Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Well, yeah, there too but more directly for the TV show.
    You come make movie for the televisions???

Come, Come! I make you food and show you the powders!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Blender is your buddy the new ski tech @ all seasons?
    No. He is client relations and all-around guy at Northern Escape.

Nice! I have to go there and see if the boys can upgrade my beacon. I'll say hi. They must be loving life right now. I just met one of their cooks @ Shames the other day. Keen tourer from Cali.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Yo moosepit, who knew PG was in the banana belt? Yeah, we're finally getting our normal dumpage.
    Al, you know what I think.
    Scotsman, sluff management was req'd on Z-3. Dan's track was in between Mark (lookers Lt) and me (Rt) and was mostly obliterated by sluff in the top middle of the photo. He went first and the sluff he started was probably sz 1.5 that ran about 1500 vert ft. It started slow but gained momentum. Dan avoided that sluff then triggered another small one below the little bump he aired off, he rode that sluff for about 30m then skied out
    Nothing like sluffs thatll bury you 4' down. Jeezus those are big sluffs.

What were the avy conditions like that day? Was big open terrain like that really completely uneffected by wind? I just can't compute that size of sluffs.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using TGR Forums

clear cold and windless weather right now had a great tour into boulder creek yesturday, cornice cutting in hankin today ...good touring weather at least till friday

. Not my fault you fucking Bulkley Valley jock/hippie/rednecks don't communicate with each other

Plus, Eric better be aware of the rollers at the bottom. 2m less base this year is going to make the course a little more um, sporty.

Oh, and I still haven't heard from your race coach there (2 emails later).
    i think the moon was in a bad phase last year? Eric will hit those bumps at 160 in those soft AT boots he always wears
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

You come make movie for the televisions???

Come, Come! I make you food and show you the powders!
    We like food. Lots of food. And beer. Lots of beer. And powder. Lot and LOTS of powder.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Nothing like sluffs thatll bury you 4' down. Jeezus those are big sluffs.

What were the avy conditions like that day? Was big open terrain like that really completely uneffected by wind? I just can't compute that size of sluffs.
    Yeah pretty big I guess (?), but I'm not sure you would have got buried 4'. Bigger concern was getting strained through the trees in our eyes, though going for a 1000' ride would not be fun. We figured (because of previous run on same aspect) the sluff would start slow so if we found ourselves in it we could manage it and/or ski out of it before it got moving too fast. Yes it was pretty much all completed unaffected by wind. Avy conditions were considerable/moderate/moderate which in our world is pretty decent. The bigger danger that day on that aspect was cornice fall.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    We like food. Lots of food. And beer. Lots of beer. And powder. Lot and LOTS of powder.
    I can help with the food and powder, however my unemployed status may make large beer purchases difficult. I can however hook you up with a "beer connection", for no additional fees. Oh, and I can also shelter you in all likelihood. Be great to have ya.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

No worries. If there's one thing in life I've learned it's how to be self-sufficient when it comes to beer. I'm a bit of a survivalist in that regard.

Won't happen this year but worth looking toward for next. Thanks for the offer.

Some terrain

^^ BOINNNNGG!

hey imthinking about coming up for a few days in two weeks. got an air canada credit to use. hows the snow/weather generally tempwise then?

eta- to shames I'm talking about.
    Last edited by sparkletarte.; 03-10-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Well it's been pretty good. We've got some scary conditions starting though. With the bunch of new snow coming it'll be sitting on lots of wind slab and pockets of surface whore widespread. 2 weeks eh... who knows. Here's what weather network says:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cabc0292

Here's what snow forecast says:

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts...ntain/6day/mid

Here's what my buddy Mark and I skied a few days ago (the blue line on the left). We named it Cinnamon Bun.

Might get a couple of photos of the line, buddy had an iphone at least. It was easier last year because we've got a couple of metres less than usual right now (but it's starting to catch up). This year it was a little narrower and bonier. Few bits of ice on it too. Not as powdery as we thought it would be.

