Page 42 of 78 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1946
    ^ That is a very good question - it really depends on a lot of things, including what the tenure actually is.
    Is it a Mine under the Mines Act., is it a Claim under the Mineral Tenure Act or a Lease under the same Act.
    A good discussion was had about these issues here -

https://www.canlii.org/en/bc/bcsc/do...&resultIndex=1

It dealt with the camp and airstrip up at the Tusqualah Chief project near Atlin.

It left open if a Lease (which I believe the Davidson project is and likely Sweeny) could ground trespass. It also didn't deal with if a road is part of a Mine either.

If someone has the GPS co-ordinates for the Sweeny camp, I could tell you what tenure is at play there.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post

The Davidson project is a good example of a project that's only real goal is to mine people's pockets. Until the BV is willing to accept tailings run-off being piped into the Bulkley (so never), or they come up with much better technology - this project is going exactly no where. In the mean time, they seem to think that this should keep recreationalists from accessing that Crown Land and the skiing potential above it.
    I have never even seen anyone or had a problem skiing the 7000 (except for that avalanche) is it a problem with Blue Pearl?

Buddy the mining engineer told me without mincing words that he advised BP " not to fuck with these people cuz they are really smart, so whats the first thing they did ...fuck with them"

I think the Sweeny camp is the Emerald mtn mine??
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Thanks LHutz, will peruse the link! For a temporary return to some ski stoke, had a stellar day up at Wesach yesterday. Sky was clear, air was dry, a cool breeze kept body temp reasonable. Was surprised to find 20 cms of recent new snow over Brad's skin trail from last week up above 5500 feet...it had turned to very good spring corn by the time we hit it. Total vert for the run peak to creek was about 3000 feet with two short skis off scrambles after 2000 continuous feet of fall line turns.

Besides the awesome ski experience, a highlight was watching a (I believe) Ptarmigan and her little chicks hanging out and pecking for food...we stood not 15 feet from that little family unit and they just carried on doing their thing. Pretty cute.

Absolutely stunning day in the alpine....and thus far, no access issues up the road!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070501.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	209116

Name:	P1070506.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	209117

Name:  P1070507.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  54.1 KB

Master of mediocrity.

Is Nadina Mountain North Bowl a worthwhile adventure? Is there a summer trail to get in there easily?

Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    Is Nadina Mountain North Bowl a worthwhile adventure? Is there a summer trail to get in there easily?
    I had that on tap for this past Wednesday but plans fell apart. Seemed like a very worthwhile adventure to me. Very cool mountain and the cirque had snow top to bottom when I last saw it on the way to Sweeney. Classic feature. There is a summer trail that appears to provide access to tree line very near the bottom of the bowl.

http://hesperus-wild.org/GIS_carto/B...n_Hesperus.pdf
    Last edited by Angle Parking; 07-06-2017 at 06:43 PM.

Big Simpson Wednesday night. I was able to ski the full length of Big Simpson and walked out via Ice Cooler, Little Simpson, Little Simpson Road, Trail to Town. Having reached the big bike stunt (letter D) I decided I had enough of carrying my gear so I stashed it under the bike stunt and walked to my house. This was at 1:00 PM. Came back at 8 PM on my bike to retrieve my gear and it was gone. Tent, sleeping bag, skis, boots (which I was demo-ing) and more. F*cking gone!

Name:	GOPR0424.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	875.2 KB 
ID:	209147

Fuuuck - that sucks.

Any descriptions/ pics of the gear so we can keep a look out?

Oh man....uber shitty.... don't know the area but any houses in vicinity that might have security cameras that could have footage of that timeline of the general trailhead area? Also, yeah, if you post details of gear, I can forward info to outdoor community in Terrace just in case if you'd like.

Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Oh man....uber shitty.... don't know the area but any houses in vicinity that might have security cameras that could have footage of that timeline of the general trailhead area? Also, yeah, if you post details of gear, I can forward info to outdoor community in Terrace just in case if you'd like.

