Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1946
    No swap in YXT lads. Too bad, but at least we have a season! Good luck with the sale Hutz.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post

It’s kind of weird going over it. Odd questions like - how’d such a powerful skier have such skinny calves! And this is a very interesting use of duct tape. I did a buckle replacement on the white dynafits- he had the buckle but never got round to replacing the broken ones- which was wired and bodged in the most creative bush fix I’ve seen in a while. Wonder what the story behind that one was...
    A skier with a lawyering probelm, you know how that goes eh ?

in any case in the bars and massage parlors i frequent I am putting the word out
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Though not a ski mission, we did go for an awesome hike with Bill and Laurie from Hazelton into the Roche de Boule via the Laura Creek Trail. Felt like winter. Great hike that gets you into some wonderful ski terrain. Then ate too much edible and had a great evening playing shuffleboard at Curly's Bar.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201016_144158.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	344309
    Laurie and Missus GfT heading up.

Name:	IMG_20201016_145948.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	344310
    Bill hydrating, or lubricating more accurately.

Name:	IMG_20201016_140050.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	344312
    Our high point. A little teaser as to the superb skiing prospects in the area.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Well a bit of a late start but what the hell, I figure the season is upon us now and conditions were pretty groovy up there yesterday. I got first tracks up the road which hasn't happened like ever. That was cool.

Name:	IMG_20201109_095127.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	347272

Name:	IMG_20201109_103355.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	347273

About 30cms at tower 6. But it was snowing lightly, so if I took my time perhaps it will accumulate more and be skiable. I optimistically concluded.

Name:	IMG_20201109_110014.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	347274
    Hangover needs a wee bit more snow.

Burnt Trees was my objective and it skied well. There was about 30cms of storm snow, heard some lads talking about some slides on a similar aspect (but higher).

Name:	IMG_20201109_124543.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	347275

Name:	IMG_20201109_133030.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	347276

Name:	IMG_20201109_133656.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	347277

Name:	IMG_20201109_134142.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	882.6 KB 
ID:	347278
    Kermode Cut skied just fine.
    Caution was the word today and I did manage to ski back to the truck. Minimal thwacks to the rock skis honest to christ. Pretty good turns up there for early Nov.

Name:	IMG_20201109_140847.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	820.2 KB 
ID:	347279
    The road out wasn't too tracked out.

Looking forward to a great season. Hope you guys are getting some elsewhere in the region and elsewhere in the hemisphere, and even planet.
    Got new puppy, must sleep now.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Tentatively planning a trip in the new year, the last week of January for about 10 days. Tentatively because of covid19 of course .... but looking for some advice on how to breakdown our ski days. Searched the thread a bit before asking, but didn't come across any suggestions.

We are planning on flying into Smithers and renting a vehicle. Skiing Hudson Bay Mt and Hankin-Evelyn, then driving up to Terrace to ski Shames. I am thinking 3-4 days in Smithers and 3 days in Shames? We are both backcountry skiers. Thanks

GF was looking at flights today and it looked like flying in/out of terrace might be cheaper than flying in/out of Smithers, i think terrace is cheaper but then it costs us a tank of fuel to drive to Terrace, but for you It might not matter since you wana hit both towns so check that angle out

Time you wana spend in both towns sounds about right but you wana wait an see how the snow and the weather is

Name:	IMG_8826.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	531.7 KB 
ID:	348429

Gentlemen and Ladies - I believe it begins!

Its totally going off here which usually means

its not going off anywhere else

A good time to own a snowblower

a bad time to have a facked knee

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Its totally going off here which usually means

its not going off anywhere else

A good time to own a snowblower

a bad time to have a facked knee
    ...ahem...
    Sorry about your joint bro!

Al,
    You guys did get more than we did last dump! congrats man. And, what the fuck with your knee? We talking season my friend? Vibes if so.
    Shames was nice today. And, wicked crowd what with my son, swissific and our buddy Jaimie. Nice day to be outside.

Name:	IMG_20201118_124236.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	986.2 KB 
ID:	348708
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201118_123128.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	348707  

www.mymountaincoop.ca

6 weeks post ACL reconstruction and its doing really good but the deal is no skiing for 8 months

i bought a Fat bike with all the money i am saving by not skiing and riding it around in the snow

J man and L man are out there running over stumps and getting in avalanches

powder king has openned!

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Tentatively planning a trip in the new year, the last week of January for about 10 days. Tentatively because of covid19 of course .... but looking for some advice on how to breakdown our ski days. Searched the thread a bit before asking, but didn't come across any suggestions.

