Page 61 of 78 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1946
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Well done sir.
    Thanks Brit! Miss ya buddy, you'll love the new pad. Come on up eh!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Massively annoying that the amhs ferry service has stopped going to Prince Rupert!
    Looks like fun down there.

Quote Originally Posted by wendigo View Post
    Massively annoying that the amhs ferry service has stopped going to Prince Rupert!
    Looks like fun down there.
    Yeah, that sucks. Where are you at mate? How're things up north so far this year? I'm heading to the Tordrillos in April.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Thanks Brit! Miss ya buddy, you'll love the new pad. Come on up eh!
    Little bald Canuck devil on my shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

juneau, had wind gusts today of 160+ kpm
    skiing looks like

Yeah, that sucks. Where are you at mate? How're things up north so far this year? I'm heading to the Tordrillos in April.
    The canadian dollar goes that far?

Looking good up there Gary. Been lurking on this for a while and moved downs south but one of these winters I'm going to get back up to Terrace for a big storm cycle!

Jan 7 and 8 were spent skiing with Josh's Dad Jaimie. Took the phone out for a couple of picture one of the days at least. We headed back to North Bowl for one of our laps. Snow wasn't as good as the day before, but still pretty decent.

Attachment 311009

Jaimie heading down.

Attachment 311010

The second pitch of North Bowl.

Attachment 311011

Attachment 311012
    That first shot is really beautiful, thanks!
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Little bald Canuck devil on my shoulder.

Well said mate!

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    The canadian dollar goes that far?
    haha, absolutely not. One of those - “If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do" kind of things". Plus I'm old, if I wait much longer, I'll be dead. It boiled down to a "stupid thing you say on a chairlift at Red Mtn and your buddy holds you to it" sort of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by skiersteve View Post
    Looking good up there Gary. Been lurking on this for a while and moved downs south but one of these winters I'm going to get back up to Terrace for a big storm cycle!
    Yeah, do it. big storm coming!

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    That first shot is really beautiful, thanks!
    Thanks man, hard to take a bad shot with the scenery we have (but I do manage, mostly).

Hey, check this out:

Guy is my hero, and he lives in my backyard now! It's awesome. AND, his dog kissed me a month or so back! Fuck yeah!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Hart Highlands...didn't even know that place existed.

I was going to mention the Hart again. That’s where this guy got his start!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7369.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	155.0 KB 
ID:	311332

Very proud moment getting to see his first appearance in the World Cup at Nakiska today.

I like to think I had a bit to do with his total disregard for personal safety.

Proud Uncle moment!

^^
    Right on Hutz

After being closed for 6 days due normal mid-week closures and arctic outflow winds, Shames was next level good today. I think I may have had one of my best days ever on the board. Face shots all fucking day and snow that could be described as triple-overhead-black-mamba-angel-fart-unicorn-sneeze-Japow-blower-mind fuck. It was truly bloody amazing. Tomorrow will be very good also with another 30cm or so likely by morning. Another storm forecast starting Wednesday. Jesus ever loving christ it's been so good this year.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Hit skeena cat for their opening. I. Can’t. Even. Sooooo good.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Well it wasn't cat skiing or "triple-overhead-black-mamba-angel-fart-unicorn-sneeze-Japow-blower-mind fuck", but HBM did ski exceptionally well well today.

hey Gary skeena catski e-mailed me with extra spots on the cat which i would have been all over if I had 2 working knees
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

^^^ I heard about your knee. What's up man? Is it serious?

probably out for 6 weeks and then 3 weeks on vaca so out 9 weeks

I kacked it the day I seen you in the bar last

managed to ski out and I was walking with those ski poles under the table
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Sorry to hear, XXX'er; heal up fast.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    probably out for 6 weeks and then 3 weeks on vaca so out 9 weeks

I kacked it the day I seen you in the bar last

managed to ski out and I was walking with those ski poles under the table
    Fuck dude! Sorry to hear and heal fast man. Makes my little knee tweak pale in comparison. I was able to brace it up and throw the board on, don't feel it at all with that strategy.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Word on the street is that the road will only be plowed to 18 km fro the rest of the winter. My source is the aforementioned crown attorney and I don't know where he is getting his intel from but that dude is pretty plugged in to anything to do with skiing so I am inclined to believe him.

