Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 1946
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    voted. good luck. hope to visit again next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    ditto.
    Brit, Norse thank you guys so much!!! I'll be sooo happy to welcome you guys back! You have a place to stay always.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    sucks man hope you find some money

HBM went thru that last season, big breakdowns on the chair & cat, wind events, new covid but i think they are good this year
    Yeah Al, puts a damper on what would have been a great season for the coop.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

I put in my vote and spread the word, Gary.

Speaking of voting, we fulfilled our end of the deal down here so how about that border, eh? I’ve heard the skiing is mighty fine this year in the land of maple leaves, free of pesky foreign powivores! Hope all is well

Voted Gary- will do so again at work!

Voted! Maybe next year I'll finally rip up there for a mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    I put in my vote and spread the word, Gary.

Speaking of voting, we fulfilled our end of the deal down here so how about that border, eh? I’ve heard the skiing is mighty fine this year in the land of maple leaves, free of pesky foreign powivores! Hope all is well
    Thanks my friend. Yeah it's been pretty damn good. We have had our share of out of province visitors, which is kind of disapointing given the health directives, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    Voted Gary- will do so again at work!
    Cheers Hutz!

Quote Originally Posted by LSeed View Post
    Voted! Maybe next year I'll finally rip up there for a mission.
    Thank you, it'd be great to ski with you up here man!

So we've been pretty lucky to have continued stormage. I finally got to do a little BC run off the hill with the missus today, as Maisie is old enough to spend an hour or so in the truck on her own. Only one pair of glasses had to die because of our mission. But at least I got to take a couple of pics of Viv skiing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210301_214930167.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	365522

Name:	PXL_20210301_214933396.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	461.5 KB 
ID:	365523

Primo conditions today.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Maisie is now old enough to leave in the truck for 1.5 hours unattended. So me and the missus did a little tour with Swissific and his mate. Although no photo evidence exists for the Swiss one and his gal, I did get a couple of shots of my better half.

Name:	PXL_20210322_215320014.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	368609

Name:	PXL_20210322_215320607.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	368610

Name:	PXL_20210322_215322339.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	368611

And just to prove to you fuckers that I am getting out, even with a fucked knee - here's me:

Name:	PXL_20210322_215357495.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	207.6 KB 
ID:	368612

A rare photo of my skis off the ground I might add. Shames has been absolutely amazing the last month (well season really). It just keeps dumping. Gotta be 4.5m at mid station now, 10m in the alpine I bet. Another 30cms forecast for tomorrow and a storm on the way for the weekend.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

So it's now a week later and we had another storm roll through and dump another 50 or 60 cms. It's just been such a great season and we've another storm on the horizon for closing weekend. The mid mountain base will be close to 5m at the end of the season, and that's an indicator of a very above average year for us. What's also been good about the season is that we didn't have more than a week of arctic outflow and temps only got down to about -15 or -20C (as opposed to -25 or colder, which happens). All in all had a great year even with a fucked knee so I am pleased.

Name:	PXL_20210328_212314077.jpg 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	369667
    Swissific having fun in the sun yesterday.

Name:	PXL_20210328_212316141.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	369668

Name:	PXL_20210328_212333360.jpg 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	369669
    Laura enjoying the views and 40cm of blower in Almost April

Name:	PXL_20210328_232156020.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	333.2 KB 
ID:	369670
    The missus having a good day eh.

Name:	PXL_20210328_204429307.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	369671
    Laura and Swissific giving salutations to you all.

Today me and the wife and dog skied Hankin-Evelyn. An amazing little backcountry cut run project conceived and developed by and amazing guy named Brian Hall. It was Masie and my second time there and conditions were every bit as good the first time. Vivian really enjoyed her maiden ski at this cool little spot.

Name:	PXL_20210329_203754330.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	369672

Name:	PXL_20210329_203648346.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	369673
    Vivian and Maisie

Name:  PXL_20210329_203645453.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  121.9 KB

Maisie in her glory. I'm going to post this in the faces doggies make thread too. Cause she's so great.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Amazing G! Conditions and pics. Great closer of Maisie. She's so focused on getting after it

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Well, the snow is starting to fly in the alpine around here these days so I thought I'd post up a word-stoke hill update. There are some pretty big, exciting changes up at the resort this year with Shames now being part of the Ikon Pass group and also Mountain Collective. Also very happy to note that we've been bought by Vail Corp - that is excellent news for us coop shareholders up here as we'll be getting a $23,000 per person share buyout!

OK not. But we did get some pretty generous donations and the grant writers were very very busy over the last couple of years. What I'm the most happy about is a new Magic Carpet replacing the old unfriendly handle tow that would devour beginners. This also meant we now have a way up for tubers (not potatoes, though I suppose it could be used for that...) to enjoy sliding down a hill and we built tube lanes. So this fits nicely with our "Inclusive" conerstone. Even non-skiers can enjoy the hill (and lodge, and hopefully will buy beer and french fries). With such new technology I now feel comfortable inviting Bunny to ski our fine hill given his ski lift crashing inclinations. We also believe the beginner terrain this conveyor lift services should prove manageable for him

Anyway - we're happy. But I'm happiest about another big new thing we've got going for this season and that's a new Prinoth Bison snowcat. Yep, not even a new to us, a real, warrantied, Pinroth'll fix her if it pukes new SNOWCAT. An operating snowcat is critical for our hill to function in the winter so this should be a big stress reliever to our wunderkind GM who works hard enough all year.

