Thread: My dear friends

Unhappy My dear friends

I'm not quite sure why I'm doing this but I think they deserve a tribute somewhere (and I find it cathartic).

My dear, darling friends, Moira and Mike.

We buried Mike on Monday. Moira is back in a UK hospital with memory problems and disorientation due to her brain injury, facial disfigurement, damage to her tendons in her arm, balance problems and a whole heap of grief.

Monty Python's version of the cougar phenomenon:
    "This is a frightened city. Over these houses, over these streets hangs a pall of fear. Fear of a new kind of violence which is terrorizing the city. Yes, gangs of old ladies attacking defenseless, fit young men".

My condolences (again).
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Extremely sorry to hear it. Awful.
    I hope you and all the friends, family, and especially Moira recover eventually.
    [quote][//quote]

Thoughts and prayers.

Thats awful. What happened? I missed the boat on this one.
    I'm sorry. I just lost my mom and, well, a loss of any kind is a tough thing to understand/deal with. Sorry about your freinds.
    Buy nice things here.
    www.motorcityglassworks.com

condolences. Here's to something good (someday) coming from this.

oh. god. My heart goes out to you. What a lovely picture, so full of love and beauty.

I agree...that is a wonderful, beautiful picture...they look so beautiful and happy...I am very sorry to hear such bad news...my heart felt condolences to you and all family and friends involved...i truely am sorry
    oh so i guess i'm the asshole!

Truly sorry for the tragic loss.
    May Mike rest in peace and may the rest of you find comfort in each other.

denis.
    "Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

My condolences Mrs. Roo.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Extending my most sincere condolences, Mrs. Roo. Prayers for Moira are on their way across the pond.

It's been a long time since I've lost a friend, but I remember the feeling all too well.

If it's alright to ask: Do you have any information on a long term prognosis for Moira?
    We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need? ~ Lee Iacocca

Traumatic brain injury is an area I know well as I have worked in that field for some time. What she has going for her is that it is still early days, she in an intelligent person so will have a lot of reserve, and I am going up there tomorrow to make sure she gets all of the rehabilitation services she needs. I'm not hopeful about her face as she has paralysis of the left facial nerve. She may always have some memory problems and it remains to be seen whether this will inhibit her ability to work as a physiotherapist.

Thanks for you support. guys. (A-Wreck, Roo's rambling summit TR sums up what happened)
    "This is a frightened city. Over these houses, over these streets hangs a pall of fear. Fear of a new kind of violence which is terrorizing the city. Yes, gangs of old ladies attacking defenseless, fit young men".

Mrs. Roo, I am very sorry. My thoughts go out to you and the Mr. and my prayers for Moira. The picture says a million words about these two IMO. God bless!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Damn Mrs. Roo...I'm so sorry about your friends. You posted a beautiful tribute to them with their picture. My prayers for Moira's recovery and while I know it is a long road to getting past the devastation for her, friends like you will help her immensly. My heartfelt sorrow for you, Mr. Roo and Mikes family.

lisa

Thoughts and prayers. We're never alone in happiness or sorrow.
    My fiance is visiting a lifetime friend at Sloan Kettering tonight. She's got 3 wonderful kids under 10 and aggressive cancer.
    ...And the greatest ice must crumble when it's flower's time to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by mushmouth
    Thoughts and prayers. We're never alone in happiness or sorrow.
    My fiance is visiting a lifetime friend at Sloan Kettering tonight. She's got 3 wonderful kids under 10 and aggressive cancer.
    Her friends will be so important at a time like this. At times like this I wonder why the really shit stuff happens to the best people when there are plenty of no good losers littering the streets sticking chemicals in their blood stream.

I visited Moira this weekend. She's making small gains each day and I'm now more hopeful that the she will make a good recovery from the brain injury. The grief will take longer and be a higher obstacle in many ways. We hugged hard when I left and she knows she's not on her own. I stayed with Mike's mother who is a truly astounding woman in her love for Moira and her resiliance considering she has lost her only beloved child. A true inspiration to us all. It just shows that even after such tragic and traumatic events, time is already moving on and the wounds are just starting to pull together at the edges.

Beautiful couple.
    What a reminder to show our love every day, as each one is precious.
    Condolences.

Unhappy

Mrs Roo,

Coldolences, thoughts and prayers to Mike, Moira, their friends and family.

Good to hear she's making progress.
    Fingers crossed that time will heal at least some of the wounds & pain.

Keep us posted, Mrs. Roo.
    We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need? ~ Lee Iacocca

So, so sorry. This breaks my heart. The picture is so beautiful. Losing peers is so hard, and you've got the added element of having a friend face enormous grief. Make sure you take care of yourself while you're taking care of others.

sending love and positive vibes.
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

Mrs Roo & Roo,

I'm so sorry to hear about your good friends. I saw this thread a few days back, and it really bothered me, and I kept thinking about it. Pictures speak a thousand words. They were so happy. I hope Moira recovers to her full potential.

sending you only the best wishes and heartfelt condolences

My thoughts and prayers go out to your friend.

Mit is offline Con-Coccyxial Concussed
    Mrs. Roo,

Lia and I have been thinking about you, Roo and your friends every since we came back from JH. Both of us want to send you, and the families involved our condolences and best wishes to everyone affected by this tragic accident.