you vote more than once but they will only count one. I tried to vote more than once in one day (as me a nd again as one of my pages) and it wouldn't let me.
    TO THE TOP
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Perhaps it has something to do with browser cookies? I've been unable to vote again, which seems appropriate, but I think from another page/profile you should. (?)

Dammit, Nacho deserves a vote!
    I can't remember...

Quote Originally Posted by tillPOWdidwepart View Post
    Dammit, Nacho deserves a vote!
    Nacho is really counting on everybody's vote or else it curtains for him!

Seriously are we gonna let this cash go to a bike park that charges money?

If you guys haven't voted yet Over Flow in Copper Harbor would love your votes in the DH category. We aren't just another midwest trail system, so if you're in the area check us out!

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Andrew-...igan-2012.html

It's neck and neck between Burke and Corral right now!!! 32% - 32%. Please vote for Corral if you can. It's free, and rad, and comes with rainbows. Burke is a private park that charges people to ride. They can afford to pay for their own trail.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Steamboat is tied in the pump track category! Please vote for Bear River Bike Park! I need another bicycle...

my understanding is that its not solely based on the votes, hopefully bell will realize that the corral trail is a great model on how usfs and mountain bikers and work together rather than a bike park on private land
    ayuh

The grant was not won, but Tamba did a great job of raising funds and gettner done!