Page 38 of 78 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Addendum to the above; 50 - 60 cm base. Coverage is darn good above 1400 M. Sweet turns into Crater Lake today. It is, as they say...the f*ck on!!!

Went skiing near McBride again yesterday. Just enough dust on the crust to make some good turns! Hoping we get some needed snowfall soon, but need to also remember that it is still only early November.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Addendum to the above; 50 - 60 cm base. Coverage is darn good above 1400 M. Sweet turns into Crater Lake today. It is, as they say...the f*ck on!!!
    So we finished up cutting NTR and the crew has moved to the skiers left of "Reality Check " ice fall which is more or less where you & I had talked about cutting some day, its a little lower on the hill so we can drive in ... much easier acess than NTR

we got a very strong crew of old farts who dig running the saw

It must be almost time to do a little skiing, we should go

call if you want yer shit fixed
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Nice good to hear. We went to PK Saturday, not sure why but we did was wet and heavy.

Seen some nice pics from out Smithers lately

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0193.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	740.1 KB 
ID:	192296Here's a shot of Crater Lake in Smithers from this AM. The snow line went up to about 1650 metres this week. Coverage above this is really good. Dudes were skiing the Crater face last weekend (centre- left of pick). Fairly gnarly terrain but it looks really tame with this 'coastal' type coverage. Unseasonably warm. Global warming blows but there are turns to be had for the motivated.
    Last edited by Angle Parking; 11-11-2016 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post

Name:	GOPR0193.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	740.1 KB 
ID:	192296Here's a shot of Crater Lake in Smithers from this AM. The snow line went up to about 1650 metres this week. Coverage above this is actually really good. Dude were skiing the face proper last weekend (centre of pick).
    That sounds a lot better then PG way. Maybe heading out that way tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using TGR Forums mobile app

Just so you know skiersteve, everything below the above mentioned 1650 is either complete garbage or very green (i.e.. no snow whatsoever). Don't want to mislead anyone. But like I said, if you can get up high the coverage is excellent and there are definitely real turns to be had.

Skied the face of Crater yesterday and it was pretty decent. A few sharks here and there but nothing to complain about. Our tracks are those off to the lookers left.

Also skied the shoulder to little Simpson today, wow. Did it ever warm up! Nice schmooey turns though.

Name:	15060444_10157702707970453_1902631149_o.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	192368

That looks goood

The Crater Lake area (including Terminator ridge) is a very cool zone. More often than not, it's wind blasted and loaded. This early season has provided an interesting window of opportunity. I'm heading that way tomo early if anyone is interested.

After what was looking to be a good start I been watching whatever base we had trickle away and so while there is no snow its just got easier to drive into the chair side to run saw. And so the land of O's in the side country will have some new runs assuming we do get snow!

The O-Zone developments excite me far more than Name That Run. Nice work. Were you guys working next to Reality Check again or was it further afield?

Snowing up there now. The snow line is once again very high however (1300 ish at 9AM).
    Last edited by Angle Parking; 11-18-2016 at 10:52 PM.

2 new runs on skiers left of the run below reality check so you will drop off That traverse on to 2 short pow shots, this year we got a great crew of over the hill fallers who always show up

https://mountainconditions.com/repor...facing-terrain

Who is this guy poaching my lines? Fuck.

“I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Time to put away the saws cuz HBM opens tomorrow!

Toured to the peak of HBM on tuesday in blue bird conditions

Game on!

HBM is indeed open.... Thin, stuff poking out here and there.... but man is it nice to have the ski hill open again. Let the good times roll!!!

What's been going on down there? Will be driving from the Yukon in a couple of weeks to ski at Shames then to the Anderson cabin for a few nights. Sounds thin around Ningunsaw - anyone been out there lately? Thinking we should probably blast straight through to Terrace..

Once again, the silence is ominous.

The gf and I are looking at taking our annual ski vacation to the northern reaches of the province. Shames, HBM, Mt Timothy are on our radar. We'd also love to explore the bc - we will have a sled or two with us for access and are happy to skin in as well. Anyone with any suggestions/books/helpful hints as to locations to check out, places to stay, places to eat, routes to take, participants willing to allow to Islanders to join them at the resort or in the BC, etc? We'll have 2 weeks, starting on Vancouver Island. Thinking of going through Pemberton one way, Kamloops the other? The area(s) will be completely new to us - any help is much appreciated.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

As Solesides and shafty85 probably figured out by now, things have been pretty grim in our corner of the ski world. That all changed in a big way today (for Terrace anyway). LHutz Esq, myself and a couple other Smithereens made our way to Terrace and stumbled upon a serendipitous opening day at Shames. Not only did we catch day 1 of the 2016/17 season at Shames we also caught a major system coming through. It was deep, it was soft and it was exactly what we needed.

Shames is an awesome place. Do yourself a favour and check it out.

The silence was indeed deafening. Quite a storm coming..! Will be there on Friday and at Shames for the weekend.

Heading back there on Wednesday myself. Just too good to pass up. up to 55 cm in last 24 hours.

PK is also now skiing well. Yesterday was good with about a foot of fresh and sounds like it snowed that much again last night

OK, so now it's really on!. Sunday at Shames and today at HBM were 2 of the best ski days I've had in a long time.

It's fucking nuking here. Shames is open every day until Jan 2. Do yourself a favour. 40cms with more on it's way with no warm weather in sight. God I love it here. ..
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!