Best Sun Shade for beach/babies?

I have 5 month old twins and we need a sun shade/tent for the yard and beach. Anyone recommend one? I see Kelty and Coleman make them but want to make sure we get a good one that will last with wind and stuff.

had a couple Kelly's, I liked the fact you could put sand in the pockets at the base to hold in place. weakness was the poles that would splinter after a while or strong wind. ended up buying stronger ones at a army surplus

Kelty ones are good but not 100% sun proof. The poles break but their warranty dept is very helpful and some use aluminum instead of the cheaper fiberglass poles.

Sport Brella has caught my attention more than once at the beach. That's the one I'd buy...

Go at night.

Get mirrored shades, the babes will never know you are checking them out.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I got something similar if not the same as the sportbrella from cosco last spring, $40. It's works great fits a family of 4 easy. May not be the best thing on the market but I would recommend it.

We use an E-Z UP canopy. Easy to put up and take down, big enough to have some space to move around and doesn't block the breeze.

Wind killed our first one, but after lots of use, I had let my expectations get a bit too high. I was actually pretty impressed with it. It held up until we tried to take it down, when one of the supports collapsed. We kept using it for another year or so after that. That was some intense, sand stinging your legs pre-storm wind, though. They easily stand up to typical beach wind.

Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by ncognico View Post
    +1. Good shade, easy to transport, and stands up to strong winds.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

In my experiences...the ones that block the wind also attract flies. beware

Kelty Hula Shadehouse is what we use on the boat.
    Huge footprint, easy to set up by yourself.
    Big wind gusts will destroy most shades, and this one is no different. If you turn it the right way against the wind, it actually helps it stay put. It is the swirling changing wind that is a killer.

Ours looks a little different than this picture- the feet are all connected with webbing. Makes a square of webbing around the whole footprint. Must have been a design change that they never updated in the photos.

http://www.kelty.com/p-515-hula-shadehouse.aspx
    I have broken one section of pole, due to swirling wind gusts. Otherwise, the thing is bomber.

^^ warthog- the hula looks great for the beach and for the yard and cookouts and stuff. Tried to find it on backcountry to save with coupon but they don't have it.

I think I got it from Kelty.

Another vote for Sportbrella.