We are planning on flying into Smithers and renting a vehicle. Skiing Hudson Bay Mt and Hankin-Evelyn, then driving up to Terrace to ski Shames. I am thinking 3-4 days in Smithers and 3 days in Shames? We are both backcountry skiers. Thanks
    Hey man your split looks fine. You could reverse it and that would be fine too. It's all good up here if you get lucky and hit it right. I'll show you shames if I can.

Update at shames today - was a busy february day in the parking lot. Upper lot full and cars in the lower lot. A bit weird for november though. I've never seen the likes of it. It's amazing that everyone is getting out but it's a bit weird. Andy L and I were reminiscing when there was 20 ski tourers in town. Hey, progress I say. Anything to get the lifts spinning 7 days a week I say!

In other news my new puppy (and additional) love of my life got introduced to Shames and had her first mountain ski touring day. Albiet 50 vertical feet and about 500m distance.

Name:	IMG_20201120_124625 (2).jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	985.3 KB 
ID:	349360

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Headed up today to check out the damage the latest little temp bump has inflicted. Rain to about the top of chair then snow above. Avi conditions are going to be spicey given the temp spike and more rain/snow in the forecast.

Name:	shames toward middle cr.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	351226

Coverage is more than adequate. This recent warming trend though making things scarey in the short term will provide a great base.

Name:	wolverine tracks.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	816.2 KB 
ID:	351227

Wolverine tracks on the skin track today

Name:	touring with Maisie.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	351228

My new pup Maisie now has 4 days chasing me on skis. So much fun, so much energy...
    Fuckin, love it.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

The conditions were not the best but HBM opened last weekend and it was great to put in a weekend double header with the kiddos.

Nice dog Gary

Thanks AP, she's just soooo much fun. Loving the dog life, been 50 years since I had a puppy .

Name:	IMG_20201209_125745_1.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	352823
    More Maisie (and mrs gft).

Shames opened last weekend to similar conditions to HBM. Sure nice to spin laps with lifts though! Covid protocols all worked fine, everybody doing what they needed to do. No lineups, which was great.

Sorry you're seeing AB plates in town AP (with redneck accoutrements no less, idiots) sure hope they're not tourists. Haven't seen many here, but not really getting out that much...

Stay safe over there Smithers guys, looks like the covids hit the schools here damn it.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Got out to Seaton on Sunday. Worth the tripClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1608010174.976601.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	352940

So it appears first world problems have come to Shames. We had to turn away folks 2 days in a row due to lack of parking. Brought on in a large part because of Covid, but also skiing has been insanely good, more skiers (we sold a lot of passes this year). I guess in a way it's a good problem to have, but when you get turned back from skiing and it's not that late in the day, there is much sadness. In the mean time, please stay away from our ski hill. Thank you.

PS well not xxxer, AP, Bill, L man, hutz and that sub-tribe east of us of course.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

I think HBM is also doing really well this year

I'm doing fine in the bubble here with Siddhartha the drooling cat who is finding spiritual enlightenment thru the killing of rodents & birds but i digress

the Covid is being moved around by the mega projects, CGL / site C

I quit going to the brew pubs & drinking with the L-man

I'm bubbling alone or with GF till shit gets less intense

can't ski anyhow but the knee is really good

There were actual lineups at HBM today. Like people in line ... waiting. Haven’t seen that since the 80s. Skiing made it worthwhile.

GTFO !

Tony sez he took one look in the p-lot and went home ... must have been bad

Just throwing this up in case any of you lot might be interested and not have heard of it yet: http://bvcf.ca/about-us/news/the-bvc...-memorial-fund

Any idea what the fund will be used for ? I got a little cash to thro at that

did you find new homes for all Paul's gear ?

Northern BC 2013/2014 Stoke, Conditions

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Any idea what the fund will be used for ? I got a little cash to thro at that

did you find new homes for all Paul's gear ?
    They say this:

“The Fund will support organizations that promote outdoor physical activities, environmental initiatives, children and families, and support for marginalized populations throughout the Bulkley Valley.”

The partner at the coal mine was a director of the Bulkley foundation a few years back and I think they will find the right projects. Generally folks apply and the foundation adjudicates - so if you know of a project tell them about the fund. The better the proposals the better the result. I am kinda mulling over a couple ideas actually.

I have a pair of Nordica Enforcer 100s left. I took them for a couple laps and enjoyed them but I don’t really have a spot in the quiver for them or I’d buy them myself- everything else has been re-homed. Including the boots and skis in the pic on the link I think.