Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    -1 to -1.5 is perfect for me.

Yes...but I don't want to change them significantly. I just want a touch of a nose lift. If they're touring, I will still hit cliffs (when they're there), probably won't ski switch, but I'm expecting variable conditions (where these absolutely dominate the way they are now) and I also expect/hope for some really blower snow, and I don't want to ski full runs lost in the backseat in good snow...

Anyone else drinking -1.5 cool-aid?

Sigh.
    Hey man I went -2 on 192 and -1 on teh 187. I really like -1 and I really drive the tips. No real float issues, just good quick fun. I would not want to be more forward and -1 to -2 is fine (187 only). However, on the 192 -2 is too much IMO. -1 for sure

It still pivots super quick at -1, but is good balance of stable and float I find
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

My 192 stiff minus carbon GPOs are mounted on the line. No need to be further back in deep blower pow. I could see -1 helping on bumpy runouts though, you really have to weight through the heels not to get bucked. I think it's more a factor of the weight than the mount point though, I would prefer the fiberglass layup for more variable conditions I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Two06 View Post
    My 192 stiff minus carbon GPOs are mounted on the line. No need to be further back in deep blower pow. I could see -1 helping on bumpy runouts though, you really have to weight through the heels not to get bucked. I think it's more a factor of the weight than the mount point though, I would prefer the fiberglass layup for more variable conditions I think.
    How do you like the stiff minus? What skis would you compare it to in terms of stiffness (yes, I've seen the Praxis page for stiffness comparisons but I've never owned/skied any of those skis. Unless the Dynastar Cham is anything like the LP105?).
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Hey guys,

After much research and deliberation, I'm keen to join the GPO club. I have read endless threads and reviews of Atomic automatics, billy goats, wren's, governor's, bibby's etc and have decided to support the handmade movement.

Does anyone have a coupon they'd like to share?

Thanks, Matt

Thanks for all the coupon replies! Sorted now!

Just checking in to say my 187 carbon/hybrid layup GPOs killed it in variable resort conditions on Monday. 8" on top of hard bumps, cut up chop, groomers - everything was awesome. So awesome that I was finally able to put my beloved EHPs up for sale in gearswap.

I'm now trying really really hard not to buy a pair in the UL layup for my primary touring ski. Damn pre-sale.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Just checking in to say my 187 carbon/hybrid layup GPOs killed it in variable resort conditions on Monday. 8" on top of hard bumps, cut up chop, groomers - everything was awesome. So awesome that I was finally able to put my beloved EHPs up for sale in gearswap.

I'm now trying really really hard not to buy a pair in the UL layup for my primary touring ski. Damn pre-sale.
    Cool.
    Where did you end up mounting them?

I hear you on the pre-sale. Tough to resist.
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    Cool.
    Where did you end up mounting them?
    at recommended on the dimple

RobertRS Guest
    A week ago today I skied Alpine Meadows (CA) on a storm day with less than a foot of new snow over a hard firm base. I was able to demo (all 185ish) Atomic Bent Chetler, Nordica Patron, Volkl One, and Blizzard Bodacious. I followed each demo with my 192 GPO mounted on the dimple.

Of those four, I liked the Patron and Bodacious but liked my GPO best, it turns so easily, the front rocker seem perfect for me. Thinking about getting a GPO for the girl friend.

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    How do you like the stiff minus? What skis would you compare it to in terms of stiffness (yes, I've seen the Praxis page for stiffness comparisons but I've never owned/skied any of those skis. Unless the Dynastar Cham is anything like the LP105?).
    I was surprised how soft stiff minus was. I told Keith I wanted what Lars and Drew ski, I figure I don't need it any stiffer than they do. Similar to stock carbon lhasa pow. If you like to go fast I wouldn't get it any softer.

So I've looked over the 31 pages and could not find any postings of the GPO mounted with Tele. Does anyone have any input on the GPO mounted with Tele? I have already ordered some off the Presale so I will find out eventually! Just curious like a cat, that's why they call me whiskers!

^^ I "know" of an Austrian dude rocking tele on 192's... He seemed to dig!!

About to hit the proceed to payment button, anyone want to share your codes? Greatly appreciated.

I've been on the 187 mounted tele this season. Started at -1 and moved it forward to line (bombers) and really can't tell a big difference. I found myself not using the protests earlier in the year as they just do everything well. Standard layup. I want some 192 to mount alpine. I tried to like the concepts mounted tele but I just couldn't get the rear ski to engage predictably.

Thanks everyone

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01189.jpg 
Views:	425 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	153942

Sweet French corn.

Pulled the tigger on a set of these, it was really the only logical choice to be made...can't wait for July.

Well, I went ahead and did it. -0.5 worked out. No room for inserts...so I'll just have to spend more time on the billy goats for those in bounds days.

Name:	IMG_1573.jpg 
Views:	490 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	154040

Name:	IMG_1574.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	154041
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Well, I went ahead and did it. -0.5 worked out. No room for inserts...so I'll just have to spend more time on the billy goats for those in bounds days.

Name:	IMG_1573.jpg 
Views:	490 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	154040

Name:	IMG_1574.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	154041
    Mounted mine in the exact same location with the same bindings - so far the things are fun as hell. 192s? Skied mine at the resort for a day to get the feel of them and they ripped the groomers and crud.

If only I could ski well...
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

192 carbons. Lots of beta on them with alpine clamps. None touring yet...but it's that time of year. I certainly trust these in funky snow as much as anything else in my quiver...
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Been touring and skiing mine inbounds since mid winter with Speed Superlights mounted on the dimple. For me, nothing weird trad skier, the best mount. Tried going back -3cm, then -2cm and liked dimple better...quicker playful ski there. One of my heavier touring skis even with the carbon and still liked them enough that I brought them with me.

I've got a set of 182's on order! I spent hours pouring over reviews and forums. It was down to these or the moments and in the end I couldn't bring myself to owning anything with topsheets with skulls and flames....

Quote Originally Posted by Dane1 View Post
    Been touring and skiing mine inbounds since mid winter with Speed Superlights mounted on the dimple. For me, nothing weird trad skier, the best mount. Tried going back -3cm, then -2cm and liked dimple better...quicker playful ski there. One of my heavier touring skis even with the carbon and still liked them enough that I brought them with me.
    I'm skiing my carbon 182 GPO, 8.8 lbs for resort skiing.
    How would you compare the 182 GPO to your 177 Huascaran as far as how they ski for you?

I'm considering 177 Huascaran, but also considering 182 or even 175 UL core GPO.
    Aggressive in my own mind

Name:	DSC00265.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	154082

I have 177 Huas and 182 carbon GPOs both with Speed super lights on them. One lb difference for the pair iirc. GPO is a LOT more ski..more than the 1 lb difference would indicate..1/2 per foot.(hope that number is right from memory but no more than a # certainly) Actual weight comparisons are on my blog some where.

Been skiing them with TLT6ps no PS and green tongue. I prefer lwt skis for touring and the Dynafit skins but the GPOs rock on the snow conditions in the typical big 2 or 3K m elevation changes here.

I did order a pair of the UL core ;-) Suspect they will come in under the 177 Huascaran or close enough not to notice the extra few grams. And still a LOT more ski under foot I'd bet. GPO shape, rocker and flex for me is pure money for going down hill. Haven't found the type of snow to really matter much.
    Last edited by Dane1; 04-13-2014 at 04:20 AM.