Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I used to work with this guy in Jackson that prided himself for skiing everyday the hill was open. One night he was sick as hell with the flu and had to go home sick. He got up the next day, again, sick as shit to drive to the village on a regular non-epic day, get his pass scanned, take a single gondi lap and drive home. I thought it was a rather stupid thing to do but admired his stick-to-it-ness.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

so how many days have you skied this season chump?

edit

sorry

how many days have you snowboarded?

chump
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I wouldn't know, I don't keep the wickets on my jacket. And I hate Excel.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Last edited by ~mikey b; 03-17-2013 at 03:30 AM.

This affliction is referred to as the Greckin. Rarely take more than 2 runs. Often getting scanned and NOT taking even one run.

Last season when the Greckin found out junior Hottie(9 yrs old) had more scanned days then her, Greckin's response was, "most of my days were in Oregon".

DON'T BE A GRECKIN!

I am just in it for the Epic Pins.

No. I just assume that I will ski 100+. However, during a shitty year, like this year [and last], I didn't come close.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Most of my days are so good, I count them as twice.

I don't count days on the hill. I DO count days between ski days, though. Once it breaks 4 I start to twitch and my wife kicks me out of the house until I get my shit together. If I don't ski at least twice a week, I'm fairly stressed.

When I was younger I once had a calendar I turned into a journal. Took notes about each day's lines, snow conditions, etc. That thing was awesome to look back on for memories. Sadly, I can't seem to manage keeping a journal any more. But I will encourage my kids to do so.

We just took our first family over-nighter at the lodge this last weekend. One kid is 3, the other is 1. I'm definitely counting that one! Over-nighters are different from other ski days. More loyal or something...

I always have one more day than the guy spraying about how many days he has.
    Last edited by BrianH; 03-18-2013 at 04:09 PM.

I do a poor job at it... Days are dwindling now that I have a baby.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    The real question is not if you count your days, but if you put the number of days in your signature along with the number of powder days. It's what gnarcore totally rad fuckers do. Or so I see on teh intarwebz.
    prob the kooooooooooooooolest thing ever to do on the internetz

luv/loath these threads every season,
    I quit counting 20 some years ago(but always have a rough idea), after several years of 100+ days when I lived at alpental(escaped the rain in 96), it"s been downhill since.
    This year promises to be the 2nd lowest in 29yrs of bumming @ 30 or so.
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Friend of mine - an avid skier at 50+ who's skied all his life - has a log of every day he's ever skied in his life. He never talks about it or discusses his annual count. Just for himself and eternity. Other than that he's quite a normal dude.

32 days this season lets go.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Friend of mine - an avid skier at 50+ who's skied all his life - has a log of every day he's ever skied in his life. He never talks about it or discusses his annual count. Just for himself and eternity. Other than that he's quite a normal dude.
    Yeah, I have a friend like that, too. He's 76, started skiing when he was 11, and has logged every day he's ever skied, what runs, the conditions, any noteworthy events (like injury or getting laid by some bunny he met on the slope), but never talks about it. He told me about it in passing one day several years ago and it struck me as odd, at least for him. He just never seemed the type to journal everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    The real question is not if you count your days, but if you put the number of days in your signature along with the number of powder days. It's what gnarcore totally rad fuckers do. Or so I see on teh intarwebz.
    Seriously. What's the deal with that?

Why not log how many times you get laid in there also?

Can't count that high.

I counted this season but only because I was sober and training
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

so how many times have you gotten laid?

sober and training is good for getting laid

I track my days with the Fibonacci sequence actually. Spiraling is appropriate for these things.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    so how many times have you gotten laid?

sober and training is good for getting laid
    actualy the GF has been complaining I was too intense so I would have to say not as much but I dove off the wagon big time on sunday apres event so...more hopefully ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    yes, but its kinda dumb. It does get me outside more, I can't remember how many times I've been waffling on climbing something and I think "well I can add another day if I go"
    Same here. I set a goal at the beginning of each season and count my days throughout the year. I find it adds an extra little bit of motivation to get out the door when the conditions are not necessarily the best.

As for what constitutes a 'day'. I f I am on my skis for more than 2 hours, I consider it a day of skiing. This might not be the most rigorous standard, but I work full time and have a toddler so I do what I can.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    yes, but its kinda dumb. It does get me outside more, I can't remember how many times I've been waffling on climbing something and I think "well I can add another day if I go"
    do you count days in the backseat as well?

105 days for me, 45 days for my 4 year old. and to answer the OP question...I have an app on my phone that has days, scans, etc..
    Last edited by Lloyd Braun; 03-28-2013 at 09:25 PM.