Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1122
    I might (likely) be putting my GPOs up for sale this summer if anyone is interested.

182, Flex 3 Enduro Veneer (ambrosia maple), Screaming Bear/totem graphic.

Fun ski just too stiff for my 134 pounds of weak-ass form skiing. I think the veneer made it more like a 3+ but I don’t live near anyone else with Praxis skis anymore so I can’t compare hand flex. I also like just a bit more camber to get some rebound and softish tip and tail for a playful feeling.

I’m gonna replace it with a softer-flexing more forgiving 180 cm / 116ish waist ski that I intend to use as a soft snow resort ski. Thinking Rossi Super 7 or Armada Tracer 118. I see in reviews the Tracer 108 has pretty soft tips and shovels, so the 118 might be worth a shot. I think a custom 180 +1 BC, Flex 2 might also do it for me, but I’ll have to see where the custom pricing ends up.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    I might (likely) be putting my GPOs up for sale this summer if anyone is interested.

Fun ski just too stiff for my 134 pounds of weak-ass form skiing. I think the veneer made it more like a 3+ but I don’t live near anyone else with Praxis skis anymore so I can’t compare hand flex. I also like just a bit more camber to get some rebound and softish tip and tail for a playful feeling.

I’m gonna replace it with a softer-flexing more forgiving 180 cm / 116ish waist ski that I intend to use as a soft snow resort ski. Thinking Rossi Super 7 or Armada Tracer 118. I see in reviews the Tracer 108 has pretty soft tips and shovels, so the 118 might be worth a shot. I think a custom 180 +1 BC, Flex 2 might also do it for me, but I’ll have to see where the custom pricing ends up.
    I can see that being a fun touring ski for someone with an extra 20-40lbs on them, that wants an option without a ul core or carbon. Ive shut off the taps , but someone like me. I am curios though. Weight, mount(s), price? Also screaming bear veneer is awesome

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Keith needs to get that custom pre-order page up and running while there are still plenty of skiers "working from home."

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Keith needs to get that custom pre-order page up and running while there are still plenty of skiers "working from home."
    If those screaming bears were ULs, I'd be seriously weakening.

It's probably just a website glitch, but I don't see a UL option for GPOs at the moment. I can't get a flex 3/UL/Veneer GPO out of my head.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

If I don't buy heavy core customs during the sale I will want to be first in line for these. Screaming bear is the only topsheet besides the original GPO I would be OK with on the GPO.

Edit: call me vain but topsheets matter on my all time favorite ski.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Giddyup!!!
    This is why they looked like 2.5 years ago (in plastic).

Right now just one mount at -1 cm for 305 BSL Marker Royal pattern. They haven’t hit a scale yet and I’ll be flexible on a mutually fair price. I’ll shoot pics of the topsheet scratches and weigh them without bindings after I get the replacement pair figured out.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Beauties

I keep waiting to start touring on my Yetis but the GPOs are SO MUCH FUN I can't bring myself to switch it up yet this season. Maybe when it's really corn season, but I bet the GPOs will crush that too.

Quote Originally Posted by skis_the_trees View Post
    I keep waiting to start touring on my Yetis but the GPOs are SO MUCH FUN I can't bring myself to switch it up yet this season. Maybe when it's really corn season, but I bet the GPOs will crush that too.
    Indeed they do (crush it all). I'm always late (in the season) in switching away from them.

Corn season also means slush at some point in the day, and they handle that well too.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by skis_the_trees View Post
    Maybe when it's really corn season, but I bet the GPOs will crush that too.
    They will!

I realized my GPOs were a bit too stiff for me when I realized I was having more fun in shallow snow - corn, windbuff, windblown, skier packed - than in deep snow, especially in the heavier stuff like west coast warm high density windslabs.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Wrong place for this, but what's up with "The Ski" from praxis? Never seen it before: https://www.praxisskis.com/skis/the-ski/

Maybe I missed something `shrug`

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Wrong place for this, but what's up with "The Ski" from praxis? Never seen it before: https://www.praxisskis.com/skis/the-ski/

So many skis, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post

I own a pair. What would you like to know?
    short story: it's a super stable, mostly traditional-feeling ski. Floats well, flex in front of boot is really nice. Shares a spot in the quiver with an Enforcer 104 and I think I skied the Ski more this year. I went Heavy core + carbon which is a combo I like a lot.

edit: back to GPO talk, I need moar skis like a hole in my head, but a Heavy core GPO would be at the top of my wish list.

