Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    ^^
    Nice work showing the tourists around! Look very forward to meeting em.
    Can't ski tomorrow (appt w/ knee doc) but could show em around sat, sun, mon etc...
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

yeah G look for an older but fairly clean dark green dakota with canopy 2 guys and a girl just go up and ask em how Houston was
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

damn, I should've checked back here earlier! thanks for showing us the goods, we had tons of fun at elliott! only made it up to terrace for a day unfortunately, then had to high tail it back to revy for work. I'll have to come for longer next time, there's tons of exploring to be done up there, and I'd love to get into the alpine above hankin. all in all had a great trip, I'll be back next year!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2473.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	774.8 KB 
ID:	135287

Name:	DSCN2498.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	135288

Name:	DSCN2495.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	135289

Glad you had fun PF, we got up in the Hankin alpine yesturday in some blue bird weather

http://schussboomerdownhill.com/

Hey G wax up them long boards for the Shussboomer ^^

I skied the last couple of days with Aaron the writer,

sez he skied with a really funny guy named Gary

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Glad you had fun PF, we got up in the Hankin alpine yesturday in some blue bird weather

http://schussboomerdownhill.com/

Hey G wax up them long boards for the Shussboomer ^^

I skied the last couple of days with Aaron the writer,

sez he skied with a really funny guy named Gary
    Yeah buddy, I'll be there for the boomer - but i can't stay for the party. Band's got a gig in Rupert that night. going to try and ski with Bill on the friday before - you in? I'll see what Bill wants to do but I'm easy, and I've never skied Hankin yet. Alternate plan would be to hit Hudson's Bay on the Fri before.

So you got to play with Aaron eh? Hope he didn't mention my Norwegian Wood comment
    Yeah, nice dude - glad you got to guide him around. You guys have good conditions @ Hankin? Were you there for both days?
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Yeah buddy, I'll be there for the boomer - but i can't stay for the party. Band's got a gig in Rupert that night. going to try and ski with Bill on the friday before - you in? I'll see what Bill wants to do but I'm easy, and I've never skied Hankin yet. Alternate plan would be to hit Hudson's Bay on the Fri before.

So you got to play with Aaron eh? Hope he didn't mention my Norwegian Wood comment
    Yeah, nice dude - glad you got to guide him around. You guys have good conditions @ Hankin? Were you there for both days?
    Sure but what will happen on fridays is we have to put up the course and drank beer, those olympic legacy B-nets make course work much faster so last year it meant ... we drink more beer sooner

We did Hankin on saturday the weather was bluebird great for photo ops and I was the action model " I want to get that sign in with that feature behind it, uh back up a bit more more ok skin forward"click/click/click apparently there is a well composed picture of my ass somewhere on facebook

Aaron did some big days and I'm not recovered from the big day so it was nice to not be skiing uphill on sunday for a change AND we hit some free cat skiing which was a short hop behind the groomer top of lift to top of the O zone so we hit it just right, then buddy did the journalist thing and we scammed beer & appies from the hill, but really I think buddy is into the BC and a feature piece on Hankin so Brian is taking him back out there right now

I showed him lots of stuff including the xc area and gave buddy the low down, after taking it all in Aaron had the same opinion as you and I in that taken alone there is probably not any one thing in the north to make a destination but take all the really unique things like shames/ like the Hankin/ like smithers and what goes on at HBM and you do have a destination BUT he didn't say anything about the norwegian wood ...a new shames marketing strategy?
    Last edited by XXX-er; 03-26-2013 at 06:57 PM.

I showed him lots of stuff including the xc area and gave buddy the low down, after taking it all in Aaron had the same opinion as you and I in that taken alone there is probably not any one thing in the north to make a destination but take all the really unique things like shames/ like the Hankin/ like smithers and what goes on at HBM and you do have a destination BUT he didn't say anything about the norwegian wood ...a new shames marketing strategy?
    I think that's the same about the biking btw. Market the skeena-bulkley as a destination circle route and you got it.

Brian hooked Aaron up with tourism Gladys and I strongly suggested he also talk with Kevin on both the Hankin and all his grassroots initiatives in outdoor development cuz buddy is also a cyclist

http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whi...nt?oid=2453749

a nice artical in the Pique from a writer that was thru a while back and there is another writer coming thru on thursday ...everybody wants to write about the one and only BC resort

Skied the Eliot Glades today with Aaron and others. Nice guy. Glades are pretty skied out by the way (especially 9A).

