Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 1946
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    "angle parking only" is a fairly sporty side country run for little people, great job !
    Fucking eh AP! And Hutz, great photos man. Last but not least Al, keep your diseased man fluids away from me! Seriously though, heal fast bro. Glad L's checking in on ya. That shit may be less potent than at the start, but it still seems not to be fucked with. Take care, hopefully see ya at Bill and Laurie's soirè
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

25 + cm at HBM yesterday and still snowing

And yours trully is doning the dry sut to fish people out of the slush cup on Sunay. A man's has to pay off next year's pass somehow.

Its been a week G so I'm doing fine, I'm pretty sure everyone is gona get it and hopefully everyone gets thru it OK

gona have to look at that take-off for the sluxsh pit today and see if they made it high enough
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    25 + cm at HBM yesterday and still snowing

And yours trully is doning the dry sut to fish people out of the slush cup on Sunay. A man's has to pay off next year's pass somehow.
    At Shames we call that a trace. We got 250cms here yesterday. And, it's snowing until next Thursday.

😜

Right on Eric! Good on you for doing the flat water rescue gig! Kind of sad that HBM won't be seeing the Shames contingent for Schnai days since our closing is the same as yours this year. We need better coordination on closing dates my friend. It is after all just one big happy skiing family between Rupert and Burns eh?!
    Have a good one mate. Sorry we didn't get to make any turns together this year (again). Let's fix that next season eh!

Sorry I did not make it your way again this year Gary. Life. Next year for sure.

I hope you got hooked up with that ice rescue suit, it was sounding fucked up/ sideways so it stepped in

I hope you got hooked up with that ice rescue suit, it was sounding fucked up/ sideways so it stepped in
    All taken care of says dude who asked me to do it wth him. Thanks for looking out for me Al.

well there is a certain amount of self interest here cuz depending on if the take off is high enough,

I may need you to reach down in very cold water and release my barons

well there is a certain amount of self interest here cuz depending on if the take off is high enough,

I may need you to reach down in very cold water and release my barons
    Are you going to go full vigilante again if some young punk hit you with a snowball?

So we had a very epic end of days up here. After blizzarding all week up there, the sun came out for a coupla days. Amazing time at Shames, reminiscent of a bygone age. More folks than I'd ever seen camped out at the lower lot and the fun times rolled. My new camper life has made overnights at the hill easy peasy. Too bad it's over...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skiing w Cecie.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	412973

Here's me skiing with my buddy Cece. Yes, that's a unicorn helmet. I'm wearing a jacket from the 80's. Yeah, it was my mom's. Don't judge me.

Name:	bud with horns and hangover.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	936.1 KB 
ID:	412974

This is Cece's bro. He's 3. His name's Bud and he skied the big run behind him. It's a double black called hangover. I tried to catch him as he blazed through the terrain park but couldn't catch him. Granted, I was on tele's. But shit, he's 3. I love little bud. Oh yeah, those are real cattle horns. From Montana.

Name:	shame-lassies.jpg 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	412975

One of the reasons to keep coming back - Shames-lassies. Many were in full costume attire.

Name:	crowd at top t.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	412976

Just a random moment in an transcendent day!

Name:	a ski hill, a man, boots, a dog, wine and a camper.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	412977

I insisted Mrs GfT take a photo of me right there, right at that moment. I really had a little moment. An epiphany really. There I was, a 61 year old dude. Having a good sized mug of wine at the end of an absolutely perfect day in which I tele'd the morn, boarded the aft (had one of my cleanest hangovers on the board this year), and then took my little doggie for a ski tour. I come back to a happy wife, dinner, a warm trailer. A cold glass of white. Fuck, I'm a lucky bastard. So fucking lucky.

Anyway, I'm tearing up here. Smithers guys, I'm coming your way for a day on Sat. Ima gonna stay at the hill Friday night (where should I park, May be at the chair side?). I hear the chair is closed so are you guys going to shuttle a bit? What about just skinning back from the chair side of things? Gonna stay Sat night too, then gotta bolt sunday. You guys are skiing right??
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

word. cheers, Gary

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    So we had a very epic end of days up here. After blizzarding all week up there, the sun came out for a coupla days. Amazing time at Shames, reminiscent of a bygone age. More folks than I'd ever seen camped out at the lower lot and the fun times rolled. My new camper life has made overnights at the hill easy peasy. Too bad it's over...

