Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    So that's why insurance companies lower your premiums if you regularly get in wrecks. Each wreck sharpens your driving and decision abilities. Makes total sense.
    I get the tongue-in-cheek humor you're making. My point was that my wrecks have already sent me through those moments of Panic or Think. I may have intentionally made those decisions to manage not wrecking Saturday, but I'm lucky that I had the chance and when the chance presented itself, I didn't panic. Feels good to pass the test, finally.

Saturday was scary, I had to get the fuck out of there fast. Also kind of funny because I spent the morning skiing fast drifting turns in the forest in powder. I was already reading lines all day and (this was going downhill, btw) when that line presented itself in front of me-- it was on.

But...

Quote Originally Posted by boarddad View Post
    I was a Mammoth on a powder day a few years back. We took the shuttle to the village thinking we could then take the gondola to Canyon Lodge. Gondi was closed, wouldn't open until after the mountain opened. We haul ass over in time to catch the shuttle as he's leaving for Canyon. Just as we get to the steep part of the road, some dumbass without chains locks it up coming down one of the side roads, maybe 50 feet ahead of a standing-room-only shuttle. The shuttle driver puts it into a skid sliding into the left lane, missing dumbass by inches. Without missing a beat, shuttle driver gives it the gas, swinging the tail of the bus around to straighten out and continue up the road. Damn! In a fucking shuttle bus mind you!

Top that Mario...
    Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Boarddad's shuttle driver wins the ice driving gnar contest.
    GOD DAMNIT!!!

*edit. Added a pic of the first time I rolled my rig down a hill back in '97. It was dark. A narrow dirt road. Next thing I know I'm rolling. Friends were following me. I crawled out of this into flashlights beaming from above. So when I say I can finally drive in the title of this thread, I mean it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGt2.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	665.4 KB 
ID:	134082
    Last edited by gaijin; 03-06-2013 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    So you're telling me you were going 75mph in slippery conditions in a RWD overpowered car and you think you're a good driver because you didn't die?
    No i was just sharing a pucker experience that I had once....I didn't know this was a dick wagging, one-upping party going on in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy433 View Post
    ....I didn't know this was a dick wagging, one-upping party going on in this thread...

Dude, this is TGR. You should know better.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

I had a "fuck yeah" moment on the I-70 frontage road once where I floored it and spun it all the way out to avoid ending up in clear creek.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy433 View Post
    No i was just sharing a pucker experience that I had once....I didn't know this was a dick wagging, one-upping party going on in this thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Exactly.
    LOL Yeah I was drunk posting again and got a little shitty with that last one...Oh well....look here's Redhead Boobs nsfw

Can't embed video that seems appropriate. Just a few seconds long.

I had one coming back from Sugarbowl three Thanksgiving weekends ago. On Hwy 40 (two-lane frontage to I-80 down the West Slope of the Sierra) westbound. Dark and storming hard with a recently-plowed road. Was motoring along with my then-girlfriend (now wife) and skipping the heavy traffic on the freeway.

Come around the turn at the Big Bend/Rainbow underpass and head under the bridge. Fucking tow truck comes down the offramp and runs the stop sign. I'm doing 25-30ish. In a split second I realize that if I brake I'll lock up all four wheels and broadside him, so I punch the accelerator and blow by in front of him.

Unfortunately, there was a bigass plow berm across the road (plow got off the freeway and got directly back on, leaving a berm perpendicular across the road). We slammed into it at 40(?) and got all four wheels off the ground. The car (a lifted XJ) seemed fine at first. And then the rear drive shaft fell off the back of the transfer case four weeks later when I pulled out onto PCH in Newport Beach.

Good times. Fucking asshole towtruck driver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

have you been watching/reading too much InitialD?

good save. good for you.

from days of crazy motorcycle racing around mtns sliding at 100mph.
    I thought I had experiance ...

but I never had the sinking feeling of "I'm about to die"
    until I started driving roadtrains in ozyland.

of all the vehicles from 4x4 trucks to road cycling,
    the highway rigs are the most scary shit you will ever see or do.

I dont tell my family just how ugly it getz ...
    all this shit you talk about I have watched,
    well, without the black ice.
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...