Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Added data for

Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD 130
    Dalbello Lupo AX 130C
    Dalbello Lupo AX 120

AT Boot Comparative Flex by model (updated)

I’d put the Fischer Carbon Travers around 95, softer than green TLT6P with black tongue, but not much. Indiscernible from TLT7P. Ymmv

Alien RS?

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    I’d put the Fischer Carbon Travers around 95, softer than green TLT6P with black tongue, but not much. Indiscernible from TLT7P. Ymmv
    Thanks. Will add it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Alien RS?
    Give your input. I'll add it to the list

^ Unfortunately I don't have any experience with any of the other boots other than Cochises/ZeroG and 1st gen Maestrale RS, so can't suggest a rating.

Added this

125 - Tecnica ZeroG Tour Pro

I know this is an AT boot thread but can anyone place the Lange ZA in this list? I am thinking of softening mine a bit to bring it more in line with a Tecnica Mach1 120 /130. Love the lateral stiffness of the Lange, forward flex is great on groomers but for freeriding it is killing my back that has to absorb all the hits cause I am skiing to slow to flex it properly.

Is 105 maestrale RS a flex index for the OG or the 2.0? If it’s not the 2.0, where is the 2.0 on this scale?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    I know this is an AT boot thread but can anyone place the Lange ZA in this list? I am thinking of softening mine a bit to bring it more in line with a Tecnica Mach1 120 /130. Love the lateral stiffness of the Lange, forward flex is great on groomers but for freeriding it is killing my back that has to absorb all the hits cause I am skiing to slow to flex it properly.
    I'd say the Lange ZA is a tad bit stiffer than the Tecnica Mach 1 130 LV, depending on how large your cuff circumference is when buckled, etc. but why do you need a number? If it's too stiff, take it down bit by bit until it works for you (there are no flex numbers molded into the Lange shell).

Full disclosure: I haven't had a ZA on my foot in a few years as it is quite a painful experience (and we don't stock them). Not sure if the current crop is as stiff as the older boots, certainly a 130 flex for most brands is not what it once was . . . (exception is the new Salomon S/Max S/Max Carbon series).

Lee I thought you said the Lupo 130C > XTD in stiffness here on the forum somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Lee I thought you said the Lupo 130C > XTD in stiffness here on the forum somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    For sure.

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    It was but I'm running into weirdness at the top end. I'll move the Lupo 130C to 135 stiffness.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Is 105 maestrale RS a flex index for the OG or the 2.0? If it’s not the 2.0, where is the 2.0 on this scale?
    It's for the OG. I haven't tried the 2.0. Someone who has will have to give their impression and I'll add it

I feel like it's been discussed before but how much stiffness would adding intuition tour wraps add to a boot? I'm currently skiing OG Maestrales with stock liners, rated at 105. If I were to put a tour wrap in a Fischer Travers Carbon, rated at 95, would it get close? Losing over a pound per foot sounds pretty good after yesterday's long tour.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I feel like it's been discussed before but how much stiffness would adding intuition tour wraps add to a boot? I'm currently skiing OG Maestrales with stock liners, rated at 105. If I were to put a tour wrap in a Fischer Travers Carbon, rated at 95, would it get close? Losing over a pound per foot sounds pretty good after yesterday's long tour.
    Maybe 5 points? I've been using Tour Wraps in a ZeroG TP

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I'm thinking of the same rig for this spring or next season. Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    This has been my setup all season. Great smooth flex. I would say it's the best performing touring boot I have every skied, including stock Hawx XTD i skied last season though I would assume similar performance with this liner in the hawx. Its an absolute shit show to put them on and off though. I put the liner on first and take it off last.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    This has been my setup all season. Great smooth flex. I would say it's the best performing touring boot I have every skied, including stock Hawx XTD i skied last season though I would assume similar performance with this liner in the hawx. Its an absolute shit show to put them on and off though. I put the liner on first and take it off last.
    Ah. Cool. So it’s not just me.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I'd be curious to hear where the Sally MTN Explore boot fits into the grand scheme of things. Wife is still on a pair but would like to drop her into something similar but much lighter. Also, the "Backland" on the list is the Backland Carbon? Anyone try the new Backland and have any thoughts about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    I'd be curious to hear where the Sally MTN Explore boot fits into the grand scheme of things. Wife is still on a pair but would like to drop her into something similar but much lighter. Also, the "Backland" on the list is the Backland Carbon? Anyone try the new Backland and have any thoughts about it?
    That's the Backland Carbon. The list needs people to put in their data so it's blank on both the boots you mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    That Tour wrap is remarkable. Light. Really warm so good for my wimpyness not being able to handle - 25 deg C days. A transformer too as it holds my heel like a vice when the boot's in ski mode and then is slipper-like when the ZGTP is in walk mode.

My old ZGTP liners finally started packing out a bit after 60 + days - not bad for a non-Intuition liner and were getting cold. Figure i'll use them for spring and warmer weather skiing and use the TourWraps for this mid-winter skiing

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Anyone try the new Backland and have any thoughts about it?
    Seems like an entirely new boot. Had it on in a 26.5 (my size in the OG Backland Carbon) and it crushed my foot in the Atomic tent this week, I think I will have to go up a size. Flex seems comparable to my older Backland Carbon, but I didn't ski it. They are apparently re-working the BOA system, which didn't open quite far enough to get my medium volume instep in without a struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    So, pretty close to the original Maestrale? Anyone have time on both that can compare flex (both quantity and quality)?

I'm not inclined to need anything stiffer, but I don't want to lose much either. The Tecnica ZGTP is interesting to me as Tecnica has always fit me well, but I really don't need 125 flex in a BC boot.

Another data point Lee.

The Tecnica Zero G Tour Scout (had a whole season on them) feel about the same amount of stiffness in relation to the Dynafit Titans I used to ride, but with WAY better progression. Ended up putting some Pulse Lab Proflex's on them that definitely stiffened them up Might be jumping up into a Zero G Tour Pro this season and will be good to compare with.

Also I feel like my Atomic Backland Carbon's ski'd better than my TLT6 Performance's. Might just that the flex of them worked better for a carbon cuffed boot.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

I think its important to know that tip/fib length can alter how some of these boots flex in some conditions. With the relatively upright stance of the Lupos I can struggle to get over and flex the 120 tongue on groomed snow, but I have no problem driving Zero G TPs... I know that someone taller than me wouldn't have that problem in the Lupo. Groomed condition talk with an AT boot....but carpet test gives the same result. Just food for thought when comparing boots.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Any thoughts on the rating for the Hoji Free Tour? IMO I would give it a 130-135 flex. It was the stiffest boot I tried on (just didn't get to try the Lupo 130C). It was as stiff, or stiffer, than the Maestrale XT. The XT felt amazing on the foot, but I feel going away from the Scarpa ankle strap was a huge mistake. I said not to those boots because the volume in the ankle was too much.
    I like huge dumps.