Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skiingsamurai View Post
    Mind explaining your reasons for not modifying your boot?
    I prefer not to be higher up off the ski than needed. I always plane the bootboard about 8-10mm lower in the heel and just like the flat- minimal delta, and low feel. I know Lars is fine with the lift but he is a short little fella. i am a huge 75 inches and we ski the same size skis.
    bumps are for poor people

My understanding is that they remove plastic and then replace it with a plastic pad, not changing any dims on the boot. Is that not the case? What are you going to use instead of modded boots?

What veggie said.
    The boot sole height is not changed from stock. The bindings are, however, raised the 7mm to accommodate the system.
    Live

This may have been answered, but what is the lightest heel piece of the available bindings? Jester? Also, so the Jester is now available in 2013, contrary to the kickstarter page?

Check out the 'Updates' tab. It has the info re: the Jester binding you're looking for. I don't know why they didn't update the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    This may have been answered, but what is the lightest heel piece of the available bindings? Jester? Also, so the Jester is now available in 2013, contrary to the kickstarter page?
    Technically..... Its probably the marker squire. But if for something usable? Either the jester or marker griffon (I don't need over 13 DIN personally)

What veggie said.
    The boot sole height is not changed from stock. The bindings are, however, raised the 7mm to accommodate the system.
    okay that is interesting. on the boots I saw there was significant lift. I am fine with a raise to the binding to allow for the system. Stoked for these!
    bumps are for poor people

They way they describe it sounds like the boot's sole is shaved down only slightly to get it dead flat, a 3-4mm lift is added, then the top part of the toe and heel is machined down to bring it back to DIN (the same process used currently for adding Vibram soles to plug boots). That's what the router in this video is for, even though they don't show it being used. So there's a sight lift but it's still DIN. I can't see this being a deal-breaker for those who are into the whole concept.

Or just use a semi-rockered tech sole with the Salomon or Marker system; no need for any boot modifications.

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Lars told me the international quotes (I think Canadian, too), aren´t accurate, just an overestimated figure. He told me to just pledge what I wanted to pledge, then work out the shipping details later. Works for me.
    So I´m living in Europe
    If I decide for the 450$ reward (SI&I with tech toe), I have to pledge at least 580 in order to chose the right award in the kickstarter page, right? So even if Lars can work out the shipping details later, I still have to pay that amount in order to get my reward the right way, and the Cast guys get whatever $$ that differ from actual shipping costs and my 580?

I´d rather see the option where I can only pledge for 450 and pay for shipping later. Anyone with info or shouldd I just E-mail the Cast-guys instead.

Shonten, talking to Lars, I just pledged the amount for my reward, so we could work out the shipping later. I did not choose international shipping for that reason.

for the euro guys : how are you going to get your boots modified ? send them over to the US and back ?

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Shonten, talking to Lars, I just pledged the amount for my reward, so we could work out the shipping later. I did not choose international shipping for that reason.
    Thanks Arild. I´ll just send them an E-mail to make sure, sound like a good solution though.

@Slashy- My plan is just sanding down my Cochises tech toe block, making it fit my p14 front binding

I have a question for the turntable guys. I bought the system and think I'm going to go with the Look or Rossi option. I used look years ago and really liked them but have been on Dukes since that came out.

In any event, I know how to set most bindings up but can someone explain how the turntable heal adjusts? I know it doesn't have much play. I assume the toe is the same as other bindings.

Thanks!

There are screws on the posts that connect to the heel. Those posts have ~10 mm of adjustment total, so +/- ~5 mm. For what it is worth, I have some FKS's I mounted at the center of the post for a 315 mm bsl, then adjusted to a 310 bsl and still have a tiny bit of room to go smaller. Adjustment is pretty simple, just have one screw on each side to turn instead of one in the back. Figuring out how to get forward pressure set up right is the real trick. Plenty of threads here bout that though

Thanks!!

four hours to go!

norsk

We made it! Many thanks to all those who support this.
    We've got our work cut out for us now.
    You guys all rock!
    Live

We do, yes. Any idea when folks will need to specify their binding platform of choice? I'm aware this question may be jumping the gun a little bit, but I'm asking it anyhow.

Also thanks heaps to both you and Gone Skiing for acting as liaisons between CAST and everyone on here asking questions. I know a lot of your info helped me pull the trigger and I'd imagine the same goes for some others as well.

^^^ yup! Thanks guys.

Sounds like they'll send an email for all the necessary information when it's needed. One of the emails indicated that.

Id like to keep this thread going.
    Just because the kickstarter has ended doesnt mean Lars and Matt wont be taking orders for more systems.
    Live

Id like to keep this thread going.
    Just because the kickstarter has ended doesnt mean Lars and Matt wont be taking orders for more systems.

I am hoping to Christ that they add Plum patterns for the toe pieces.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

^^^ that would be money.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by TracerBullet View Post
    Also thanks heaps to both you and Gone Skiing for acting as liaisons between CAST and everyone on here asking questions. I know a lot of your info helped me pull the trigger and I'd imagine the same goes for some others as well.
    I'll second this!

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    I am hoping to Christ that they add Plum patterns for the toe pieces.
    I mean more choices are always good, but personally I'd rather have marker/salomon options than plum. The touring toe option shouldn't make a huge diference between dynafit radical or vertical or plum or whatever because you'd be locked out right? Unless you already have one toe and want to save some money.