Page 20 of 78 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Don't stress, pull the trigger. Had you pulled it like z bo you'd be choking on it (and shoveling out my driveway and sidewalk). Haha. He who hesitates...

Ps nice to see crowds at the hill.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Buy some tall poles and get a free haircut?

Powder King looks like it might be OK

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts...rKing/6day/mid

sounds like it was on the weekend... looks warm in the forecast.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Pit View Post
    sounds like it was on the weekend... looks warm in the forecast.
    I'm committed to ski in Kokanee next week. More hashtagging you know. Just looking for ideas for snow-starved coasties.

japan or vermont look like the only sure bet these days. i'm going to icefall in late march (based partially on your reviews lee). it's looking like that might be the only good snow i'll have ridden since december.

Well have fun Lee...

Icefall is rad... elevation may be the secret this year although the frequent inversions have proven to be an issue.

As for coasties looking for snow... good luck, and please fly, your "all season" tires and Vancouver driving skillz will not help you
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Home sick from work. Passin' the time by keeping' a close eye on Sandra Cam. So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Home sick from work. Passin' the time by keeping' a close eye on Sandra Cam. So far so good.
    Got man-flu. Good thing it didn't happen during the powmageddon. For anyone who's curious - http://www.sandrah.biz/mountainweath...p#.VNvGqvnF98E

Temps -0.5 C in Smithers

I'll be around next year skit ouring and riding resorts out of a camper van planning to get to AK by early/mid march and already enjoy this thread. Btw. snow starved US/CAN boys can alo head to Europe we're having a deadly, but snowwise ok winter.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Well it was raining at the hill this morning - on top of 10 or so cm of fresh.

It was starting to slough above Holy Smoke. The T-bar was a bit better as the real freeze line seemed to be about 1/2 way down on that side.

Very Shames like right now. I honestly don't know how those poor guys do it, skiing in that wet snow all the time. There should be some kind of non-profit, go fund me type thing where we can raise money so that they can come over and ski in dry snow.

I for one am heading higher and north in search of better pow this weekend.

Who's attending the rock talk next week?

+2 and raining at the Hankin day hut, + 4 in the P-lot then it gopt colder again some weird fluctuations as we descended to valley floor but on the whole ... rarely has skiing sucked this much
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    +2 and raining at the Hankin day hut, + 4 in the P-lot then it gopt colder again some weird fluctuations as we descended to valley floor but on the whole ... rarely has skiing sucked this much
    wow - that blows

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Bummer. We escaped yesterdays possibility of rain with 10 cm of snow but it looks like we had no such luck today. Oh well, rain, shine, snow, sleet, i'm goin' skiing this weekend. Probably my last full weekend before my little new one arrives.

bummed for you guys but quite glad i didn't go now. flying 2 hours north to ride in the rain... i would have lost my shit.

If you smithereens would get rid of your 80mm waists you'd have way less trouble when the snow gets some "meat" to it
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

But,but,but - the 80mm skis make for such fast touring on our usual crust layer.

We are all about our traverse times over here.

Why else would we be the only town to come up with an "event" where you ski UP a groomer? #lotsafunbythewaydontmissitMarch14bethere

ah yes the Extreme Everest challenge which Lee has commited to attend and do some laps for the lawyer team

ran into the Salomon team out there shooting the Hankin story ... its gona have some wet sequences
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Went out for a quick post-work tour in the prairie and found a killer rain crust. Overall, i guess we made out pretty well from the most recent rain event (11cm snow one day and 13 mm of rain the next) but holy!!! what a rain crust. Could be worst I guess. Groomers and moguls tomo.

What a difference 3 days can make

PK 2/12

Sugarbowl 2/15

Ouch. Doing any touring Saturday or Sunday?

Fug... A few Buddies and I were planning a Tee-bar tour starting with pk. I finally can pull off a ski trip and there isn't snow anywhere. And a staycation just isnt the same. Someone please sacrifice a new pair of skis or something and make it snow by the 26th...Thank you

Skiersteve I'm not sure... depends on snow and such. I'll probably either ski or snowmobile on Sunday. I work Saturdays.

jetski I would be surprised if conditions didn't improve at PK by the 26th. Even though this year has been really low tide it has still been fairly good up there most weeks.