Page 50 of 78 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1946
    I was ok with the summer, (crazy heat and all) and then 4 or 5 days ago the flip switched and i am jonesin’ for winter. If one were desperate enough there are still exploitable patches hanging around. The ice above the Blue Lakes trail in Hazleton was still holding snow last time I laid eyes on it (2 weeks ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    I’m actually in California right now and for the first time ever my arrival here represented an improvement in air quality. rl]
    my condolences to your liver
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

My liver appreciates your sentiments. Especially as i write this, lying down, with one foot off the bed, trying to anchor myself to the ground, hoping these spins will go away. Awesome

My liver appreciates your sentiments. Especially as i write this, lying down, with one foot off the bed, trying to anchor myself to the ground, hoping these spins will go away. Awesome
    Expert.

Pretty damn good composition, grammar and spelling for a guy who presumably is face falling off high school drunk.
    Master of mediocrity.

Spins or not, grammar is important. What can I say, I’m a teacher.

his Cali visits alwasy involve a lot of boozing ...this is not his 1st rodeo

1st snow on hbm?

Name:  panorama.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  29.7 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

It was briefly snowing in PG this morning. I've never skiied in September before...

I was suposed to be packing forestry shit around up there on HBM in the rain and snow, glad the other guy stepped up, it will be gone pretty quick

in 95 they told me to fly up look around PG to see if I wanted to transfer up and it snowed in August ... I moved anyway

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    in 95 they told me to fly up look around PG to see if I wanted to transfer up and it snowed in August ... I moved anyway
    As you would
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastdan View Post
    It was briefly snowing in PG this morning. I've never skiied in September before...
    Super jealous. Sand/gravel skiing with the slightest little skiff of white slurpy topping would be sublime right about now. Still double digit highs in terrace, atm, so no hope of that happening 4 a while yet.
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Super jealous. Sand/gravel skiing with the slightest little skiff of white slurpy topping would be sublime right about now. Still double digit highs in terrace, atm, so no hope of that happening 4 a while yet.
    Your level of enthusiasm is one of a kind swiss. Nothing sticking yet, just some flakes blowing around but still enough to get me excited! But far from enough to make me want to ski down a gravel pit. Maybe try for some alpine turns later this month if this keeps up.

Name:  8DFB5AD9-F567-4768-9F53-0568DDD77149.jpeg
Views: 289
Size:  38.7 KB

It’s run cutting season at HBM. xxx-er firing up his saw.

I hurt a bit today but that first sesh always hurts, snowing lightly but I didnt get too cold or wet, I figured we had a 50% chance of getting up there with the summer tires, the winters go on this week ... a pretty good 1st day of cutting !

Nice work lads! Have to ask though; with all that snow did you guys bring the boards for some freshy schralping?
    Master of mediocrity.

So, buddy Brad just dotted the i's and crossed the t's on skiing not just every month of the year for many years running, but skied either fresh or very recently metamorphisized fresh snow in every month of the past three years. Kinda beyond northernbcstoke cause he sealed the deal up in the yukon close to mount logan. True winter light dry pow at end of aug and into the first week of sept. Said it got below minus 20 every night and air temps stayed below freezing through the day...solar effect was still strong so the cold dry snow was only preserved on north and northeast aspects. Their base camp wuz at 9000 feet+/-.

What an awesome mission, kudos to the man.

Master of mediocrity.

we don't even care about snow, gravel is where its at

Love checking in on this thread. Thats a pretty sketchy gravel line to ski without doing a pole whack on that dirt cornice, Swiss... ha
    May be heading up that way in a week or two for a job, will keep an eye here to see if it may be worth bringing the skis up...

So, buddy Brad just dotted the i's and crossed the t's on skiing not just every month of the year for many years running, but skied either fresh or very recently metamorphisized fresh snow in every month of the past three years. Kinda beyond northernbcstoke cause he sealed the deal up in the yukon close to mount logan. True winter light dry pow at end of aug and into the first week of sept. Said it got below minus 20 every night and air temps stayed below freezing through the day...solar effect was still strong so the cold dry snow was only preserved on north and northeast aspects. Their base camp wuz at 9000 feet+/-.

Yeeaahhh Brad! wicked "summer" turns indeed.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Quote Originally Posted by alive View Post
    Love checking in on this thread. Thats a pretty sketchy gravel line to ski without doing a pole whack on that dirt cornice, Swiss... ha
    May be heading up that way in a week or two for a job, will keep an eye here to see if it may be worth bringing the skis up...
    Yo Alive; lookin grim around Terrace for on snow turns for the next week or so...but damn...gravel pit conditions are all time!!! Hittin' a new zone 2 morrow. Cherry pickin first D's in every compass direction these days.
    Master of mediocrity.

OMG now I really want to go skiing.

OMG now I really want to go skiing.
    You didn't really want to go skiing before?

Now is the window for all time gravel skiing conditions around Terrace. Today's project.

So stoked to be back on the boards after a summer of too much heat, too many bugs and didn't have the right wax for the mountains and the gravel.

Master of mediocrity.

Guido. You know you're a freak right. I love you man.
    Coming to town for a day trip beginning of Oct. Give you more deets when I book flights.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Guido. You know you're a freak right. I love you man.
    Coming to town for a day trip beginning of Oct. Give you more deets when I book flights.

haha, bro hug right back atcha Gary! Lookin' forward to more urban jibbing sessions wit ya summer or winter when u move back!

Early Oct terrace trip eh? We could do a dual sport day; morning at wesach in fresh white/afternoon gravel pit session. Bring yer rock skis!
    Master of mediocrity.