Any Aspen mags with babies? Maybe you could help me out...

So every year we go to Aspen for a week. Good times, yadda yadda. This year we have a 9 month old baby with us. I still need to go to my second home, so I'll be damned if a baby's gonna keep me in this shithole where I live.

AAAannnnyway - I'm packing up all our stuff, and I realize there's really no place to stash some baby toys. So what I'm wondering is if there's some off-chance that someone lives near town and has a box of baby toys that I can borrow/rent.

Weird request, but if you have kids you know how boxes of old toys just seem to find hiding spots in your house. Maybe I could swing by and borrow one of these boxes? Do it for the children!!

We are having a kid, probably this week, but no toys to speak of yet.

When are you coming out? I can probably ask around and see if my friends with children still have that stuff.
    Last edited by Jethro; 03-04-2013 at 09:29 PM.

As the owner of a 9 month old, surely you know how cheap toys are. Buy a bunch when you get there and donate them to a church/non-profit when you're done.

Heading out on Sunday.

At home we use 99% used stuff - buying new things isn't really something we like doing, since it's basically just waste. It's not like baby toys get worn out or anything - they could probably go through 5 kids before that happened. And baby toys really aren't all that cheap. The new stuff that the kid gets for Christmas generally goes to the Salvation Army or toy drives - in fact I just dropped off a large bag full of new toys on Saturday.

As the owner of a 9 month old I know how common it is to have a bunch of unused crap just sitting around that you really just want someone to take away forever.

9 Months old... stop at a package store and grab a few cardboard boxes and you're all set. Potato chip bags work great too, just open both ends to prevent suffocation. Better yet, open the silverware drawer grad some spoons, some tupperware and let kid tear it up.

Easiest solution is the one you probably don't want to hear. Just make a little room for some toys. It just gets worse so you might as well get used to it now.

Fair enough. I guess that's it then - little bugger can play with my stanky ski socks and long underwear. Instead of bringing pants I'll just bring crap for the kid. It's all about sacrifices.

Better yet, open the silverware drawer grad some spoons, some tupperware and let kid tear it up.
    this /\ kids have more fun playing with that kind of stuff than 98% of the crap made for babies...
    Corner store junkies giving advice