Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I really hope that it is!

I think it seems like a great system. I would love to see them come out with STH options in the future too.

Bumping this guy back up. We need a lot more support to see the dream become reality.

Keep the love coming
    Live

Quote Originally Posted by skiingsamurai View Post
    Bumping this guy back up. We need a lot more support to see the dream become reality.
    Keep the love coming
    post this to your Facebooks and other online spots... even if you're not pitching in yourself. Lets get the word out beyond TGR.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    post this to your Facebooks and other online spots... even if you're not pitching in yourself. Lets get the word out beyond TGR.
    way ahead of you

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ystem?ref=live
    link for the sake of ease!
    Live

Good luck with your endeavor.
    watch out for snakes

keep the stoke high. I would like to see this become a reality as it looks like a neat idea.

only at 15k!!

This awesome spam deserves to be on the front page imo.

Quote Originally Posted by alTAos View Post
    This awesome spam deserves to be on the front page imo.
    Indeed it does.

$17K
    Still lots of work to do. Keep the love coming folks.
    Live

Someone with some street cred over at NS and Epic should repost over there

What's the likelihood of this taking off without the kickstart? zero?

Still hoping for more backers for the boys

I'll be throwing down on a boot tech fitting, and plates. Stoked. This looks amazing.

The idea of a removable heel vs. inserts is an obvious win. But, am I wrong to think that the heel lug, whether it be vibram style or plug, will still fit into a Duke/Guardian? And is the Duke/Guardian heel standard different from a FKS/other straight alpine clamps? If not, retrofitting a sliding AFD a la Duke would be the ticket. It would be the most expensive piece to engineer, but at lease that way you could use a full touring-only din standard boot in a FKS.

Went with the 2 ski option including tech inserts. My only hesitation is converting from an all Sally/Plum insert setup to P18 configuration and then dealing with swopping out different brake sizes to avoid buying a bunch of new bindings. I'm hoping this crew develops a Sally template as an alternative to the Look/Rossi/Tyrolia template for those us already invested in Sally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Blaster View Post
    What's the likelihood of this taking off without the kickstart? zero?

Still hoping for more backers for the boys
    Tough to say. Im not sure what the boys' plan is should it not make it.
    We still have high hopes the kickstarter will hot 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    I'll be throwing down on a boot tech fitting, and plates. Stoked. This looks amazing.

The idea of a removable heel vs. inserts is an obvious win. But, am I wrong to think that the heel lug, whether it be vibram style or plug, will still fit into a Duke/Guardian? And is the Duke/Guardian heel standard different from a FKS/other straight alpine clamps? If not, retrofitting a sliding AFD a la Duke would be the ticket. It would be the most expensive piece to engineer, but at lease that way you could use a full touring-only din standard boot in a FKS.
    Shoot me a PM, Im not entirely sure what you're asking here. The point of this system is to make dukes a thing of the past.
    I dont think anyone LOVES their dukes, they merely tolerate them as a necessary evil

Quote Originally Posted by Lakelander View Post
    Went with the 2 ski option including tech inserts. My only hesitation is converting from an all Sally/Plum insert setup to P18 configuration and then dealing with swopping out different brake sizes to avoid buying a bunch of new bindings. I'm hoping this crew develops a Sally template as an alternative to the Look/Rossi/Tyrolia template for those us already invested in Sally.
    Hi-freaking-five. Your faith in CAST plans for the future will not go unrewarded.

Link to review of the system is HERE:
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...Touring-System
    Live

BIG NEWS:
    MARKER AND SOLOMON PLATFORM UPDATE

Due to the amount of interest around the possibility of a broader range of compatible binding platforms we are making the systems for the Marker Jester and Salomon STH platforms available through Kickstarter. These two platforms are next on our list for release and the designs are nearly complete. For now we are going to stick with our initial production plans making the Marker and Salomon platforms available for the fall of 2014. This will be the delivery date for these two platforms for backers who decide to choose this option.

Due to the high cost of initial tooling associated with each individual binding platform we are first focusing our resources on the successful release of the Rossignol FKS and Head Mojo platforms. However, it is our goal to make other systems available as soon as possible. If we see enough interest in these new platforms we will look at moving production up to make these platforms available as soon as we are capable. As with the Rossignol and Head platforms, we will fulfill all Kickstarter incentives before general market purchases.

Check out our Kickstarter page or website shortly for more information and what bindings are compatible!

