Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: NE Riding 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zander View Post
    The guy in scrubs' second pic knows where some really good stuff is in central CT, and dude is down to ride everyday all day, no joking.

Waiting on another tire to finally convert to toobless, which should help if i'm staying rigid...or so I was told.

This. He is one of my go-to guys for info/tours over that direction. Great guy and rider. I need to hook up with him soon for a tour of some of his newer stuff. Shadow is pretty cool as well.

I know Millers just from riding it a ton, but everything else that direction I don't get to often enough to really cement the routes in my head.

If coming in/around the Danbury area (say 30min. radius), or over in Westchester, I can give a pretty decent tour of most of that stuff. Ninham, Trumbull, the Westchester county parks, and lots of good stuff that is legit to ride trail, but has little web presence.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Danbury's been officially added to my list for this season, looks fun!

Tomorrow's the kickoff for the NEMBA Mountain Bike Adventure Series (MBAS). The event is at the Fells and there'll be some demos from Rocky Mountain, Niner and a few others (I think BMC or something?).

Get more info here. ALL of the proceeds go straight back into the Fells for trail maintenance/etc.

I'll be leading a 9AM Intermediate paced ride and a 1PM "Advanced" pace ride (aka, as fast as I can go after riding for the first half of the day).

Highlands was perfect this afternoon. Beautiful temps, fast dirt, and small lines (rode singles, no wait time). Threshold, odb, and bonesaw still closed... Odb looked like it was reworked. I should be there on Sunday. My body is worked, it's funny how trail riding, really doesn't prep you for the physical demand of dh. I was in meetings all day yesterday, and my fingers kept twitching... bring on the hand/arm pump.

Quote Originally Posted by emr View Post
    Highlands was perfect this afternoon. Beautiful temps, fast dirt, and small lines (rode singles, no wait time). Threshold, odb, and bonesaw still closed... Odb looked like it was reworked. I should be there on Sunday. My body is worked, it's funny how trail riding, really doesn't prep you for the physical demand of dh. I was in meetings all day yesterday, and my fingers kept twitching... bring on the hand/arm pump.
    Hell yeah! I hope the top part of ODB is still there and leads into some really fun steep DH shit! I can't wait for that finger twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    Danbury's been officially added to my list for this season, looks fun!
    With proper bribery of my spousal unit, I could likely talk her into us hosting a little riding/grilling/eating/drinking weekend if some of ya'll from up north want a tour.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Scrub, what does your schedule look like next week?

nice long STAB session, today.
    place is perfect right now, still no dust.

crab in my shoe mouth

Anyone up for a Catskills assault on Friday? Better yet, anyone have any beta on something west of Albany, South of the Thruway, northern Catskills?

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    nice long STAB session, today.
    place is perfect right now, still no dust.
    Nice. I'm getting up there next Monday. STAB earns my respect as one of the best trail networks in the northeast.

Franklin Falls.

People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Awesome weather this weekend, but hopefully this week sees some rain; things are getting a bit dusty.

A friend's shoulder is messed up, so he decided to do some photography instead of riding yesterday. Here's a few shots of me and a non-mag friend in Lowell yesterday (I'm in the black/red shirt).

RAD!

Airing out the "Wall of Death"

Dueling skinny time (Malen said my tire was in the air for a second as I made the corner. I didn't make it well anymore after that lol)

Trying to track stand on the split in the Y-skinny:

Nose wheelie to finish out a skinny:

Rode Ramblin view farm again last night, and they built a new trail this past weekend. Once again I rode up a trail I should ride down. Like Salmon run @ Franklin Falls. Black Flys were brutal if you stopped for too long.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Alright you new englanders are getting my jersey stoke for the rest of the year since its technically the east coast.

My buddies mini edit from opening day at mtn creek

Trails were in fantastic condition for opening day. Trail crew spent a ton of time smoothing out the jump lines, reshaping the lips and several jumps to improve flow. Can't wait to get out there on a tacky day - dust was a bit overwhelming. Always willing to show visitors around. I should be up there most weekends.
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

Didn't even see this thread was going for '13 yet. Highland was definatley awesome opening week, got in some great night runs on Happy Hour after a few Heady Toppers, will have to see if the gopro works with the headlamp next time. Psyched to have a pass this year and be up there every other weekend, if anyone's wants to ride hit me up!

A little stoke from the gravity east series last weekend at Duryea. Got some buddies who raced. Definitely a cool looking course:

^^^Sickter.

So whattup EC Mtb roll call. Anyone wanna meet me at LLF on wed around 5:30-6? Anos? Franz? Powbumps? Phishing? Sess? I am gonna ride until sunset because I am fat, and then drink beer from a can because big is beautiful. Its riding real nice in there. Thank you trail gnomes ('nospa among 'em).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1368327129.770304.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	367.6 KB 
ID:	137673

This rain was much needed. This pic is from today, solo ride at Lowell. Rode highlands Friday, the berms were awesome, so tacky and fast. The only thing that sucks are the black flies... killer swarms when getting off the lift.

Any other Rhode Island mags want to ride Big River this week?

too much rain and as mentioned above, the Black Flies are wicked right now!
    rolled a number for the road.
    midway on today's sixty mile suffer sesh.

crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    ^^^Sickter.

So whattup EC Mtb roll call. Anyone wanna meet me at LLF on wed around 5:30-6? Anos? Franz? Powbumps? Phishing? Sess? I am gonna ride until sunset because I am fat, and then drink beer from a can because big is beautiful. Its riding real nice in there. Thank you trail gnomes ('nospa among 'em).
    I could be down for that, I think I need a break from riding the Fells every Wednesday. I also think I need to invent some sort of anti-traffic device so I can get up to the north shore and Lynn after work without being stuck for an hour driving <30 miles.

^^^ If you get off Rt 1. at Walnut St. and park at Pennybrook you can cut at least 20 minutes off of traffic time. I'd much rather spend that time riding up to the north end than spend it driving around so I can park by the power lines or the ball field..

Quote Originally Posted by couloirman View Post
    Any other Rhode Island mags want to ride Big River this week?
    I have wed & Friday evenings open right now; I've been meaning to check big river out; a tour would be much nicer than getting lost... I usually ride lincoln woods.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    ^^^ If you get off Rt 1. at Walnut St. and park at Pennybrook you can cut at least 20 minutes off of traffic time. I'd much rather spend that time riding up to the north end than spend it driving around so I can park by the power lines or the ball field..
    Yeah, that's typically what I do when I ride there after work. Unfortunately, I work in the Framingham office usually, so its a pain either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    Black Flys were brutal if you stopped for too long.
    they are my personal trainer. I'm pretty casual...with everything...but those damn bastards get the full 100% out of me!

Nice stoke Ano!

pulling the trigger on a new 29er this week. pretty psyched!

Anos- lemme know if you're game for tomorrow- I get it about traffic in the opposite direction of home. Especially on hump day. Gonna open my Highland season on Sat. See y'all up there.