Name:	skiing w Cecie.jpg 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	412973

Here's me skiing with my buddy Cece. Yes, that's a unicorn helmet. I'm wearing a jacket from the 80's. Yeah, it was my mom's. Don't judge me.

Name:	bud with horns and hangover.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	936.1 KB 
ID:	412974

This is Cece's bro. He's 3. His name's Bud and he skied the big run behind him. It's a double black called hangover. I tried to catch him as he blazed through the terrain park but couldn't catch him. Granted, I was on tele's. But shit, he's 3. I love little bud. Oh yeah, those are real cattle horns. From Montana.

Name:	shame-lassies.jpg 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	412975

One of the reasons to keep coming back - Shames-lassies. Many were in full costume attire.

Name:	crowd at top t.jpg 
ID:	412976

Just a random moment in an transcendent day!

Name:	a ski hill, a man, boots, a dog, wine and a camper.jpg 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	412977

I insisted Mrs GfT take a photo of me right there, right at that moment. I really had a little moment. An epiphany really. There I was, a 61 year old dude. Having a good sized mug of wine at the end of an absolutely perfect day in which I tele'd the morn, boarded the aft (had one of my cleanest hangovers on the board this year), and then took my little doggie for a ski tour. I come back to a happy wife, dinner, a warm trailer. A cold glass of white. Fuck, I'm a lucky bastard. So fucking lucky.

Anyway, I'm tearing up here. Smithers guys, I'm coming your way for a day on Sat. Ima gonna stay at the hill Friday night (where should I park, May be at the chair side?). I hear the chair is closed so are you guys going to shuttle a bit? What about just skinning back from the chair side of things? Gonna stay Sat night too, then gotta bolt sunday. You guys are skiing right??
    I'm up at a cabin on the t bar side of the hill all weekend Gary. Condiions are looking favourable forskiing the 7000 or other big lines if going for a tour interests you. At the very let we shoud meet up and spin some laps on the hill. It's the last weekend the hill is open and mids kids and i want to ake advantage of that so I'll be poking around the hill area all weekend.

AP. That's wicked. I would love to ski the 7000 but how long a tour is that (for an old fat fuck)? I'm coming solo and bringing the doggie so I don't want to leave her unattended for over 4 hrs in the camper. Sounds like I should pull up the camper somewhere on the T bar side for my Friday and Saturday night stay then eh? (I got some crown you may like). Were you going to ski the chair side and just shuttle back to the T bar side if things? Do people just skate back (or skin) on that lower connector Rd? I've never skied there with the chair not running.

Good to hear you're our coming out our way Gary.

Unfortunately, I'll be manning the rake for the Northern Zone races, so prob no tours for me.

There are some semi-permanent campers in the upper lot and they are plugged in to power. So, if that interests you I'd check with the hill. Even without power that would be my choice of camp sites this weekend.

We are staying up at the cabin Thurs, Friday night - so if I see a strange camper in the upper lot I'll stop by. I'll either meet ya or make some new friends!

the 7,000 is kinda a must do if you can. About 4-5 hours, 18ish km., Good times. But there is all kinds of goodness to be had this time of year.

Depending on the doggo - we may be able to provide some company for her up at the cabin as well.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    AP. That's wicked. I would love to ski the 7000 but how long a tour is that (for an old fat fuck)? I'm coming solo and bringing the doggie so I don't want to leave her unattended for over 4 hrs in the camper. Sounds like I should pull up the camper somewhere on the T bar side for my Friday and Saturday night stay then eh? (I got some crown you may like). Were you going to ski the chair side and just shuttle back to the T bar side if things? Do people just skate back (or skin) on that lower connector Rd? I've never skied there with the chair not running.
    People mostly ski up Footloose or Twinkle toes.

I will have my dog up there as well so we should get them together for sure.

I agree with Hutz on the camping on T Bar side, unless your looking to zen out solo style. Then the chair would be better.

And i am not buying your old fat guy schtick this time Gary. You had me lured into that last time and then none of us could keep up to you.

I pm'ed you my cell. text is best. Glad you are coming.

god damn. I was going to bail because I didn't think the skiing would be that great... but shit. OK, I'm coming again. See you guys tomorrow night. I'll be in the upper lot. Don't need power. I'll bring my touring gear, but sadly lacking crampons for current skis. Does that preclude a 5000 or 7000?

www.mymountaincoop.ca

With great shame, I will admit that i spent most of the weekend withing 500 meters of Gary and did not manage to meet uo with him. Apologies to Gary and maggotdom in general. The ball is now in my court Gary. I trust and hope that you are not putting the skis away for a bit. We still have time. Wasach?