Thank you and Ski Hard,

-CAST
    Live

Quote Originally Posted by skiingsamurai View Post
    BIG NEWS:
    MARKER AND SOLOMON PLATFORM UPDATE

Due to the amount of interest around the possibility of a broader range of compatible binding platforms we are making the systems for the Marker Jester and Salomon STH platforms available through Kickstarter. These two platforms are next on our list for release and the designs are nearly complete. For now we are going to stick with our initial production plans making the Marker and Salomon platforms available for the fall of 2014. This will be the delivery date for these two platforms for backers who decide to choose this option.

Due to the high cost of initial tooling associated with each individual binding platform we are first focusing our resources on the successful release of the Rossignol FKS and Head Mojo platforms. However, it is our goal to make other systems available as soon as possible. If we see enough interest in these new platforms we will look at moving production up to make these platforms available as soon as we are capable. As with the Rossignol and Head platforms, we will fulfill all Kickstarter incentives before general market purchases.

Check out our Kickstarter page or website shortly for more information and what bindings are compatible!

Thank you and Ski Hard,

-CAST
    Oh hell yes.

now yer talkin'!

the ease of switching brake sizes on a soloman binder, combined with the arrival (fingers crossed) of a heel slider plate, will make the notion of one alpine and one touring binder per quiver a reality.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

If they're planning on releasing a heel slider plate option sometime in the fall (fingers crossed), they should also put that up on the kickstarter. If the heel slider allowed you to switch between full tech and full alpine, or even if just allowed you to remove the heel for use on other skis, you'd capture a much bigger market. I'm still on the fence, but if that option was available, even if it was for a later delivery date, I'd already have put down my money.

Bern:
    that one is a little further out than the additional plates. Its tough to tell the future of that particular part.
    Live

^^^ what's the possibility of making the Salomon system compatible with Dynafit Vertical/Plum toes?

there's a bunch of people out there with Verticals already; i think that this would dramatically widen the potential customer base.

super stoked, this looks like the way.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by bern43 View Post
    If they're planning on releasing a heel slider plate option sometime in the fall (fingers crossed), they should also put that up on the kickstarter. If the heel slider allowed you to switch between full tech and full alpine, or even if just allowed you to remove the heel for use on other skis, you'd capture a much bigger market. I'm still on the fence, but if that option was available, even if it was for a later delivery date, I'd already have put down my money.
    I'll second this. Plums work just fine for me for touring. This tourist doesn't need an alpine binding to descend in the bc. But the capability to quickly swap touring/alpine setups between skis is very appealing. 1 alpine toe & heel. 1 tech toe & heel. Slider plates on multiple skis. 5 second swap. Hell yes. I'd throw down.

I seriously........genuinely do not understand the griping about removable heel pieces. The whole point of the system is to have something that's not a shitty AT binding to ski down on. I've been skiing dynafits for 3 years now and I love them........for an AT binding. But fuck me if people are genuinely asking for an AT heel for any reason on a system that gives you a REAL binding to ski down on. Weight on the hike up? Seriously? That's an extra piece with the AT heel you don't even friggin need! But you want to carry it with you anyway?

Stoked to see the solly option! Whoohoo!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Agree with above. What the hell difference does it mean to take the heel off? It keeps the heavy heel on the ski and not on your boot. Where are you going to put it? How big is your backpack to now hold 2 toes and 2 heels? If you want an AT heel them just ski an AT full-time.

I think it would be a waste of their resources to fulfill a very very small subsection of folks who would want this.

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    there's a bunch of people out there with Verticals already; i think that this would dramatically widen the potential customer base.
    Yup. I would have already thrown down if I didn't have to justify buying new Radical tech toes.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I seriously........genuinely do not understand the griping about removable heel pieces. The whole point of the system is to have something that's not a shitty AT binding to ski down on. I've been skiing dynafits for 3 years now and I love them........for an AT binding. But fuck me if people are genuinely asking for an AT heel for any reason on a system that gives you a REAL binding to ski down on. Weight on the hike up? Seriously? That's an extra piece with the AT heel you don't even friggin need! But you want to carry it with you anyway?

Stoked to see the solly option! Whoohoo!
    It is so you can easily hot swap bindings between skis, not to use an AT heel ever. So you only need one set of alpine bindings, and one tech toe, ever, for your whole quiver. Inserts and plates are still quite a hassle. I like to travel with at least 2 pairs of skis and this would make it amazing for weight and packing.