Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: NE Riding 2013

^^^I think RaisingArizona would be your huckleberry on that question.

Pine Hill Park is freakin awesome right now, maybe getting dusty but super sweet

Saxson Hill in Essex was fun yesterday, one mud hole but it was firming up quickly. Some of the sandier berms are getting a little bit rough, but the place is pretty buff and smooth overall

Sunny Hollow in colchester was good today, no mud to speak of but they've lost a few trails...still had a decent ride. The weather the past two days was perhaps the best riding weather i've ever ridden in

I'm excited to get over to STAB this week and ride some fun stuff; the above mentioned are pretty good but I'm ready for some gnarly rocks and roots
    The weather this week looks to be just about perfect, to boot

I'm taking the night off after a big weekend, but I'm game most of those nights Biggins.

LDT is riding great, but like everything else, a bit dusty!

I checked out B-Street for the first time on Saturday with a friend and we got shown around most of the area. Really fun trails and the hills added a whole other aspect to everything; can do some serious climbing (ended up doing ~2000' and could do even more from the sounds of it).

Finished the weekend off making some corn turns above the circus of tucks on the snowfields, so my legs need a rest after about 6000 vertical feet this weekend.

anyone been out in Fort Rock? How is it?

1.5 hrs in Lynn yesterday and another 2 this morning and my whole body hurts.

Bugs are starting to come out but nothing too bad, and there's so much rock that dust was basically a non-issue.

I get lost so easily in there (north end), anyone know if there is a more up-to-date map than the Deisel Bikes revision 2 from '09?
    Last edited by JayPowHound; 04-29-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksyrium View Post
    anyone been out in Fort Rock? How is it?
    I've been out there a few times in the past week. Rolling nice!

We rode some NEMBA trails near Great Brooke XC center on Sunday. It was pretty goddamn awesome. Trails were buff, flowy and a blast. The pump track was a nice feature too. I can't wait to get back there.

Highlands tomorrow, making myself invisible at work. I'm riding a yeti 303 rdh turquoise and white if anyone wants to take a lap.

Im heading up to bangor on thursday for a day or two (moving there for grad school), anyone in maine want to show me around abit? Also planning on doing some fly fishing for some brookies

on another note...anyone want to ride lynn sometime next week?

Quote Originally Posted by emr View Post
    Highlands tomorrow, making myself invisible at work. I'm riding a yeti 303 rdh turquoise and white if anyone wants to take a lap.
    I was ironing my shirt getting ready for work this morning and I sat down for about 10 minutes trying to convince myself to skip work and go to Highland. Well, I'm sitting at my desk typing this so I couldn't quite justify it. Enjoy the day. I'll be on my 303R DH at Highland on Saturday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1367450016.501004.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	416.2 KB 
ID:	137275

Bone saw, threshold, odb, cat paw, NE style were all closed. Race run was loose and boney, no maintenance done on the trail and the winter made it slightly more "natural". Hellion was running slow, some muddy spots. They did fix up the trail. Lips were reshaped on some jumps and some brake bumps were filled in. Happy hour was reworked and was smooth... running nice, a hardtail would rock right now on this trail. Old maiden, was old. Eastern Hemlock was running in typical fashion.

Lines weren't awful, but there was a long wait for passes. Depending on what time you showed up, the wait was 30 min to hour plus. Pumped the place is open. Rode 11-4 and I'm worked.

Quote Originally Posted by emr View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1367450016.501004.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	416.2 KB 
ID:	137275

Bone saw, threshold, odb, cat paw, NE style were all closed. Race run was loose and boney, no maintenance done on the trail and the winter made it slightly more "natural". Hellion was running slow, some muddy spots. They did fix up the trail. Lips were reshaped on some jumps and some brake bumps were filled in. Happy hour was reworked and was smooth... running nice, a hardtail would rock right now on this trail. Old maiden, was old. Eastern Hemlock was running in typical fashion.

Lines weren't awful, but there was a long wait for passes. Depending on what time you showed up, the wait was 30 min to hour plus. Pumped the place is open. Rode 11-4 and I'm worked.
    How were lift lines? I'm going Saturday and I'm hoping I'm not waiting in line all day.