But what I'm happiest about is a new parking lot. Be god damned if one of our amazing board members didn't sniff out a CERIP grant to allow us to construct (drill and blast) a new 120 spot parking lot; plus we created 30 new spots in the lower lot as well. I got turned back at the switchback last year because we ran out of parking so this evil outrage shall not be inflicted upon my person again.

The thing that makes me the happiest though, is the new (started last year) member led initiative to develop a bunch of backcountry terrain adjacent to our ski area. I was originally on this committee, but of course since I've left they've actually gotten somewhere. The really cool thing about developing this terrain is that a bunch of it is focussed on the beginner/intermediate backcountry skier. Given the explosion of people now skiing out of bounds we think the terrain will be very appealing to many. Low to no avi hazard; obvious glading for your descents; marked exits and exit trails.

We've had a bunch of ridiculously dedicated volunteers put in countless hours that will allow us to glade and limb a new area easily accessable off the top of our lifts. These runs end up dumping you down at the bottom where our fearless team of fallers and vollies will be opening up new and improved exit trails to get you back to the bottom of the lifts pain free. Of course the maniacal tireless leader of these shenanigans is Brad Z, who if you've met him or seen him in TGR movies is the Tasmanian Devil of ski stoke. Anyway, it's the start of something very new and very exciting for our little area. This is year one of a multiyear program

So yeah about $2mil in projects, not counting a bunch of in-bounds limbing we got done by the wildfire guys as they trained their guys on chainsaw stuff early season but including - a new loader, a new big ass building for snow cat storage, sand storage and maint shop stuff... Damn it's shaping up to be a helluva year up there this season. I should be around most of the season if anyone's coming up this way (covid protocols willing), love to show you around and hey if it works I could have a bed or at least a couch for ya.
    Le tits now!
    Last edited by garyfromterrace; 10-03-2021 at 02:33 PM. Reason: fact checking complete

www.mymountaincoop.ca

^^ Good stuff Gary, hope y'all have a great season!
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Amazing. Shames is on my list this winter for sure!

Thanks Frush! Look forward to skiing a line with you Gcooker, it's easy peasy to get here from YVR eh!

Something I didn't note in my rant was that I believe this is the largest capital investment that's ever been done up there (including the original ski area construction, but excluding the original access road construction). It's pretty fucking cool that a little non-profit ski coop accomplished this and it's a good thing for aspiring non-profit ski areas to know. Dream big.

Condition update:
    Name:  shames yesterday.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  153.8 KB

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Thx for the update Gary. Well done Shames folks. Looking forward to my annual visit!

Eric Dufresne

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Thx for the update Gary. Well done Shames folks. Looking forward to my annual visit!

Eric Dufresne
    Thanks Eric, love to have you and the 2 other amigos again. Got new digs now too, every bit as crash friendly for buddies.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

w00000t!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Very w00table update!

where did Shames get all the money is the big question in my mind ?!
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

where did Shames get all the money is the big question in my mind ?!
    Grants and donations my friend. No mystery or subterfuge here.
    edit. Actually 2 of the things were not grants and donations. The new snowcat, and the new (to us) loader. We financed the cat (following a board level cost comparison of used vs new), and we got an excellent deal on the used loader.

yeah we got some grant $ for mtn biking

how is your knee BTW ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Great shames segment in the new MSP movie. Pretty cool and looks like good terrain. Taking troller heli skiing was a great way to show appreciation for him showing the crew around Shames.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Would love that Gary!

Name:	IMG_4456.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	417.9 KB 
ID:	388811

Crater Lake on Sunday with the bro in law from San Fran.

yeah we got some grant $ for mtn biking

how is your knee BTW ?
    Pretty good these days I think. Thanks for asking man. Been biking a fair bit with Maisie in a bid to strengthen it up for the season and got a new fancy dancey brace coming in a couple of weeks so that should help.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Great shames segment in the new MSP movie. Pretty cool and looks like good terrain. Taking troller heli skiing was a great way to show appreciation for him showing the crew around Shames.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yeah cool, I saw the teaser portion and can't wait to see the movie. Adrian is a super chill guy and nicest man ever. And, he rips.

Name:	IMG_4456.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	417.9 KB 
ID:	388811

Crater Lake on Sunday with the bro in law from San Fran.
    Jesus, getting close to go time there! Word on Shames is skins on at tower 12, probably getting snowed on again tonight though so hopefully it's coming down as it should. Nice you could take the city folk out AP!

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Pretty good these days I think. Thanks for asking man. Been biking a fair bit with Maisie in a bid to strengthen it up for the season and got a new fancy dancey brace coming in a couple of weeks so that should help.

Yeah cool, I saw the teaser portion and can't wait to see the movie. Adrian is a super chill guy and nicest man ever. And, he rips.

Jesus, getting close to go time there! Word on Shames is skins on at tower 12, probably getting snowed on again tonight though so hopefully it's coming down as it should. Nice you could take the city folk out AP!
    Skins on at tower 12??? So are you guys actually skiing there?

Skins on at tower 12??? So are you guys actually skiing there?
    Well not really. Just Travis and who ever he convinces to go with him this time of year. It helps to know where the heather lay when you ski in Oct up there. But anyway, yeah there's folks skiing above the T and some of the heathery patches down deliverance side. Some turns looked pretty damn good too.

www.mymountaincoop.ca