Disadvantage to using AT soles/Barons full time?

So I just set up my new Titans with AT blocks in my Barons, and after adjusting the toe height the release is indistinguishable to me from an alpine boot. Although I currently ski inbounds only, I like to hike for resort turns, and I have plans to tour a bit this spring. The AT soles would be more comfortable for this stuff, and if they're indistinguishable on the downhill then why bother with a swap? I travel to ski, only have 1 setup, and would like to simplify as much as possible.

No, I haven't skied them yet, my next opportunity is during my Avy 1 class in a couple weeks. Yes, I realize that this boot setup is overkill for my situation, I'm trying to minimize future gear purchases (yeah right) if I decide to take touring seriously. So, other than my gaper-ish appearance in the lift line, is there any downside to just leaving these things on full time? I should add that I would remove one of my multiple Go Pros to keep the GSA factor net neutral.

If you like the way the titans perform on hard snow, I don't see a problem. I skied a whole season in garmont radiums a few years ago, and nobody made fun of me (at least no more than normal).

Quote Originally Posted by Metric22 View Post
    would like to simplify as much as possible.
    So stop making it so complicated?

No. Obviously you do not need to put alpine soles on your AT boots when only skiing AT bindings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

If you want to know for sure you might be able to find a shop to release test the bindings with the at soles to see if the release values correspond to the DIN setting. I don't know if a shop would do this though--liability issues with a non DIN sole.

I ski with the AT sole blocks on my Cochise and did the same the past 4 years on Zzeus. Sure, there's probably a slight delay in getting the skis on edge because the rubber soles can deflect a bit before engaging, but I don't notice it.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    So stop making it so complicated?
    But then what would I do all day?

you'll be fine. i ski my at boots w barons full time resort and touring.
    the only downside is on long tours but it's not a huge downside, hasn't prevented me from keeping up w the group or whatever.

If you want to be careful: Triple check toe height adjustment. If possible, have a shop confirm release settings. The vibram/rubber touring soles create more friction and could (conceivably) make lateral release less reliable.

As long as your binding has a sliding AFD (which the Baron does) I think you're going to have a reliable release.