Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Fair enough, brother. I can respect that.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    sweet fng respect should be cherished
    bring the community sumthin aside from meh for 34 and diggie death threads
    and i bets youre jong ass gathers a inkling of return respect
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

LOL. Respect rescinded.

I use a roman calendar. Today is number 13.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by deepsouthmafia View Post
    LOL. Respect rescinded.
    meh for 48 and real men don't fuckin lol
    bump
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Real men don't say "meh."

Not nice. You still ski Hunter? I will take you to the mat, boy.
    Real men don't say "meh."
    Meh
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post
    Thank god I'm not the only one.... I track the weather before, day-of, clothes worn, vert, companions, zones ridden, food/h2o/hydro consumed, gear carried, and # of pow-dragons slayed. Also goggle selection, glove choice, and sock thickness are all noted.
    How about pisses and shits? (I once worked as a junior counselor at a summer camp where the camp nurse actually posted a chart in each cabin where the counselor was to record each camper's shits and pisses. Amazingly, according to the record, every camper managed to survive the summer without ever once shitting or pissing. Amazing how long you can hold it I guess.)

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    meh for 48 and real men don't fuckin lol
    bump
    Am I the only one who has no clue what SFB means in any of his posts, or do none of us understand but are afraid to admit it?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Am I the only one who has no clue what SFB means in any of his posts, or do none of us understand but are afraid to admit it?
    Consider it not just a Kerouacean stream of consciousness, but more of a flurry of cold dreams a la Jorge Luis Borges.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Meh
    Emoji lol

at first yes I didnt understand and i did admit it BUT its like if you were suddenly immersed in a foreign language in some far away place your would eventually figure out what everyone is saying to you SO if you keep reading SFB it will eventualy make sense

OR at least you think you know what he is sayin
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    OR at least you think you know what he is sayin
    Do we ever really get any further than that independent of detail, diction or definitions?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

it's dylan-esque poetry

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Consider it not just a Kerouacean stream of consciousness, but more of a flurry of cold dreams a la Jorge Luis Borges.
    this, too

i used to count because i was trying to make up for lost time and measure progress and get competent before i got old so i can ride until i can't. at some point after reading about people regularly riding 100 days a year and also realizing that counting was creating anxiety and diminishing each day just a little i just stopped paying attention after my boy was born. i will die at some point having ridden x number of days. the number won't reflect my love or the benefit so other than trying to get myself and the kid up as often as possible to help with his progression, it doesn't matter anymore. if i can stay healthy i think i will be able to ride just fine into old age, maybe with the grandkids if snow still exists and we havent nuked ourselves.

No, I do not count the "days" I've gone skiing. I feel it diminishes the point of skiing and getting out. I go when I feel like it. It's far more enjoyable that way. I've seen some folks get tired and bored of skiing because they get caught up in posting pictures, comments, posts and counting days, ending up competing with others instead of just skiing for the fun of it. I also could care less about how many "days" someone has gone skiing.

Counting days is for losers. I'd bet everyone that does that sort of thing has less days than the 9 I've gotten so far this season.

I count for myself. Sure, if someone asks me I will tell them, but its more just for me to keep track and keep motivated to get out there. Skiing is the only activity I track, but I have thought of tallying mtb rides too to get more motivation.

Do you &quot;count your days?&quot;

Counting days appealed to me only my first ski bum yr or two
    Now it seems less cut and dry.
    I often skin up the ski hill across from my office (snow king) and then ski down. It takes maybe 45 min or an hour. Then I go back to my desk for like 5 more hours. Does that count as a ski day?
    skid luxury

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    Does that count as a ski day?
    A ski day? YES A day of skiing? probably not.

When I turned 50 I set a goal to ski as many days as I was old. Things have worked out well, I am still counting days. Den

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Do we ever really get any further than that independent of detail, diction or definitions?
    who knows what people mean?

In my career communicating effectively with mostly women, I learned to restate the question and hope for the best

Old goat would have come from a pretty intense profession

I would bet the only intense thing SFB experiances is the acid flashbacks

Always in the voice of The Count. I count my ski days. I count how many of my beers you drank while I was at work. One, two, three Name:  TheCount.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  8.4 KB

If you are talking to someone who counts their ski days ... just add 3 to whatever they say

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Counting days is for losers. I'd bet everyone that does that sort of thing has less days than the 9 I've gotten so far this season.
    FTW