Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Yeah obviously Tecnica and other manufacturers need to wake the fuck up. But in the meantime if Lars and co. are modding entire boots for their CAST system... why can't they mod some replaceable soles?

I did not get a shipping notice yesterday

^^This
    How about an update letting us know how progress is coming? The last update on the kickstarter page is from September. I don't really care that the ship date has kept getting pushed back but a total lack of communication is pretty shitty.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Yeah, it's been a whole 8 hours since 2014 started and I haven't gotten an email yet. Lol...

Dear Lars,

I don't want an explanation or a timeline, just want to wish ya a happy and safe 2014. Ship 'em whenever they're done and if mine finish first, send 'em to one of these guys^ because they need them way worse than I do.

-DW
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    ^^This
    How about an update letting us know how progress is coming? The last update on the kickstarter page is from September. I don't really care that the ship date has kept getting pushed back but a total lack of communication is pretty shitty.
    Exactly. I don't care so much when they ship, either - they're done when they're done, but the COMPLETE lack of communication is pretty fucked up.

Meh. He's prob busy as fack. Got some snow and went for some left and rights then a couple NYE pops. Sometimes ya just gotta refocus. Can't blame them to much if that's the case. Shits gonna b fun soon

Last I heard from CAST, they'd be shipping in September, the only reason I know date has been pushed back is from this thread. What about the people who aren't on TGR, how do they know what's going on?
    If it means getting the bindings a day later because someone needs to sit down and write a mass email about what's actually going on, that would be fine with me.
    But we're not allowed complaining about it because they're 'new to this' and 'really swamped right now' which absolves them of all responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by powder fiend View Post
    Last I heard from CAST, they'd be shipping in September, the only reason I know date has been pushed back is from this thread. What about the people who aren't on TGR, how do they know what's going on?
    If it means getting the bindings a day later because someone needs to sit down and write a mass email about what's actually going on, that would be fine with me.
    But we're not allowed complaining about it because they're 'new to this' and 'really swamped right now' which absolves them of all responsibility
    Couldn't agree more. Especially if they're expecting to be taken seriously as a company, which it seemed like from their kickstarter video.

Who knew that the fritschi zeniths would be in people's hands before the CAST systems.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Meh. He's prob busy as fack. Got some snow and went for some left and rights then a couple NYE pops. Sometimes ya just gotta refocus. Can't blame them to much if that's the case. Shits gonna b fun soon
    Ohhhh that's a good one. I'll use that for my clients next time I miss a deadline and don't let them know why.

Quote Originally Posted by powder fiend View Post

Just out of curiosity, how would you feel about them telling you "We have no fucking idea"? Would you feel better or worse? Chances are they don't really know because hell, I do this shit for a living and half the time I have no idea when exactly shit will be ready- there's just a fuckload of variables I simply don't control no matter how hard I try to account for them. Seeing as how they're pro skiers and not supply chain management and process analysis experts I would give it a 50% chance that they even know when everything will be ready at best. If they told everyone "we don't know" it's my belief that everyone would flip a fucking nut and the sky would fall, orders would be cancelled and panties would get twisted and I dare someone to tell me otherwise

This is pretty much why I've resigned to just chill and wait for them to show up. Honestly, knowing won't do anything anyways. It's not that you can't ask, it's more of a question of "So fucking what?" to me personally. Maybe you have some big trip coming up that you need them for- I don't so it really doesn't matter to me when they show up, also I mentally prepared for this to not come even close to on schedule so there's that too. Sure, I'd like to know but knowing for the sake of knowing doesn't pass muster as an actual reason in my head so I refrain from even bothering. I do completely understand the want for communication but to what end does it actually matter is I guess the question I am wanting people to ask themselves first. I know we're all fucking totally special here though, and we're all used to getting our dicks sucked in real time across infinite bandwidth by online retailers ensuring instant and total satisfaction so this may be a tough thing to accept for most.

Just sayin'. My money is out there too man, I've just made up my mind that I don't give a fuck since giving a fuck isn't going to get you anywhere but out a fuck. Know what I mean?
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

DW, its obvious they have no idea when things will be ready to ship but an update letting people know whats done, what still needs to be completed, what they are having problems with would eliminate just about all complaints. The same update any other company would send a customer/client they are doing a project for. This would take all of five minutes every couple weeks. Is that really too much to ask for in this situation?
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

Well your points have merit for sure, but thankfully as discussed above I simply cannot muster a fuck to give and thus are free from the constraints of such implications.

I agree that an update is all I currently need to be happy. I don't think that's much to ask considering we are the investors...

Quote Originally Posted by bsavery View Post
    Ohhhh that's a good one. I'll use that for my clients next time I miss a deadline and don't let them know why.
    anyone that has "clients" should go to the end of the list . ya I recently put my order in and I'm curious and anxious as well. just tryin to chill

ever ordered a surfboard from a shaper before? They always say "3 weeks"... ever got your board in 3 weeks?

I have a big trip - I land in Jackson Hole from Australia on Friday. It costs well over $15k to bring a family over and I really wanted to have the full ski set-up done. I don't really care that they didn't ship yesterday, but I do want to know if I will have them for some part of my 12 days there. I have all my gear packed, but if I don't get this, then there is no touring for me, and I really wanted to spend some part of my trip hiring a guide and getting out.

Some communication would be great, so at least I will know.

^Considering the large sum of money already invested, just get a pair of Barons or F12's mounted and do your touring. Sell the Barons when your CAST stuff arrives.

+1 to above

I would be buying some touring binders for you trip

New skis and new STH2 bindings - I am not about to drill additional holes. Maybe I should have brought over my old trekkers. I think I will just be limited to hiking (not the end of the world).

I'm sure you could also rent some nice touring sticks there..
    Jackson Rental Shops
    JH Sports
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Once again, sorry folks. Ive been wrapped up in other things and havent been able to post an update here.
    I went over to the shop the other day. Lars has a bench full of boots that are pretty much done and will be shipping soon.

The binding systems should be shipping in 2 weeks. Ill bug Lars to do a proper kickstarter update.

One of the major delays was from one of the machine shops. They decided to cancel the CAST order when a much larger government contract came in. I dont blame the shop, but it sucks that the little guy (CAST) got shit on. So sourcing a new shop for a production run and coating was a headache.
    I havent had time to read through all the recent posts, and will do so shortly. PM me with immediate concerns and Ill try to address them.
    Live

Is the full production run already sold out? Ie if i order now, I won't get it in 2 weeks, rather whenever the next batch is done.
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by Devo21 View Post
    New skis and new STH2 bindings - I am not about to drill additional holes. Maybe I should have brought over my old trekkers. I think I will just be limited to hiking (not the end of the world).
    I have some trekkers you can use if you really want to. If you want to rent something to tour on while you are here I'd recommend Teton Mountaineering.

Also I'd be happy to show you around the resort/backcountry while you are here. Send me a PM if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Devo21 View Post
    Not to be a downer but I don't think the CAST plates work with the STH2 hole pattern anyway.
    First 360 mute grab --> Andrew Sheppard --> Snowdrifters 1996

correct - they do not