Quote Originally Posted by mb9fdb View Post
    Word on the street is that the road will only be plowed to 18 km fro the rest of the winter. My source is the aforementioned crown attorney and I don't know where he is getting his intel from but that dude is pretty plugged in to anything to do with skiing so I am inclined to believe him.
    what road?
    Master of mediocrity.

Nick the teacher was subbing at my school today and mentioned that he met Gary last weekend at Shames. I got to telling him how much fun we skiing had skiing and hanging out with Gary and it struck me that holy sh*t, did we ever have fun on x-mass trip to Terrace! Thanks again Gary. I am hereby adding another Shames trip to buy winter agenda.

First off, i copy/pasted text from facebook and changed the color to lavender....can anyone read this on their phones/computer? if not, please advise on what to do to change color automatically to synch with whatever is supposed to be used here.

Nite mission up near the border on the Hyder side. Sublime, magical view down from 700 feet above the Portland Canal under a clear, moonlit sky. Twas a lot of suffering to get there...but, worth it in the end.

Ascent was through steep, cliff band ridden forest. Snow was breakable rain crust over double pen snow beneath. Conditions were some of the worst and most fatiguing post holing yet experienced. That part sucked.

There were definitely positives though. The ski drag system worked amazingly well for the bushwhacking and ducking under logs/weaving through trees and schnarb. Body led the way and skis trailed like a dog's tail...no hangups on branches, twigs, blueberry bushes, etc....

On the descent, everything was hunky dory with the fat volkl kuros happy to pivot and slarve on top of the crust in open areas. However, back in the tighter forest part, I had to problem solve one particularly heinous steep, narrow unskiable and somewhat unwalkable section. Figured out a new 'special conditions' descending technique to dump vert in unskiablely narrow and bush choked steeps. Strap ski tips together, splay the tails a bit to create a V shaped package. Sit yer ass down on the top sheet and use hands to hold onto a little leash from ski tips. Use feet as brakes. The narrow part of the V at ski tips helps guide skis while weaving through bushes and trees.

It's the new Ghettowerx "bareback bull riding" system.
    Yet another......GAME CHANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gazing out over portland canal from elevation 680 feet asl
    Name:  P1120637.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  80.0 KB

ski drag system for the ascent
    Name:  P1120635.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  91.1 KB

descending...hurt biz..........

Name:  P1120645.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  40.3 KB

bareback bull riding
    Name:  P1120646.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  62.3 KB

Master of mediocrity.

After 12 seasons of workin' for lfh in stewart, i still get the euphoric emo-awe waves of appreciation gazing at the views from town.

Name:  P1120647.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  99.2 KB

Name:  50405236_1223247864481215_609584420558471168_o.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  112.4 KB

Name:  27356410_985254211613916_5431221018039812719_o.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  140.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Master of mediocrity.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1561.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	314902

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    hey Gary skeena catski e-mailed me with extra spots on the cat which i would have been all over if I had 2 working knees
    Thanks buddy. Just saw this, however not in the budget for a senior on a fixed income

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Nick the teacher was subbing at my school today and mentioned that he met Gary last weekend at Shames. I got to telling him how much fun we skiing had skiing and hanging out with Gary and it struck me that holy sh*t, did we ever have fun on x-mass trip to Terrace! Thanks again Gary. I am hereby adding another Shames trip to buy winter agenda.
    Right on mate! That was so fucking much fun indeed, love to have you guys again. Trying to plan a trip to Smiths. You guys are 7 days a week now I hear. Conditions are just so good here right now, it's very difficult to leave. Great work on the cliff rapping as well, jealous of such great training attitudes, you guys rock and I'd love to do something spicy with you lads sometime (not to mention the 5000 as I'm still a virgin).

And, finally, Swissiphic showed up at my place with the full system as described above for a demo session for me and the wife. We are suitably impressed and both think he's on to something here. This is important because my wife is smart, and not an old burnt out hippie.

I hereby declare that I will try both the Dairyland Verts and the ski drag system. Go Guido! Go Ghettoworks!

www.mymountaincoop.ca