Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How long do you think these two will be alive?

Dimes a-droppin'...

Meth, cocaine found in U-Haul after traffic stop
    Posted 2 days ago

On March 9, 2013 at approximately 2:07 a.m., the Idaho State Police conducted a traffic stop on U.S. 20 at milepost 311 near Idaho Falls on a U-Haul truck that was failing to maintain its lane of travel, according to a press release. The driver was identified as Sergio Javier Varela-Vallecillo (29 YOA) by his Honduras passport and the passenger was identified as Felicia Inez Varela (28 YOA) by her Texas driver's license. During the traffic stop, there were discrepancies with the rental agreement and both occupants denied ownership of most of the property in the U-Haul.

A Bonneville County K-9 was dispatched to the traffic stop. The K-9 alerted on the U-Haul and during the search approximately 52 pounds of Methamphetamine and 27 pounds of Cocaine were located. Varela, and Varela-Vallecillo were both arrested and transported to the Bonneville County Jail. The jail staff alerted the Idaho State Police that Felicia Inez Varela had an additional 5 grams of Methamphetamine concealed on her person. Varela, and Varela-Vallecillo were both charged with Felony trafficking of Methamphetamine, and Cocaine. Felicia Inez Varela was also charged with Felony Introducing Methamphetamine into a correctional facility, and Varela-Vallecillo was charged with failure to purchase a drivers license.

The Idaho State Police was assisted on scene by the Bonneville County Sheriff and Idaho State Police detectives.

The estimated street value of the methamphetamine and cocaine is approximately $1,000,000 to $1,200,000.

damn, 27 pounds of coke.....in Idaho? On their way to Canada?
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Or to Jackson, or Sun Valley, or Boise, or Bozeman, or Missoula, or Seattle, or just Idaho Falls.

I.F. Is like the cosmic intersection of Mormons and Junkies.

man i just heard that on the local npr this morning. this idaho falls is a weird place!

Did you move there after all?
    Have you found Tom's Gyros yet?

Idaho's Balls. So fitting ...

Do you think they'll try to plead the "failure to purchase a drivers license" charge down?
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

I don't know how people do it. I wouldn't even be able to drive.

Thought this thread was going to be about spoiled east coast transplants driving through S.A.

::leaves disappointed::
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Or to Jackson, or Sun Valley, or Boise, or Bozeman, or Missoula, or Seattle, or just Idaho Falls.
    You forgot Rock Springs
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Did you move there after all?
    Have you found Tom's Gyros yet?
    Yah, been here about a week and a half now. I'll hafta go track down Tom's Gyro's and add it to the other 2 decent places to eat in town. Overall though it could be worse, and I'm right by 26 so it's an easy drive to Pine Creek, Victor, Driggs etc. Just wish it would either snow or get warm so bugs would come off.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    Do you think they'll try to plead the "failure to purchase a drivers license" charge down?
    How about that failing to maintain their lane of travel issue? Sheesh.

How the fuck could this actually happen? Two unlicensed and illegal Mexicans in a friggin UHaul carrying that much shit at 2 am? Is this 1973, dude?

I think that probably happens a few times a week through IF, seriously. Kind of a crossroads town.

Yeah, but, really, why not just hold up a sign and say, catch me if you can, federales. Jeez. At least get a minivan and travel in daylight.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    How about that failing to maintain their lane of travel issue? Sheesh.

How the fuck could this actually happen? Two unlicensed and illegal Mexicans in a friggin UHaul carrying that much shit at 2 am? Is this 1973, dude?
    Especially those Honduras Mexicans.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Honduras Mexicans with Texas driving licenses no less....

She wasn't driving, and really, do you think our court system is going to care what country south of the border they came from? The drugs and money came from Mexico, no doubt. They were just passing through. Poor fuckers.

This type of thing is always someone did something wrong while driving. It is never we had them under surveillance or followed them or anything copish. Just dumb behavior. Makes you wonder how much really moves with good drivers that are never caught. Seem to recall a grandparent couple that had a big motorhome and trafficked for years. Load the back of the RV in AZ and roll East to Chicago, repeat. Brilliant.

great, another threat on our highways, bug eyed old timers using the RV to transport dope.

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander#2 View Post
    This type of thing is always someone did something wrong while driving. It is never we had them under surveillance or followed them or anything copish. Just dumb behavior. Makes you wonder how much really moves with good drivers that are never caught.
    enough that buying coke or meth is not a difficulty.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander#2 View Post
    This type of thing is always someone did something wrong while driving. It is never we had them under surveillance or followed them or anything copish. Just dumb behavior. Makes you wonder how much really moves with good drivers that are never caught. Seem to recall a grandparent couple that had a big motorhome and trafficked for years. Load the back of the RV in AZ and roll East to Chicago, repeat. Brilliant.
    And just how many meth labs there must be--this map is staggering:

http://www.justice.gov/dea/resource-..._maps/2004.jpg

I went to the drugstore to buy some OTC Actifed a month ago. I had to show a license, sign a form and they take your picture for a 24 pack of pills. And you can only buy one pack every 3 months.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	800.4 KB 
ID:	134686  

Unemployment is staggering amongst white people and they hire non-nationals for this shit?
    Have the cartels no respect for our economy?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    And just how many meth labs there must be--this map is staggering:

http://www.justice.gov/dea/resource-..._maps/2004.jpg

I went to the drugstore to buy some OTC Actifed a month ago. I had to show a license, sign a form and they take your picture for a 24 pack of pills. And you can only buy one pack every 3 months.

SoDak, Wyoming, Mt all very low numbers, North Dakota huge...working them damn oil fields up there, dogging in those hours. They can't test those guys, hell they can't get enough people as it is. Screwing the farm employment in SoDak all up.

I84 through Boise is getting a little crazy. I was leaving Boise heading east about 6:30 am for work a few days ago. I set my cruise at 76 or 77 (there's always cops through the section just out of town). I see ISP in the median so cruise through. About a mile out I notice him in my rearview behind a pickup that is behind me. I'm passing a school bus in the passing lane, hit the blinker, merge in front of the bus. Cop whips in behind me and pulls me over.

ISP: "Do you know why I pulled you over?" After taking a good minute to flashlight through my windows looking in the back of my car.

"No idea. I was doing around 75 or so...had my cruise on"

"You didn't use your blinker long enough during that lane change"

Me "No kidding"

"Where you headed"

"East"

Cop "What's your destination?"

Me "Does my destination have any bearing on me receiving a ticket or not? How long is my blinker is supposed to be on"

"5 seconds"

Me "How long was my blinker on when you couldn't see it when that pickup was between us? I'm headed to Twin Falls for work. I have some clients there. I do "x" for a living. I'm from Boise. Everything on my license that you have there is current."

Cop "I'm just going to let you off with a warning"

Dude didn't run my record, had no idea how long my blinker was on, they are fishing hard right now with WA and CO legalizing and MT and OR having medicinal. He wasn't a dick and actually seemed like an okay guy but I think we both knew it was a bullshit stop.

My bet is that Uhaul didn't swerve and the cop got lucky. Not that I'm complaining about meth dealers getting busted. The state cops tried road blocks and the Idaho Supreme Court said no dice so they are basically pulling people over at random with BS reasons. Be careful in Idaho right now if you are trafficking.

How much is a pound of blow worth anyways? and a pound of crank? seems like the cops "street value estimate" might be low for the first time in history.