Page 6 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    That looks like a whole heap load of snow

garyfromcowtownandterrace;
    My Mtn Co-op FB page says over 300 cm of new snow (measured once every 24h) at Shames t-bar bottom between Dec 14th and Jan 2nd.
    Last edited by ed nauseum; 01-05-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Been at PK all week. 20 cms here... 36 cms there. Insanely deep snow. Resort skiing 1st thing, ski touring after crossing your own tracks more than once and then neck deep sunset sled touring to top it all off. Nobody there over the holidays. Probably heading back up for round two when that pineapple express out in the pacific hits the coastal deflector shield and smashes into that northern arctic cold; pounding out more neck deep blower. The coast is a bad joke this season.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

thanks for the updates.

it's about all this norcal splitter has too look forward to this year. A crew is coming up for a week in early March. Can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

Polly & I decided the "which is better terrace or smithers" hatchet needs to be buried cuz its just so awesume to have it all SO the plan is for more of the cross cultural exchangesK
    Couldn't agree more on the hatchet burial. Localism blows. As a Smithers skier who loves the scene around here, let me state for the record that Shames, and the entire Terrace scene is f*#king awesome. Tons of good folks, insane snow, sick terrain, safety meetings galore. Terrace rocks and I find myself spending more and more time there. They bought their own ski hill for f*#k's sake. How can anyplace that pulls that off not be cool!

pffffft what evar, Smidder is the bestest. Everyone that moves there from PG knows that.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Hey AP you should have been at the sausage fest pretty much the whole ski scene was in attendance AND ... so many blonde women in Terrace
    Last edited by XXX-er; 01-07-2014 at 07:19 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Sorry I missed it. And while i'm making bold declarations let me also state for the record that I aspire to be just like xxx-er. Partially for his gentleman skier lifestyle, but mostly for the uncanny babe magnetism he posseses.

ACTUALY ... I think i remind them of their fathers

The training is going very well, the feet feel good, I feel stronger/more positive than last year

we should ski very soon!

just came back from 2+ weeks in rossland over the holidays....they need intense amounts of snow down there, in my opinion. even the 2 touring days i got in (kootenay pass & a rossland range hike) were full of rocks, windblown junk, and angry ski bases. "i skied Red and all i got were these lousy core shots."

i'm back up in quesnel and glad to see decent amounts snow in the cariboo! planning a weekend trip up to powder king for the 31st of january, and 1st of feb. anyone have any suggestions of where to stay while up there? will be just me and the ladyfriend, planning to ride inbounds on that trip. assuming the hostel is the cheapest/easiest bet?

after that weekend, i'm keen to tour any other weekends with anyone living somewhat close to quesnel.

snow!!

Back in the day 8yrs ago(?) it used to be if you are in the bar ask for Dar she did all the rentals in and around the base of the hill, i will see if I can fine her ph#

I rented her basement suite one dark & stormy night ... -37C

Back in the day 8yrs ago(?) it used to be if you are in the bar ask for Dar she did all the rentals in and around the base of the hill, i will see if I can fine her ph#

I rented her basement suite one dark & stormy night ... -37C
    Thanks, XXX. Called the ski hill earlier today... "Only have about 4 rooms left for the 2 nights you're after." Might just bite the bullet and go that route. $55/night isn't terrible, even if just a dorm room with no bedding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using TGR Forums

I have never been in Chateau Atco but apparently the place always smells like someone just burned a fatty, 55 is damn cheap

I stayed there awhile back... Probably '03 or so, before it was renovated. Certainly not luxury accommodations (that's not why people go to PK) but a lot better than driving pine pass after a snowstorm.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

I recently took a shower at Hotel Atco. No foot fungus yet, but the pounding sound of feet walking around a trailer seemed like it would keep you up all night. Bartender, Shawn, seemed pretty dialed into the local PK scene. Phone him up and ask about a Toon Town cabin rental. You will still be paying $2 to shower at Hotel Atco, but those little cabins are ski bum culture at its finest.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

No tweaker attacks in the night? ... they must have improved their staff choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Pit View Post
    staff choices.
    A bunch of Frenchies running the lifts. Upper Toon Town seemed sketch, but I think Biker Bob has a pretty solid handle on things in Toon Town proper and nobody fucked with our shit.

this is too funny!!! there is a sketch part of midvale called toon town!!!!

Is the old Azu day lodge still used for staff accommodations? about 15yrs ago, we used to sneak in late and stay in the attic, lots of mattress stored there, toilet and shower, almost as nice as the Atco.
    Also, up the road a bit, Azouzetta Lake Lodge has cabins for rent, nice enough place if the lady friend prefers something like that over Atco.

....or you could just roll down the road to the Junction for some sweet less than 1 star diggs!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1524856_372559982881644_1376491305_n.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	148342

AST 2 Course : Feb 3-6, 2014

This course will be town based out of Smithers, touring into several areas in the Bulkley Valley. Course base price is $650+tax. There are several options for extras such as a heli drop 1 day for access, or snowmobile access or an overnighter somewhere. Cost would be extra for this, only if all participants are keen on the option.

9 degrees in Smithers today. WTF!?!

it's been ridiculously warm everywhere around here the last couple days. however, legit pow day at Troll resort on saturday before the temps started rising. apparently sunday was even better - according to a buddy who toured around devil's canyon in 'more-than-waist-deep' white stuff.

i'm impressed, cariboo!

monday wasn't too bad got some good turns in evelyn decided to take tuesday off which was the good strategy cuz and it rained/blew big time

wednesday at hankin was hideous shmoo / run wide fallen trees down low BUT just like everything ... once you got high enough it was OK

today toured up to the hill with AP and it was some of yer more challenging skiing but that snow all has to get skied so what the fucked eh?

monday wasn't too bad got some good turns in evelyn decided to take tuesday off which was the good strategy cuz and it rained/blew big time

wednesday at hankin was hideous shmoo / run wide fallen trees down low BUT just like everything ... once you got high enough it was OK

today toured up to the hill with AP and it was some of yer more challenging skiing but that snow all has to get skied so what the fucked eh?
    trail to town still ok, or a skating rink?

Did they groom it out wall to wall like they said they were going to for this weekend?