Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2013/14

Quote Originally Posted by milton View Post
    ....and here's your poster child.

Gee, I really wanted to hit him with my should pad but he moved at the last second.

Another subjective call that is going to slow down the game and give refs more control over the outcome.

Finally, a Browns highlight where they're not on the receiving end.

Flying-J Jimmy Haslam could run this team from prison!

(Sounds like the alleged crimes were w/o his knowledge at this point though)
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Finally, a Browns highlight where they're not on the receiving end.

Flying-J Jimmy Haslam could run this team from prison!

(Sounds like the alleged crimes were w/o his knowledge at this point though)
    Well if figures this would happen to the Browns. I'm sure he knew about it but doesn't sound like they have enough to prove it, so yeah his hands are clean. NFL came down pretty hard on DeBartolo and that would probably be the worst case scenario.

I just want to say how happy I am about the Vikings 1st round...

Hoping they can move back up into the 2nd or 3rd with all of their remaining picks though.

Yea, you like that move where they gave up 4 picks for one eh?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Yea, you like that move where they gave up 4 picks for one eh?

And still have 5 picks left... Walking away with 8 selections in 7 rounds, with 3/8 in the first round, more than anyone else in years, all while not negatively affecting future draft picks. That's why you amass them in the first place, dude.

So - yea, I do like that move, eh.

^ you're welcome (from the Seahawks)

although If Percy turns out healthy, we're stoked too!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    ^ you're welcome (from the Seahawks)

although If Percy turns out healthy, we're stoked too!
    I will miss Percy - but I hope he works out, out there for you. Seahawks are going to be fun to watch this year. I almost have to be a fan, as you get 99.7% of the players we lose. Sidney, Percy, Winfield... I know there is more.

Wow, Manti Te'o to San Diego?!? seems like a good fit..

and GENO SMITH to the J. E. T. S. jets jets JETS??

Hahaaha.. already predicting playoffs... Gino, that is. I'm predicting SUCK, like usual

aaand of course, in other news, the Pats, drafting more or less brilliantly, as usual. Trading pick #1 for a bunch more picks. Taking a stud DE/LB with pick 2 and addressing the need for a pass rusher. Then taking a big, fast WR with awesome hands pick 3 (round 2)? Adresses need #2. And then, oh yeah, secondary needs some help, pick 4, one of the best cornerbacks in the country. cha fucking ching.

Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    Titans better get Warmack or trade back.
    Got him!
    what do you think about Hunter? I don't know much about him, kid looks good in the highlight reels, but jesus, how many years in a row are we going to draft a WR in the top 3 Rds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

That's Pats WR has one of the more ridiculously good catches I've ever seen. Backhanded, WTF?

Good, solid draft so far for the Broncos. A big DT to rotate in and create some pressure up the middle and hopefully Ball pans out but he's got a lot of miles on him already. Also, I don't know a lot about the CB but he seems to fit the Elway mold of players who produce in college. I'm just glad to have a front office that isn't led by hurricane McDaniels.

Fitzy keeping the tradition alive.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Got him!
    what do you think about Hunter? I don't know much about him, kid looks good in the highlight reels, but jesus, how many years in a row are we going to draft a WR in the top 3 Rds?
    I've been following him since he was a frosh at UT. He was really coming into his own before he tore his ACL vs. UF his soph. year, some were even throwing out AJ Green/Randy Moss comparisons. But he does occasionally make easy catch drops. Started to show his old self towards the end of the season, I was at the SC/UT game where he did really well. So, I can live with the pick. Especially since Britt is a free agent at the end of this year, and I think there's a possibility the titans let him walk because of all the bullshit that seems to follow him around. But you are right, it's getting ridiculous. I never liked picking KWright last year, still don't.

Lots of pressure on Locker to perform, coaches' jobs will rest on how well he does this year. No more excuses with the talent on the offensive side of the ball. As for the defense....basically got to hope Gregg Williams can perform some miracles, because outside of the S's we brought in, we didn't do much in the way of upgrades.

Fantasy football planning bump...

Alright - so I need some advice for my upcoming draft... Long story short: it's a keeper league, max 3 from last year, value at this years auction is 1.2x what was paid last year, based on available options - I have it narrowed down to 3 guys, Frank Gore, Rob Gronkowski, Adrian Peterson.

Peterson is a lock - as I got him for a steal last year and I will be paying way under value this year. (Will pay 50/200 available)
    Gronk - I overpaid last year, but it turned out to be very productive (until the injuries). I would pay 2.2x the value of what he is listed at this year. I would like to keep him - from the points standpoint, but not the $$ standpoint. The injuries also turn me away - especially if he slides recovery back and misses 6 games or something... (Would pay 42/200 remaining???)
    Gore - Solid/steady production - not really ever going to get a monster 3 TD's from him with that SF roster... but solid - high rated back. I'm sure alot of the other backs in my league will be kept - so pickings will get slimmer. I underpaid last year (would pay 31/200 this year??)

Question being - should I keep all three... two... just AP?

Thoughts are appreciated.

I'd let Gronkowski go. I think he will miss significant time. I may be wrong but I think the procedure he had was the same as he had in college and he missed the season.

Can you draft Gronkowski after you drop him on the cheap, as a mid season guy?

Keep Gore and obviously AP.

Isn't the AFC East fun?!

holy fucking shitballs

Sent from one of those fancy cellular telephones
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Well like I said Tim Tebow is a horrible NFL football player.

BTW that Blount looked good so did 91 or 90 on D.
    Last edited by Tuckerman; 08-12-2013 at 11:24 AM.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Wow Timmy Tebows gods are working ot on his birthday.

"Tom Brady limps out of practice"
    http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...bay-buccaneers
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Looks like Keller's career might be over. Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Looks like Keller's career might be over. Ouch!

Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Ouch.

Ouch is right. Hope he has some $$$ saved up. Dude probably thought his life was about to get way better now that his QB's aren't named Sanchez or Tebow!

http://fansided.com/2013/08/18/miami...-nerve-damage/

"In what can only be described as one of the most catastrophic injuries in recent memory, Miami Dolphins tight end Dustin Keller has reportedly torn his ACL, MCL and PCL. In addition, he has also dislocated his right knee."

So Von Miller gets 6 games for violating the substance abuse policy. Talking heads in Denver are making a huge deal of it. I'm not so sure it's that big of a deal. Clearly will miss him vs giants and ravens but the sky is falling attitude is a bit of overkill in my opinion.

Seems like a huge loss to me, 6 games is kind of a lot.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    Seems like a huge loss to me, 6 games is kind of a lot.

It's a shitty thing for sure but there are a couple reasons why I think we'll be alright. One being 4 of our first 6 games are at home. We play Ravens (home), Giants (away), Raiders (home), Eagles (home), Cowboys (away) and Jaguars (home). I'm guessing we come out of that stretch at 5-1 or 4-2. Get Miller back heading into Indy.

2013 kickoff about to begin!
    go hawks
    b