Page 40 of 78 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1946
    yup -http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/ShamesMountain/6day/mid

Just for FLs but it looks right side up with some possible clearing end of week

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    I hear you Al, but it's going to stay cold dude. A nuking for the righteous.
    http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts...ntain/6day/mid
    yeah I was trying to make buddy feel better ! but that does look better

shits been weird for 3 yrs now I had never started a tour in the rain until 3 yrs ago

Guidio & I were lamenting PNW warming just last week but I don't think we solved anything
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0375.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	204131

Third so-so season in a row here in Smithers. Thin, sketchy snowpack contributed to plenty of hill time. Not all bad though. HBM skied pretty well throughout the season. Spent a good part of the season poking around the cliff area. Found 2 new zones, including the above which is completely hidden despite the fact that it is directly above town and within shooting distance of the ultra prominent Reality Check ice climb. Funny how ski hills take their time in revealing their secrets.

I didnt realize that^^ was up there

is that the beginning of the gulley we cross on the icefall traverse ?

didnt see you at slush cup AP

According to the mole its the earliest end of season in HBM history

I do miss HBM, it is like 10 mountains wrapped into 1. I have a lot of unfinished business there…

XXX you suppose there market in BV for custom drift boats? Could Smithers use another ski builder/boat builder?

Angle Park, I saw just saw that pic of you in the Wolverine Den and was all excited and they saw that the name stuck! haha I wonder if anyone has ever done that that chute to the lookers right that appears to go all the way through except for that drop in the middle.

I was digging through old pics to upload names of Transformer Ridge and they were all pixalated to shit for some reason..?

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    XXX you suppose there market in BV for custom drift boats? Could Smithers use another ski builder/boat builder?
    hard to say I run some shuttles but i don't really fish, I buy it from a brother in hazelton

edit: on second thots I think anybody wanting a boat uses a blowup raft or wants something with an engine due to ease of river acess cuz its hard to deal with a wood or aluminium drift boat in at some spots, pete at mcbike had a drift boat he rented out which I shuttled once or twice ... he would be the guy to ask

you would probably wana build snowboards as well as skis

and we definaltey need more yoga instructors

edit: seen yer FB picts, shit is getting cut, since you left AngleParking cut an 8-0 run called ... Angleparking , Bryan Edmison cut the Everglades, a group of us cut 2 more runs under Reality Check and a whole new area openned up called 7 sisters between footloose and ptarmigan half was by feller buncher and half by hand.

more trees will die this year
    Last edited by XXX-er; 04-10-2017 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I didnt realize that^^ was up there

is that the beginning of the gulley we cross on the icefall traverse ?
    Nope, this one is right over next to Reality Check. Narrow seam, not visible from town. Skiable but lots of side slipping and a down climb on some ice in the middle of the line. Would be interesting to see what happens to the ice with consistent skiing and consistent sloughing onto the feature. Might back up the snow enough to make the slot more skiable. It provides quick access to those turns right below Reality Check that nobody ever skis.

According to the mole its the earliest end of season in HBM history
    Despite the less than stellar snowpack, the place could easily stay open for another month easy. Schnai day was the first real spring skiing day.

Angle Park, I saw just saw that pic of you in the Wolverine Den and was all excited and they saw that the name stuck! haha I wonder if anyone has ever done that that chute to the lookers right that appears to go all the way through except for that drop in the middle.
    I've wondered about the name. Is that just a cool name or are there wolverines around there?

Little Simpson destruction

Name:	little simpson avy 2.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	204227

I think someone was talking about having seen wolverine up there and we were probably super baked and the name stuck

Name:	simpson avy traverse 3.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	204225

that roll on little simpsons always goes, a couple years ago you could see the tracks at the top where them telkwa ski club types set it off skiing too close to top of roll

Apparently the early closing is all about not bleeding money
    Last edited by XXX-er; 04-11-2017 at 09:54 AM.

that roll on little simpsons always goes, a couple years ago you could see the tracks at the top where them telkwa ski club types set it off skiing too close to top of roll

Apparently the early closing is all about not bleeding money
    Little Simpson is a regular and impressive performer. A couple years back I skinned up from Little Simpson Road. Just as we are breaking out of the trees into the bottom of the bowl we run smack into a 15 foot wall of ice spanning the entire bottom of the drainage. A massive wet slide had stopped, frozen hard and created a sheer wall of snow / ice. Very weird and very cool.

Angle Park, I saw just saw that pic of you in the Wolverine Den and was all excited and they saw that the name stuck!

I was digging through old pics to upload names of Transformer Ridge and they were all pixalated to shit for some reason..?
    Wolverine Den is a cool name. The line has a very 'animal den' feel to it as though you might run into something as you make the turn on the climb.

Found your pic of Transformer Ridge with the names on your FB page. Skied Go-Bot this AM.

Name:	Go-Bot Line.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	998.7 KB 
ID:	204434

Discretion is the Better Part of Valour; Part 2

The Galleon Couloir was today's project. LHutz Esq (who took the photo below), myself and a few other enterprising locales made the long trek to get to this point which is the bottom of the couloir proper. This is the second time I've made the 4 + hour) journey and the second time I've been skunked. Wind Slabs and a small skier trigger slide (not to mention the vis) were enough of a deterrent to make us turn around. Fun outing nonetheless and mark my words I will be back.

Name:  17904146_10158497571010641_7542769586008383903_n (1).jpg
Views: 294
Size:  42.6 KB

The tantalizing and mist shrouded mouth of the couloir.

Here's a pic of a canvas print of the line that hangs in my living room to give you a better perspective of the objective. This photo was taken by my buddy on attempt #1.

Name:	IMG_76721.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	316.2 KB 
ID:	204499
    Last edited by Angle Parking; 04-15-2017 at 11:19 PM.

I took this pic from my daughters room this am as I was getting the youngest ready for Easter activities.

Vis should be perfect for the egg hunt.

Name:	3777a1851533af4c3b56f4f4df6ac789.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	253.2 KB 
ID:	204883

In case anyone cares

I care damn it!

Awesome dude, way to keep the turns cranking out there.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

I knew I could count on you to care Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    [video=Megatron![/video]
    Good on you for getting it done, but the snow conditions sounded skitchy/sketchy!!

yeah pretty loud! today would be good, probably in about 3 hrs

Quote Originally Posted by aragon View Post
    Good on you for getting it done, but the snow conditions sounded skitchy/sketchy!!
    Not sketchy, opposite really. That zone is a performer and has performed this year in that exact spot. Bottom of the snowpack is weak. Massive hang fire. Frozen, rock hard conditions are acceptable, all things considered. Ski wise, no edges were lost. Had to reign it in is all. Reality TV for ski dads. Door to door, it was 3.5 hour gig, and that's stopping for coffee twice. Back home at 10:35 on a Sunday morn with Timbits and a latte for the Mrs.

Dropping a bomb on Megatron.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post

Dropping a bomb on Megatron.
    Shit you would wanna be confident in that T-slot!