Page 60 of 78 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1946
    Had an epic face shot day out pass lake road in pg, I'm headed home soon to house sit but the L - man is probably up for it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Had an epic face shot day out pass lake road in pg, I'm headed home soon to house sit but the L - man is probably up for it
    Watch the temps/forecast though...raining on the lower mtn right now, xxx'er...probably a take it hour by hour/day by day kinda storm; hope it cools and keep precipping.

Google earthed that pass lake road/mcgregors terrain...damn fine. Is that bear claw heliskiing's terrain?
    Master of mediocrity.

I think it's on the near edge of bear claw & Deziko around the area called " the farm " great tree skiing in 500 yr old balsams and it's a real snow belt

Temps have warmed up here as well I think we hit the best conditions, but I got turns in this AM with my grand daughter at the Hart highlands , a little area with a 360$ family seasons pass only 6 bloks away.

When that platter lift grabs you with a 4 yr old between yet skis there is no telling what's gona happen ... It's like the takeoff sequence in topgun
    Last edited by XXX-er; 12-28-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Hart Highlands...didn't even know that place existed.

Just got back from 9 days at a cabin up at Hudson Bay Mountain. Nice break from tech and reality in general. Kids skied 8 days in a row and improved by leaps and bounds. Dad was able to sneak in his fair share of laps. It's thin up there but the place is skiing well.
    Last edited by Angle Parking; 12-31-2019 at 06:02 AM.

http://www.hartskihill.com/

been running for 50 yars eh, I normaly wouldn't buckle my boots down for a hill of this stature but its ideal for the new little skiers, its only 360 for a family seasons pass, I handed the cashier a 20 and got change back

It was hypothesized that with the reciprocal discounts at other hills it could be worth buying a Hart seasons pass even if you never go

Shames about to go nuclear. Right now 53 cms at -8C forecast for friday (and almost 90 for Jan 2,3,4). Today was about 20cms though (to be fair) it got heavy at the bottom at the end of day.
    Swissiphic will tell you that snowforecast is full of shit. I'm an optimist however and suggest anyone reading this who doesn't live in the area should come here.

https://www.snow-forecast.com/resort...ntain/6day/mid
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

I wish...
    The euro forecast ist abysmal.

The global weather models look pretty wild in bc right now.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Northern BC 2013/2014 Stoke, Conditions

6” of fresh on my truck when I left Powder King yesterday. Knee deep and untouched in the trees.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...oast-this-week

sounds like we are fianlly gona get ours ^^

the event turned out to be > half a meter of light -7 pow

the area was hurting for snow so this was great

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1139.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	309184

Lothar, Me, the right honourable garyfromterrace, Aaron.

After all these years, I had the great pleasure of meeting and skiing with garyfromterrace. Shames was going off and we could not have asked for a better host and guide. He is every bit the warm, gregarious man I expected him to be. And don't let his self deprecating comments fool you, he is a total ripper and we had an absolute blast. Thanks so much Gary.

Right on, A.P., looks like you guys (including the reinstated mayor of Shames) nailed it! But, gotta ask, salesman hat on here...looks like some potentially undergunned planks in the quiver...did they provide sufficient float? If not, let me know and I'll rent you some Tip Xtenderz for the bottomless or upside down Shames days in the future. Guarantee'd no tip dive or your money back.

Also, any accurate new snow amounts to report from the top tee/backcountry elevations at Shames?

Sounds like the hill reported 37cms but can't tell for sure if that was at the base or mid mountain...must have been substantially more higher up. Gotta get some real numbers to compare Gary's fave snowforecast.com and my fave spotwx.com and see who was most accurate with the numberzzzz.

In other news....looks like Kitimat won the friday dump award. Looks like well over a meter of new. I shudder to think how much more fell in the hills surrounding town.

Name:  81445044_2113129285456648_6313802607466905600_n.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  29.7 KB
    Last edited by swissiphic; 01-04-2020 at 09:29 PM.
    Master of mediocrity.

I'll be making my 1st trip to Terrace this weekend and will be skiing up at Shames on Sun. Won't have a car so planning to take the Ski Express Bus. Give a shout if you see me cruising around, I'll be the obvious tourist, Green Jacket/Black Pants/Yellow Boots.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    I'll be making my 1st trip to Terrace this weekend and will be skiing up at Shames on Sun. Won't have a car so planning to take the Ski Express Bus. Give a shout if you see me cruising around, I'll be the obvious tourist, Green Jacket/Black Pants/Yellow Boots.
    Do you have touring gear?
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Do you have touring gear?
    No, not really a BC guy. I know it means I'm missing out up there but just gonna be on some standard DH gear.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

No, not really a BC guy. I know it means I'm missing out up there but just gonna be on some standard DH gear.
    When u say 'standard downhill gear'...does that include fatter skis? kinda required equipment at shames. if in need i have some salomon rocker 2 122's in a 180cm length and some volkl shiros in a 185cm length to lend if you want 'em for your stay. Both have salomon fully adjustable dh demo bindings.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    When u say 'standard downhill gear'...does that include fatter skis?
    Thanks. Yeah, got that covered with some newly mounted Volkl Revolt 121s. Took 'em for their maiden voyage on 2" of dust on crust today so looking forward to some conditions more suited for their girth.

Thanks. Yeah, got that covered with some newly mounted Volkl Revolt 121s. Took 'em for their maiden voyage on 2" of dust on crust today so looking forward to some conditions more suited for their girth.
    Nice! Well, enjoy the harvest this sunday, powpig!

