Page 18 of 78 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    You were up here a long time ago, I now suck less and probably own as many pair of dynafits as you however I am injured but its been 6 weeks so I may be coming off the bench

I hear that when when the power went out/came back on it fried something in the chair?
    Word on the street is that shames is sending in the cavalry...

Hope they find the ghost in the machine!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    ^^ but you can prob eat Sushi Al. It's all good. just booking flights
    Going to hit up shames at all? Need a place to stay?
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Going to hit up shames at all? Need a place to stay?
    Maybe later in the season. Smithers looks like the temps are staying colder and I need to spread the Northern BC spam/love around

^^ but you can prob eat Sushi Al. It's all good. just booking flights
    I seem to remember you ate ALL the food at the sushi bar so in other words ... as long as I get to order 1st

Just got off the phone with my PT and I have the green light to be an intermediate level skier

Smithers is the cool place to be, even salomon freeski tv is coming up in a couple of weeks to do "the Hankin Story"
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I seem to remember you ate ALL the food at the sushi bar so in other words ... as long as I get to order 1st

Just got off the phone with my PT and I have the green light to be an intermediate level skier

Smithers is the cool place to be, even salomon freeski tv is coming up in a couple of weeks to do "the Hankin Story"
    yah I'm going to follow in MikeD's footsteps

yo northerners - Shar and I going to be up for snowmageddon Thurs to Monday. LHutz lets talk about triple billing. Going to stop by tacklebox shack and build a booter. Also hopefully compare notes with XXXer about who is the laziest azn. Will post up in Bulkley Group and am trying to talk Aaron and Brian into going for a Hankin ski. Hope to put names to faces!
    Would love to go for a bit of a ski- we can bill it to XXXer's file. I will be on the hill Thursday with the Mrss, working Friday (scotch o'clock promptly at 4:30), snowplowing with the 2 year old Sat, and free to ski Sunday and Monday. - send me a pm. Or ask Al for my contact info.

Currently in Burnie...60+ cm over last 3 days (light density although bigger stellars) and S3.5 as I write this. True snorkel. Gotta be the best snow in the whole province. 40 cm ish storm slabs pulling over convexities.

What a fcking terrible year otherwise. Only skied once at Duffy this whole year.

With that kind of weather and whats in the forecast you probably won't make it up the Burnie glacier this trip ... you will just have to come back

grumble, grumble....the hill day at shames started off soooo good. Then the persistent snowfall accumulated enough to initiate uncivilized faceshot turns on the steep runs...almost had to ease off the throttle for lack of visibility...but not quite.

First world problems!!! Was there so much snow it filled up your hood?? Pooor pooor guido

^ did a couple Cold Smoke/Holy Smoke touring laps last night.

MMMMMMmmmmm niiiiiiice.

Took the first 1/4 of the run to build any speed - all that snow slowing you down. The pitch however - perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    ^ did a couple Cold Smoke/Holy Smoke touring laps last night.

MMMMMMmmmmm niiiiiiice.

Took the first 1/4 of the run to build any speed - all that snow slowing you down. The pitch however - perfect.
    Sounds like you should have brought Shames spec fat skis.

Good to hear XXX'er is ok to step up his game and finally become an intermediate skier!

The front end of this next storm is gonna be good. Tomorrow is gonna be a pow thursday.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Will you be in the area D? Or Pow King?

PK is showing no new snow... watching the radar and storm trackers everything has flowed south. PG is looking at a couple more 30+ days so I am thinking local touring is gonna be where the magic happens. Although I do find myself wanting to be on a hut trip right now. Enjoy the "crowds" at the hills.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

the PT actuialy said try some xc skiing and so we did a couple laps into the O-zone this AM ...thats xc skiing eh?

-2 & CAVU, 1st tracks into 6-0 with half a meter of blower

Ceiling And Visability Unlimited is an aeronautical term and the runs in the out of bounds or "O-zone" are named 6-0/7-0/8-0/ angle parking/9-0

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    The pnw legends of the padded seats are pow wowing over a bum rush to Shames!
    I got's space and a roof for em!! I also got an old buddy who's flying into Sea town (from Germany) on Friday Feb 13. Looking to ski Feb 14 and 15. He's renting a car, can i hit someone up for a tour guide gig, and possible couch space?? Awesome dude, that has more stories than me...

www.mymountaincoop.ca

-11 in town. 10cms on the ground. Yeeeahhhhaaa

Environment Canada weather "SNOW WARNING"

3000m of descending inbounds freshpow at Hudson Bay Mountain was adequate for needs. 38cms new in 24 hours. 18 cars in the parking lot. Northern BC rocks! Smithers rocks! It's still coming down. 15cms predicted

20cms new blower in Smithers Tourism​ 45cms new in Visit Terrace​! Powmageddon in Northern British Columbia​

The North is delivering freshpow. 20cms new was 35 cms of powdersnow in the trees with wind transport. 38 cars in the parking lot at Hudson Bay Mountain so it was positively packed but that was good as it wasn't quite so much work to ski the 75+ cms of new in 48 hours when you had someone's tracks to pock up speed before annihilating pillows.

A bit colder today so snow was lighter due to - 15c temps. 6new forecasted tonight. Not too late to hop on the discount HawkAir fares and get up to Northern British Columbia

^ that looks fun. glad someone is getting some. nice to see temps with a minus sign.

the wife and i are seriously considering taking advantage of that hawkair 2 for 1 deal and heading up there. totally unfamiliar with northern BC though. smithers or terrace (the only 2 options by hawkair)? smithers looks like it has the bigger resort of the two. if we do go, it won't be until next weekend though and it looks like there might be a dry spell until then. what's the slackcountry touring like off of hudson bay mtn? been to that hankin evelyn touring spot with cut runs and a warming hut and everything? looks amazing but we won't have a car to get there.

^ someone else can speak to Terrace, as for Smithers- those pics of Lee and Sharon - are in HBM "slack country" - they are just accessible wo skinning. Just a bit of a flat shuffle. It is technically out of bounds though.

The forecast is for flurries- but even without anything just wind transfer and a general lack of people- it will still be sick next weekend.

You can rent a car at the airport - I would book in advance and go with 4wd if Hankin is in your plans. But HBM has a bus on weekends- and it is a bus. You might call Brian (who got Hankin started) at the Stork's Nest - he used to drive guests out to Hankin on occasion- I don't know if that is a regular service or not.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    The pnw legends of the padded seats are pow wowing over a bum rush to Shames!
    Yup, looking forward to a z-/powslut TR some time soon.