Page 67 of 78 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1946
    Which one of you is BC ski junkie on the u-tube? I enjoy the videos.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

thats Brad Z from out in terrace, he has the Skeena river house B n B which is a great spot to stay in Terrace right on the river, good food, BIg pool table, I don't think he posts here, Gary and swiss ski with him
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Brad's good people. He is a total stoke-monkey and a hoot and holler to ski with. Good luck keeping up to the 60+ year old freak. I recall he even made an scene stealing appearance in a TGR movie...

Yeah, their lodge is first rate. I convinced Norseman to come up for a visit one year, and I think xxx-er came from Smithers too, plus lurker Mike. Stayed at their place and had a hoot as I recall.

edit - Hey Shafty! How's it hanging?! How'd things go at Cain last season?
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

yeah I was also there, the skeena river house BnB is a great place to party so we drank too much

Sunday service was swamp beers in the Shames p-lot

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    yeah I was also there, the skeena river house BnB is a great place to party so we drank too much

Sunday service was swamp beers in the Shames p-lot
    Right. Amazing free swamp beer. The back of dudes truck was amazing. You should come to Sweeney just for the drinking Al! If Hutz came it would be a legit summit haha.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

First sand/gravel stoke session of the season. One year older, feeling less bolder...cautious, tentative turns...

Best part about the session was uphill testing of the Dairylandr 2.0's...more efficient, consistent, platform like steps in the sand compared to straight up bootpacking. Buddy who tried 'em sed instead of 2 steps up, 1 step backsliding it's 2 steps up, half a step backsliding... those pennies saved, add up.

Name:  P1130459.jpg
Views: 1747
Size:  223.9 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Right. Amazing free swamp beer. The back of dudes truck was amazing. You should come to Sweeney just for the drinking Al! If Hutz came it would be a legit summit haha.
    In!
    When?

Buddy of mine and his GF/SO are moving to Smithers from Whistler in July, they are split boarders and pretty much into everything outdoors. He’s a pretty mellow guy, toured and sledded with him a lot and he’s in shape and a VG boarder. Recommendations on best bar(s), restaurants, and how to hookup with people for activities?

the bulkley and the smithers breweries are a couple blocks apart, I would (I did) find a place to live in town close to the beermuda triangle so you can walk home with a few beers under yer belt its also cheaper if you can walk or bike everywhere, Smithers is not very big not many restaurants but its got biking/ skiing/ fishing/ WW paddling/ hiking/

all kinds of things to do there is also a pretty good local music scene, lots of artists

if buddy has the gear and a saw its been possible for angle parking & myself to work off ski passes for the last 5 yars

And its a pretty good place to bring up kids, Angle Parking is a legendary school teacher
    Last edited by XXX-er; 06-15-2020 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Buddy of mine and his GF/SO are moving to Smithers from Whistler in July, they are split boarders and pretty much into everything outdoors. He’s a pretty mellow guy, toured and sledded with him a lot and he’s in shape and a VG boarder. Recommendations on best bar(s), restaurants, and how to hookup with people for activities?
    Don’t know much about restaurants and I try to avoid people at all costs- but generally if I was new to town and wanted to find people for activities I would suggest:

joining the smba for a few trail days :
    https://smithersmountainbike.ca

In the fall the bbss do workbees on the backcountry amenities
    https://www.bbss.ca

I believe bvsar are often looking for good mountain folk:

http://bvsearchandrescue.com

The fire department is also recruiting

http://smithersfire.ca

My advice in northern towns is don’t be a spectator. Find something you like and get stuck in trying to make it better. Training usually provided - only thing required is a decent attitude.

Although, if either of them are govi’ folk- they will meet all the folks they could probably want to.

Greatest thing about up here - lots of room for activities!

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    In!
    When?
    Sweeney lake Jun 30, ski Sibolas July 1. Some of the folks going may stay a couple nights but me and the missus are on a misison.

Toward Huckleberry mine. Be so great to meet ya, hoist a pint and ski a line Mr Hutz! I'll pm you more details man.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    My advice in northern towns is don’t be a spectator. Find something you like and get stuck in trying to make it better. Training usually provided - only thing required is a decent attitude.

Greatest thing about up here - lots of room for activities!
    Truer words aint been spoke.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Name:  swamp beer.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  87.4 KB

Apparently if you drank too many of these things without cleaning the bottle neck you would get a dirty mouth from the swamp mud, there are picts of where the beer was found in the link below

https://www.buzzfeed.com/craigsilver...eb1I#.yt5eKLjA

there it is

Brad's good people. He is a total stoke-monkey and a hoot and holler to ski with. Good luck keeping up to the 60+ year old freak. I recall he even made an scene stealing appearance in a TGR movie...