The neighbour immediately facing the trail head have an extensive security camera system. The video is not conclusive but it is very interesting and let's just say I've been driving around town looking for someone. More on this later but for now here is what was taken.

Name:  316kumzJQML.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  15.2 KB
    Name:  137084.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  131.2 KB
    Name:  BROBRO.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  11.6 KB

Name:	GOPR0431.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	209189
    Name:  osprey.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  172.8 KB

Name:	clone.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	201.7 KB 
ID:	209193

Name:	f1-bigg.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	209192
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm canoeing on Lake Kathlyn today with the fam, looking up the glacier, thinking to myself "looks like there's still a decent amount of snow top there, maybe I should head up tomorrow morn....... oh wait, i don't have any ski gear anymore!!!!"

The boots weren't even mine. I was demoing them so now i owe money on those as well.

I think someone should buy me a drink.

I can assist with that drink buddy.

I also have a nice slightly used set of k2s you can borrow anytime.

its too small of a town in the middle of nowhere to pull off something like taht

I saw that white van in town today Eric, just cant remember where....maybe bv wholesale

Don't know what specific needs you have A.P. but I have size 26 salomon mtn lab boots to sell (or in your case lend or sell) and weren't you a fan of k2 coombacks? if so, I have a pair of 181cms non rockered o.g. coombas i can part with. Just sayin', just in case.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Don't know what specific needs you have A.P. but I have size 26 salomon mtn lab boots to sell (or in your case lend or sell) and weren't you a fan of k2 coombacks? if so, I have a pair of 181cms non rockered o.g. coombas i can part with. Just sayin', just in case.
    I have a pair of 2016 Cochise that I picked up for cheap so i am covered for skis. New Kingpins will be expensive but I really like those so i will bite the bullet there. As for the boots, I am coming to Terrace in August so if I haven't found anything before then I'll get a hold of you. Thanks for your offer of help. It is very much appreciated.

Sam from mcbike sez thosec guys were riding burnslake tomorrow

I spent yesterday afternoon driving around Burns Lake and didn't find those dudes. This was after having checked out the security cam footage again in the morning. It looked like one of the dudes was carrying something that he did not have on the way up. A shiny flash is seen above his head and both myself and the couple who own the cams concluded that it looked like skis. Anyways, I'm leaving for Calgary today. I'll stop by Ruckus. Plus the highway south is closed so they have to go through PG and McBride so I will have a look for them. The bad part is that I was demo-ing those Scarpa F1's so now I owe Dave 500 bucks. The other Dave offered to set me up again at cost so that's cool.

A.P., didja get any help from the cops?
    Master of mediocrity.

Filed a report and the constable was nice enough but he sheepishly told me that this kind of thing is not exactly a priority. Furthermore, stuff left in the woods is basically fair game. If my items would have been inside my car or house or something that is registered to me than it would be different, but since i left them in the woods, it's kind of. Grey area. As in the dudes could say, we just found some stuff and figured it was abandoned.

Shit, AP that bites huge. I hope you get your stuff back man. I'd love to say hi in Cowtown brother but my sched is fucking insane until Aug.

Guido, nice turns a couple of days ago,

Interesting, you know with access being so hit and miss in Sibolas, I really think Wesach access is now the choice for July skiing. Too bad, there's some great history re the Sibolas, it just sounds like a shit show.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    As per usual Sweeney delivers.

As much as I want to look back on this day as a success all I can think after watching this video is that I have a major counter rotation issue to address (read: shitty snowboarding). Too bad skiing didn't work out for me.

EDIT; PRODUCT MIGHT ONLY BE ON SALE IN TERRACE, B.C.!!!! SORRY FOR MY FALSE AND MISLEADING INFORMATION! Public service announcement for B.C. outdoor gear wearing maggots....Revivex is presently on sale at Canadian Tire! Save your canadian pesos for new boots!

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	209588

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ge...-0764481p.html
    Last edited by swissiphic; 07-20-2017 at 08:59 AM.
    Master of mediocrity.

Snow has stuck around all day in the alpine up around Iskut. Perhaps its a little early to stoke the fires but this seemed like relevant info.