Try the Quixote instead...

Try the Quixote instead...
    If I like the Q half as much as I like all other Tabke creations (Protest/GPO) it would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    If I like the Q half as much as I like all other Tabke creations (Protest/GPO) it would be worth it.
    I'm one for three - loving GPOs and grateful there was a market to sell the other two.

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I'm one for three - loving GPOs and grateful there was a market to sell the other two.

... Thom
    Although I think I understand your approach to "breaking in" skis, I would say that the Protest is like a fine horse and if given the proper amount of time... ;-) Perhaps you did, I just find it very interesting how some people don't find that bond like the rest of us in the cult of protest.

Quote Originally Posted by steveski View Post
    Although I think I understand your approach to "breaking in" skis, I would say that the Protest is like a fine horse and if given the proper amount of time... ;-) Perhaps you did, I just find it very interesting how some people don't find that bond like the rest of us in the cult of protest.
    Yeah, @grinch tells me you need 5 days on them to figure 'em out. I don't get 5 days a year inbounds for days you "need" ProTests so my patience wore thin after day 2, especially when I knew how much fun I was missing by not being on either my GPOs, Qs, or Billy Goats, and damn it, I sold the Billy's to pay for the Protests.

I keep wondering what I may have missed.

The Qs, BTW, were amazing in deep stuff. It was only in inconsistent snow when I'd have an occasional "Tabke moment".

... Thom
    Galibier Design

Up on the website for $499 custom as of this afternoon. Thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair for my wife.

https://www.praxisskis.com/custom-skis/gpo-custom/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only 150 extra for veneer too(it was 2 bills). It doesnt have a core option but i think heavy hitter was no extra price so maybe thats still in play. Major teaser, i cant right now

So I have two new to me pairs of skis I can't get out on until after the apocalypse, and I surf over to the Praxis site ... because ... n + 1.

Thank goodness there's no UL option. I don't want to call and learn it was a website error and UL is available

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 03-29-2020 at 04:20 AM.
    Galibier Design

Same here. I didnt look any farther through the site. Just that link to the gpo. I wish it was but its not the time to be spending right now. Hopefully the custom sale lasts

So tempting!
    I want to replace my MAP+carbon with enduro+carbon+veneer. Would also prefer the all black bases so I’m going to be patient and hope these options will become available later.
    I did notice the veneer option added $250 to the total.

I'm going to guess he's still working the kinks out on the custom order page.

You can put me in the camp that didn't love Protests (or MVP's, for that matter) but I don't think I've ever clicked with a ski the way I have with my skinny Q's. Love at first turn. I do feel like I got a little lucky, as I changed literally everything about the stock ski (my pair is Flex 3, heavy/carbon, -10mm in width and with a cherry veneer) and they're just fucking magnificent.

I'm adding a regular width pair in a lighter construction (Flex 3, enduro/carbon, stock width, veneer) as a deep snow touring ski. Still debating CCR vs. sticking to the normal camber/rocker profile.

I'm going to guess he's still working the kinks out on the custom order page.

You can put me in the camp that didn't love Protests (or MVP's, for that matter) but I don't think I've ever clicked with a ski the way I have with my skinny Q's. Love at first turn. I do feel like I got a little lucky, as I changed literally everything about the stock ski (my pair is Flex 3, heavy/carbon, -10mm in width and with a cherry veneer) and they're just fucking magnificent.

I'm adding a regular width pair in a lighter construction (Flex 3, enduro/carbon, stock width, veneer) as a deep snow touring ski. Still debating CCR vs. sticking to the normal camber/rocker profile.
    For a while I was real interested in a skinny, heavy core Q for a daily resort. Cool to hear you really like yours. Do you ever notice the asymm? I don't over analyze skis (usually just like to get on and ski) so just curious if they can be skied "thoughtlessly" or if they require you to pay attention more than some easy going, symmetrical designs.