Yeah, their lodge is first rate. I convinced Norseman to come up for a visit one year, and I think xxx-er came from Smithers too, plus lurker Mike. Stayed at their place and had a hoot as I recall.

edit - Hey Shafty! How's it hanging?! How'd things go at Cain last season?
    Good man, thanks. Didn’t get out a ton this season as the wife was pregnant but it was a good season until the Covid shit things down. Just hanging out in the hospital now with the little guy (4th day in a row in here with no visitor access and confined to room except for 1 time a day to go out and get food for the day, so going a little squirrelly). Been riding a lot though this spring - just moved up to Cumberland in April so closer to Cain and a 2min ride from the mtb trails. Definitely let us know if you’ll be out this way!

How were things for you? How were the wedding festivities?
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    I met people through ski patrol, and by joining search and rescue. It was a bit rocky as we were a decent bit younger compared to most of the people that we had met in town. With that being said I learned a lot, and joining the local SAR group really helped. The AVSAR group has some great guys, is well trained and they have a strong relationship with local guides.

My partner and I both really loved living in Smithers and have met some great people. It is an amazing place to live, and I am happy to have called Smithers home these 2 years. Unfortunately we are looking at leaving in November, but I will be visiting frequently as there is still some areas we'd like to explore.
    SROAM 2014

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Good man, thanks. Didn’t get out a ton this season as the wife was pregnant but it was a good season until the Covid shit things down. Just hanging out in the hospital now with the little guy (4th day in a row in here with no visitor access and confined to room except for 1 time a day to go out and get food for the day, so going a little squirrelly). Been riding a lot though this spring - just moved up to Cumberland in April so closer to Cain and a 2min ride from the mtb trails. Definitely let us know if you’ll be out this way!

How were things for you? How were the wedding festivities?
    Oh wow Shafty! Congratu-fucking-lations! That's awesome, what a weird time for a birthing, but I'm sure you guys are fine. Best wishes to get everybody home fast. We may cruise through your zone in July but I think it may just be a flyby, will let you know when though.

Wedding was super fun, and a good multiday affair. No deaths or hospitalizations so I'm saying it was a resounding success. Settling into life in T town and that's been great too. Take care!!

Great photo of the beer XXX-er!

So Cork, since you're leaving town you should come to Sibolas for July 1 ski eh? Could be last chance for a while. Be great to meet you too.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Sibolas still on for July 1 ski. Hope to see lots of mags for this important northern Summit 🤡

https://youtu.be/Tb0xX_Nhw04

Because this is far more entertaining than what I’m doing in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sibolas still on for July 1 ski. Hope to see lots of mags for this important northern Summit ��
    I will probably give it a pass but as the medical professional emeritus the L man was recommending to jay that he drop some acid and do the Sibolas, so when is this cuz i gotta fix Jays ski ?

Life is crazy hectic right now for me now. Having said that, if I can get through my significant list of to-do's tomorrow and Monday, it is looking very promising for me attending the Northern Summit this week. Might be a quick hit mission for me, get there Tuesday evening, toss in a couple laps Wednesday morn and bolt. I will do my best gentlemen, and please know that should I get the green light to go from the boss, I fully intend on kidnapping xxx-er and hauling him out there. Don't see how a bum knee should prevent a legit TGR O.G. from partaking in the Sweeney Rec site portion of the festivities.

And incidentally, my Gov friend, who may and or may not be a mines inspector, and who may or may not have spent some of his tax payer funded time researching the legalities of that site, has levied and communicated to me his conclusion that buddy the mine owner has zero authority to keep us off that road and site.

If all goes well (and it should) I will see you gentlemen on Tuesday

Awesome Shafty! AP, that sounds perfect man!! Guido also trying hard to make it! Got some good turns in with BC Ski Junkie a couple of days ago.
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=26...follower_video

Will post some pics up when I get a sec.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Sadly gentleman, Sweeney is out for me. Life. I offer my sincerest apologies and please do not interpret my not showing up as lack of appreciation and respect for our Northern Tribe. You guys are awesome.

I know that if Angle parking was able and I had 2 knees, we would have been up thar spraying beer around the interior of his Tacoma

the L man gave me a nice vid of Gary but i can't make it owrk