And, open offer to any mags visiting Shames in the future. Free rentals of the 180 solly rocker 2 122's and Volkl Shiro 185's with dh demo bindings...and...if ya got tech binding compatible boots, Volkl Kuro 185's and Volkl 2 185's with dynafit binders...they're mounted for bsl of 298 but prolly adjust to 310 or so. If's it's low tide and you brought fatties and wanna go skinnier, I have some rossi s3 186's mounted with demo bindings for hill only days as well.

And...for what it's worth; mag discount for custom Ghettowerx Tip Xtenders if yer skis need another inch or two for better tip planing if the snow's bottomless or upside down.
    Master of mediocrity.

looking down

Name:	fullsizeoutput_3f.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	647.1 KB 
ID:	310263

looking up (couple runs later)

Name:	fullsizeoutput_41.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	817.1 KB 
ID:	310260

HBM skied very, very nice today.

Batten down the hatches. Cold week ahead.

Made it up to Shames this morning. Bought my ticket and got 1 boot on when the word came down that it was too windy and they were pulling the plug. At least I got to see the place.

So where's a good place to watch football and have a couple beers?

Made it up to Shames this morning. Bought my ticket and got 1 boot on when the word came down that it was too windy and they were pulling the plug. At least I got to see the place.

So where's a good place to watch football and have a couple beers?
    Shit man, sorry I missed this. Don't suppose you're still kicking around eh? Wow, should have been here 3 - 20 days ago..
    Yeah, I know that doesn't help...

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Too bad I was outta town, powpig. Coulda did some townie urban jibbing laps as a plan B. Town snowpack is now sufficient.
    Master of mediocrity.

I'll just start this little ramble by saying Shames is forecast for another 70cms in 3 days starting Saturday. And we know what happened last time right!? Well if you don't remember I will refresh your memory with a recap of the last number of weeks. Stopping with the start of the arctic outflows, 5 days ago (coinciding with a couple of little tweaks - fucking No Socks, but good timing sort of).

Since my last photos posted were of the sisters trip in October I figured I may as well post a few (read a shit ton) photos of some season highlights thus far. To recap quickly, it was a bit of a slow start to Shames operations (opening Dec 21) but just after New Years it nuked 2 metres in 7 days (luckily Angle Parking, Lothar and Aaron hit it good).

Name:	down.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	310982

Vivian with some preseason run evaluation on Hangover Dec 13.

Name:	down-2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	310983

A mission to Glacier Peak with Brad Z. The road up was in great condition if you're Brad's truck. We drove about 20 minutes up a logging road before it was impassable. Then jumped on Brad's sled for another 45 minutes or so, then climbed about 2 hours. The gift at the end was a 3000' vert run off the peak.

Name:	down-3.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	994.5 KB 
ID:	310984

Name:	down-4.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	825.5 KB 
ID:	310985

Name:	down-10.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	441.2 KB 
ID:	310986

My kid arrived on Dec 18 for a couple of week shred session with the old man.

Name:	down-11.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	310992

Name:	down-12.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	657.4 KB 
ID:	310993

His life long buddy Josh. They met at six months, both were on their dad's back skiing at Shames.

Name:	down-16.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	310994

Name:	down-17.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	310995

Little Bud on skis at 1.5yrs. This was his first day, my kid and I were stoked to be part of it.

Name:	down-18.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	648.5 KB 
ID:	310996

Christmas eve delivered the goods. Henry on Hangover.

Name:	down-24.jpg 
ID:	310997

The Smithers contingent arrived on Jan 3 to amazing storm skiing. This is the esteemed Lothar, getting his ski legs back after 4 years on a recumbent bike.

Name:	down-25.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	413.0 KB 
ID:	310999

Aaron in the white room. Tough day for photos. Tougher when the photographer sucks, hehe.

Name:	down-28.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	698.0 KB 
ID:	311000

The esteemed Mr Parking. Wanted to ski with this internet friend for years. So glad he dragged a couple of mates with him and made the trip. It will not be the last time we make some turns together Angle Parking. Shit that was fun!

Name:	down-29.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	311001

My truck during the storm on Jan 3.

Name:	down-30.jpg 
Views:	44 
ID:	311002

Managed to do some skiing with the maintenance manager of Shames. Awesome guy and a hell of a lot of fun to ski with.

Name:	down-30a.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	311006

Name:	down-31.jpg 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	311007

Near the top of North Bowl. Conditions were primo for us, some caution at the top but managed to get first tracks after the storm.

Name:	down-32.jpg 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	311008

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Well done sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Jan 7 and 8 were spent skiing with Josh's Dad Jaimie. Took the phone out for a couple of picture one of the days at least. We headed back to North Bowl for one of our laps. Snow wasn't as good as the day before, but still pretty decent.

Name:	down-33.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	812.3 KB 
ID:	311009

Jaimie heading down.

Name:	down-34.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	401.6 KB 
ID:	311010

The second pitch of North Bowl.

Name:	down-35.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	311011

Name:	down-36.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	336.2 KB 
ID:	311012

Last week conditions were still amazing.

Name:	down-37.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	241.6 KB 
ID:	311013

Meredith (in the foreground) and Vivian on Hangover

So as I mentioned, there is a storm coming with much warmer temps than the nasty outflows currently in the area. Should be a good upcoming week.

www.mymountaincoop.ca