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post
    How were lift lines? I'm going Saturday and I'm hoping I'm not waiting in line all day.
    My expectation is long lines this weekend, but I could be wrong. The line never overflowed today and the singles line wasn't open. I'm not sure how I'm playing this weekend. I'm thinking Sunday as the party is Saturday and hope everyone gets shitfaced and skips Sunday. Either way, sun, bikes, and good dirt should make for a fun weekend. I may bring my trail bike and hit the xc trails if it gets crazy.

Drydrydry and super dusty everywhere around me (danbury) lately.

Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Nice CT. pics ^

Quote Originally Posted by VTsession View Post

Opening weekend, sunny and 70`, I would guess it would be like opening day at Stowe.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Opening weekend, sunny and 70`, I would guess it would be like opening day at Stowe.
    Yeah- it'll be packed I bet, but still an awesome take I'm sure. I'm delayed at least a week in getting up there- too much to do around here. Likely be at LLF on Saturday around midday if anyone's around (PhishinME?).

A quick heads up to anyone who is trying to get their girl to accompany them to Highland this season, or any rook who is either intimidated by the lifts or is looking to improve their riding on the hill- my buddy Christine will be instructing at Highland this season- adding a very chill, easy to work with, rippin' female rider to an already sweet instructor core. If that would serve as incentive for any of your friends or sig. others- drop me a line and i'll give her a heads up that she has an interested client.

Oh yeah- Scrub, I love your pics.
    Last edited by biggins; 05-02-2013 at 07:03 AM.

No pics, but the riding has been good here in Saratoga. After my season-ending collarbone break last fall, I think my confidence on the bike is back (though not necessarily my legs or skills). We've got some cool new trail loops developed and the same fantastic weather as everyone else right now to help enjoy them.

For anyone who passes through here this season, I'm happy to play tour guide. Can even lend a bike if you're on a business-related boondoggle and don't have your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    No pics, but the riding has been good here in Saratoga. After my season-ending collarbone break last fall, I think my confidence on the bike is back (though not necessarily my legs or skills). We've got some cool new trail loops developed and the same fantastic weather as everyone else right now to help enjoy them.

For anyone who passes through here this season, I'm happy to play tour guide. Can even lend a bike if you're on a business-related boondoggle and don't have your gear.
    I may take a tour sometime this summer. Was up there a couple years ago and had a kick ass ride at SMBA trails, and a good day at Moreau Lake SP. Pretty sure wifey has some sort of work conference thing late summer up that direction - may have to make a mini-vacation out of it.

I've only been to Moreau once, but I'd like to get back. The fact that it's infrequently traveled by others and has a long ride in/out keeps me from biking there solo. SMBA, on the other hand, is 5 minutes from my house and is my usual riding spot.

Since we're on the topic of giving tours. Scrublover, would you want to give me a tour of your area sometime in the next month or so? (would be on the weekend) Think I'm going to come down to CT and ride millers or hale one day, so it would be pretty sweet to check out one of your spots too while I'm down there. I'm getting real sick and tired of what people refer to as technical up here and need a trip to SNE to refresh my memory of what good technical riding really is.

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    Since we're on the topic of giving tours. Scrublover, would you want to give me a tour of your area sometime in the next month or so? (would be on the weekend) Think I'm going to come down to CT and ride millers or hale one day, so it would be pretty sweet to check out one of your spots too while I'm down there. I'm getting real sick and tired of what people refer to as technical up here and need a trip to SNE to refresh my memory of what good technical riding really is.

No problem. Work schedule is always sort of funky, but give me a couple days notice, and I can try and make sure I'm free to give a tour or two. Lots of stuff pretty close to home, with some very good post-ride food and brew options.

The guy in scrubs' second pic knows where some really good stuff is in central CT, and dude is down to ride everyday all day, no joking.

Waiting on another tire to finally convert to toobless, which should help if i'm staying rigid...or so I was told.

If you are riding either Hale or Millers, let me know (I live a mile from hale, and used to live 3 miles from millers). I know both of them pretty well and would be happy to be a tour guide/riding partner. You should also think about adding Greyville to that list. I don't know it as well, but can probably muddle my way through.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Crowds may deter me from Highland on Saturday. I'll probably wait until Sunday. Now where to ride tomorrow?

Did a few miles here last night, it was fun wish I had more time.

People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com