No worries man. Maisie and I had a great time and our ski in/ski out pad and location were first rate. Very much enjoyed doing cold smoke on the quiet side of the mountain. Gotta say I was sorta stoked to finally do the 5000, but wasn't about to do it solo. Shames'll be good for another month and wesach probably for another 1.5 months.

Plenty of time left for the 5000 Gary. And for a pittance, I can even get us a heli drop.

And 1.5 months for Wesach, isn't that the Terrace summer skiing spot? Why only 1.5 months

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Plenty of time left for the 5000 Gary. And for a pittance, I can even get us a heli drop.

And 1.5 months for Wesach, isn't that the Terrace summer skiing spot? Why only 1.5 months
    That is very cool AP!! I will try super hard to make that work. You're absolutely right about Wesach. Not sure why I said 1.5months other than the possibility I was high, drunk or stupid (a combination of them is likely). I haven't been for a while though and reports I'd got from folks in the past few years who did it late in the year like Aug and Sept have said it's become harder to ski because much of the neve has gone and it's down to ice in many areas, plus some crevasse has shown up in spots. This is second hand info though. I'll try to get a scouting mission in here soon. It's a really fun area and when you can drive to the end of the road, then put in the skins it's easy access. The drive in is spectacular too.

April Photo Dump

Annual heli drop on the 5000 for my bday.

Name:	5000 with heli.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	925.4 KB 
ID:	414853

Heli drop crew

Name:	Heli Drop Crew.jpg 
Views:	105 
ID:	414854

Lots of jokes about dentists around here but this dude really is one

Name:	Trevor turning.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	414855

Spring Skiing

Name:	spring skiing.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	2.41 MB 
ID:	414861

Toured the 7000 with one of my ex-students

Name:	Jacob 5000.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	209.5 KB 
ID:	414856

ex student shredding

Name:	Jacob shredding.jpg 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	414857

My fav ski partners

Name:	Charlotte&Juniper.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	414858

Name:	super heroes.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	349.4 KB 
ID:	414859

Name:	couloir dog.jpg 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	414860

I was frog rescue dude for the pond skim at Hudson Bay Mountain

Name:	frog.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	168.0 KB 
ID:	414862

Skied this line for the first time as well in April.

Name:	line illustration.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	414873

Name:	Lightning Bolt Entrance.jpg 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	414874

Booting Up

Name:	boot crampons.jpg 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	414875

Topping out and looking west towards headwall of Big Simpson

Name:	Big Simpson.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	921.4 KB 
ID:	414876

Looking Down

Name:	looking down.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	414878

Clearing out the slope and skiing on the firm, chalky bed surface was my best option. Not the best ski conditions but the very cool line.

Name:	wet sluff.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	414879

My dog Spider survived a cornice failure and 820 foot fall yesterday.

Name:	fall.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	739.6 KB 
ID:	415740

Name:	fuzzy fall.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	706.1 KB 
ID:	415744

The bottom arrow indicates where I saw dog tracks coming out of the debris. The fall height was measured by my buddies Strava. We were walking the ridge scoping lines and Spider got too close to the edge. My partner was ahead of me taking pics and happened to be looking at Spider when the cornice failed. He said Spider fell at the fracture line and not the outer edge. This probably saved him from getting crushed by the a massive chunk of snow and ice that fell. I was 30 or so meters back and heard a loud thunder like sound. Furthermore, the size debris field indicates there was no step down situation or anything that would have further contributed to the possibility of a burial. Lucky doggo.

There's no way down that face. There is actually but not this year and not on this day as it is guarded by a huge cornice. Getting down involved skinning up to the head of the valley (Big Simpson's) and skiing down. Spider's tracks indicate that he tried climbing back up that face a little further up and was not able to make it. 30 or so minutes had passed between the cornice failure and the moment below when we were reunited. The little dots mid image are me and my dog.

Name:	IMG_0633.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	563.0 KB 
ID:	415742

In the truck with a pepperoni reward his feat of survival.

Name:	IMG_0592.jpg 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	415743

Cross posted to the Faces Dogs Make When You Take Them Skiing Thread
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0585.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	654.5 KB 
ID:	415741  
    Last edited by Angle Parking; 05-08-2022 at 09:11 PM.

Wow. Lucky dog! Glad he's ok.