Good job Angle, I think he liked our zone Thanks for the beta on 9A.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Buddy is from missoula which he likes because of the wilderness aspect, I never been there so I can't compare but Aaron commented that this place is a whole nuther level of remote wilderness

Buddy is from missoula which he likes because of the wilderness aspect, I never been there so I can't compare but Aaron commented that this place is a whole nuther level of remote wilderness
    It's funny how others perceive our locale to be so remote. Many relatives consider our neck of the woods to be impossibly isolated. They appreciate the beauty but can not understand why we would choose to live in such a place.
    Last edited by Angle Parking; 03-28-2013 at 11:35 PM.

nice writeup from a pretty high profile publication http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...r-8526219.html

^^ Nice little write up. Always nice to read things that go a little deeper than you standard "skiing was great, we got trashed" format,.

On the theme of write ups, Aaron (the writer mentioned above) was on assignment here for National Geographic. His piece was about 'secret ski towns'. It will be interesting to see what this piece and the wave of publicity PNW BC has been getting will do to skier visits around these parts.

I don't know how many rec DH's there are in N.A. I've heard Silver Star & HBM ?

http://www.schussboomerdownhill.com/...edmale2013.php

Yo AP we tied at 94KPH and Johnny Chaos went 97, I remounted Johnnies bindings so your wife boots would fit and those old blizzards looked the worst of the 3 pair so he must have better technique cuz he is pretty pinner

I thot I had broken 100 which was my goal (yes I set another goal) until I checked the results tonight so at least I was stoked for awhile and besides it was really fun

Garyfromterrace AKA localy as " Bongo Gary " clocked 107

I don't know how many rec DH's there are in N.A. I've heard Silver Star & HBM ?

http://www.schussboomerdownhill.com/...edmale2013.php

Yo AP we tied at 94KPH and Johnny Chaos went 97,
    I clocked in at 99 on my first run, but I guess that doesn't count. I too was aiming for 100. Word on the hill was that xxx-er had broken 100. What gives? Johnny does indeed have good technique. He impressed me with his tuck and so did Gary with 107. Nice work dude! Overall a great event and loads of fun. Hopefully they have something special lined up for the 30th next year.

^^
    Well done guys, another fun 'boomer under the belt. Liked the course this year, it was a little less turny than most. Had to leave early so didn't get to meet you AP. See you at schnai day!

Al, bad news about LBD (fuck), I found out that I committed to play a gig in terrace on the 21st. Sorry man, I wanted to do this. You should still go and hold the flag high I'll totally dial you into the crowd there and do the interwebz introductions.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Looked up the various LBD threads. What an awesome idea. Looks like a blast.

I skied a couple steeper/mogul runs on my 210's the day before the Schussboomer. It was some serious work (serious fun also). Despite the fun, I must profess my love for rocker, sidecut, wider skis and all the advances in ski technology of the last few decades.

May I propose gentleman that next year, after our Schussboomer runs, we head over to Cold Smoke in our racing suits and show the young folk how we threw down in the 80's.

15 cm's this past weekend at Hudson Bay Mountain. Great skiing and not a soul anywhere. Has everyone given up on the season? More snow in the forecast this week. Should be good for Schnai Day this weekend. Things appear to be setting up real nice for big lines also. Could be a great end to the season!

^^
    Good to hear AP! I'll be there sunday. sitting in Stewart as it pisses down tropical amounts of rain knowing it's snow up higher. Heli down today due to clag/rain. Tomorrow could be absolutely amazing...
    Heli assisted touring week day 3. Could be pulling out credit card tomorrow for "non" assisted day

www.mymountaincoop.ca

The latest issue of Off-Piste has an article on Heli-assisted touring. Sounds like the very best of both worlds. 6 more cm's at HBM this morning. Looks like i'm going night skiing tonight. Not quite as awesome as a heli show but i'll take my turns were i can get them. Enjoy the rest of your week.
    Last edited by Angle Parking; 04-09-2013 at 04:37 PM. Reason: poor grammar

A little apres hill shut down skiing and boarding. Conditions still most excellent. April 16, 2013. Shames BC.

Geronimo, Thunder and Super Bowls behind J.

Valley of Certain Doom to the right of my shoulder, Happy Valley to the left.

Crossing North Bowl

Near our destination - top of Blue Boy is the hump behind me on the right.

J coming down the first pitch.

Some fine form in the inch of corn.

Last of the steeper stuff.

Buttery goodness near the bottom of the valley.
    Last edited by garyfromterrace; 04-18-2013 at 03:16 AM.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Climbed out of the Valley and back up to the resort. Then skied my favorite hill run - Hangover.

J in her happy place.

Fine form I say.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Woke up to -2 the other morning. A few dustings of snow on HudsonBay Mountain (the mountain, not the ski hill) in the last couple of weeks as well. The treachery commonly referred to as summer is finally coming to an end.

spring/Summer/fall is just 7 months of bad skiing fo sure AP

we never made it to sweeney for summer glacier skiing or cut any ski run

When we last drank beer you were threatening to get a job

I got a job working on the straw bale house