Keep in touch. May be able to put you up, but there's a possibility a couple from Montreal might be occupying my place for a month (not confirmed).

www.mymountaincoop.ca

thanks. we'd have a place to stay, my guy lived there for 6 months last year. I'd def hit you up for some touring as that kind of terrain and snowpack is way out of our usual (unless it's super sketch obvs).

I wasn't sure if you got all super coastal melty late March or what usual pattern was.

It's either that or hit a beach in Mexico for a week later in the spring. He's feeling meh about the idea of going north so I'll have to work on that.

More - featuring Talon G

Quote Originally Posted by sparkletarte. View Post
    thanks. we'd have a place to stay, my guy lived there for 6 months last year. I'd def hit you up for some touring as that kind of terrain and snowpack is way out of our usual (unless it's super sketch obvs).

I wasn't sure if you got all super coastal melty late March or what usual pattern was.

It's either that or hit a beach in Mexico for a week later in the spring. He's feeling meh about the idea of going north so I'll have to work on that.
    Sure, I'll take you out if I can. If I can't, I'll hook you up. March isn't usually super coastal melty, it doesn't usually get that way until late April (when the sz 4's and 5's happen )

Work on the boy, you can go to mexico anytime. This week's shaping up and we usually get a shitload of snow in March.

And Lee - Talon's been living in his Arctic Oven pretty much the entire winter. Camped out below the Dome for about a month, now shifted the hacienda to Hidden Lake. The young lad's getting away from everything and getting after it large.

www.mymountaincoop.ca

Most eggcellant!

Had a decent weekend in the PeeGee, tree line and below had >3cms of hoar on the surface and a good 10-20cms of powder below that. The southern flow has put on some hudge cornices that have ended (for now) a couple of the easier accessed coolers that are on the evergrowing to do list.

Even got in a easy sled day on Monday, funneh how 600+lbs and an engine kills breakable crusts..

I'll post some pics later
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Road side alpine start

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3090505.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	134570

Skintrack hoar

Name:	P3090511.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	805.7 KB 
ID:	134571

D in the bowl enjoying a nice alpine mix of styrafoam, windbuff, and pockets of wind deposited facets

Name:	P3090516.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	873.2 KB 
ID:	134575
    sunshine and meadowskipping

Name:	P3090518.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	134573

And a well used wolf trail

Name:	P3110524.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	134574
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3090516.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	877.3 KB 
ID:	134572  
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Man, you guys have a fantastic playground at the ready. Beautiful terrain.

sent by electrons

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post

More - featuring Talon G
    Crikeys, mate! Nice shot and holy shit, as Scot Schmidt was famously known to say... "STEEP!"

Heard there's been no snow on the ground in Terrace since the beginning of January which is very unusual and unexpected. Was hoping to get up there this year but looks like I'll be moving my plans over to next ski season.

Sparkletarte I'd be up for a trip up there with you next year.

Folks have benn sayin the golf course over in Terrace openned last week?

I still got afoot of snow in the back yard and its snowing but its been a pretty warm winter
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Powder King getting puked on today, 12 cms in the last 24 and 10-15 forecast for today/tonight.... Powder Thursday!!

15 cms and counting at HBM!

Goldmember... If a 7hr drive is a dealbreaker but extra cash isnt... I bet you could fly out of Spokane. In the end (depending on layovers) it'll probably take just as long as driving to YVR and flying from there and will cost 2x as much.

I think that's what I like the most about smaller places in B.C. They're usually a pain in the ass to get to, and once you arrive you either want to stay forever or leave right away and never come back.

The last time I skied at Powderking there was too much snow and nothing was steep enough for movement unless it was groomed. The only other time I've been in snow that light and bottomless was at Snowbird. When I told people I was from BC they would ask me WTF I was doing in Utah.

I also got to visit the Mackenzie Hospital. Probably the only time I'll ever be a hospital's only patient. And I left in worse shape than I arrived.

I skied at HBM once too and it was so foggy and windy that I thought I was moving but I wasn't and I fell down. And another time I was moving but thought I wasn't and also fell down. I eventually made it to the bottom of the triple chair and it was way better over there.
    Last edited by wicked_sick; 03-13-2013 at 01:57 PM.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.