Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    You'd have to check your state laws for that. Colorado is a no-fault state. Your state may not be.

Also, you can't waive negligence.

Hang a sign in the mancave that says if your leg falls off you have only yourself to blame.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You might want to familiarize yourself with the concept of risk vs. reward.
    If you are so risk averse why do you bother getting out of bed everyday?

Quote Originally Posted by jondrums View Post
    The first pair you mess up and owe a new pair of skis will blow your profit for the next two years.
    I don't think I would buy them a new pair of skis if I botched the mount. I would of course offer to remount for free and/or repair it in good faith, but I think that brand new skis would be a bit excessive. I would explain beforehand that if they want that sort of insurance they would need to pay twice as much to have a shop do it.

if you watch that show, will have you convinced that everyone in AK is a gun toting drunk crack whore meth felon ATV riding dirtbag bitch slapping big game poaching unemployed fucktard.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Umm...have you been to the valley?

Quote Originally Posted by tsproul View Post
    If you are so risk averse why do you bother getting out of bed everyday?
    So I can counter retarded comments on TGR.

Quote Originally Posted by djrez4 View Post
    You'd have to check your state laws for that. Colorado is a no-fault state. Your state may not be.

You actually can depending on what state you're talking about. Can't usually waive gross negligence though.

My professional opinion as a dentist is go for it, what can possibly go wrong?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Paper trail won't affect hobby status.

So I can counter retarded comments on TGR.
    If you stop sucking on your mother's teets you would be in a better position to make the retard judgement.

You should totally do it!

And you should fuck whores in Haiti with a sandpaper cock ring.

Just because you might (and I stress might) be able to prevail in a lawsuit has no bearing on what it will cost to defend one.

Quote Originally Posted by djrez4 View Post
    Can you explain that?

Quote Originally Posted by patco21 View Post
    Can you explain that?
    There are two basic types of negligence claims, negligence, you fucked up but not real bad and gross negligence, you fucked up really bad, a conscious violation of duty.

You cannot sign your away your right to sue for the later in most places, so that disclaimer on the back of the ticket or some shit you sign is not iron clad.
    You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Can you explain that?
    You buy a lift ticket, on the back it says something like "By using this ticket you accept all terms and conditions, release and hold harmless Blowjob Mtn for injury, STD's, or dick rash incurred..."

If a lawyer can prove that Blowjob Mtn was negligent (i.e. supposed to have issued you a condom with the ticket and did not) they can be held liable for negligence even if you had signed waivers etc. etc.

So I would be liable if I screwed up and then tried to hide it...? Not really worried about that.

You have the right attitude!
    Go for it!

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Go for it!
    between him and tsproul I've never seen people so determined to work for peanuts with a potentially high downside risk. If one lost the case, could the house be up for damages?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Go for it!
    That's an evil Magic 8 Ball you have there. Very evil.

But seriously OP. This was all a test. You passed the test. You have demonstrated the necessary determination and guts needed to make your new biz endeavor a success. You did not quit your dream of being a mounting technician after just a few negative posts, therefore you have earned my respect and trust. As such, I am UPS-ing you a set of RC112's to mount +1, drilled for inserts for both Look Pivot 18's, and STH 16's--b/c some days I like to go Solly. Please set din's to 14.5. Thanks.
    Last edited by Timberridge; 02-22-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    between him and tsproul I've never seen people so determined to work for peanuts with a potentially high downside risk. If one lost the case, could the house be up for damages?
    Everything has risk.

In this thread, so many of you make it sound so fucking hard to mount a pair of bindings that the likelihood of massively fucking up is 100%. Hmmm....aren't there a few threads showing that mounting bindings ain't rocket science?

For me, I wouldn't do it - I do too well at my day job to make it worth my while. This could mean I make $20k/year and find the risk too high or I could make $200k/year. Doesn't mean the same equation applies for the OP. Y'all keep applying your risk/reward calculation to the OP. His risk/reward analysis is going to be different than yours. Some people ride motorcycles. I don't. I don't go around telling them they can't.

If he wants to shield his personal property from liability damages, he can do that. Doing so may eat through the little bit of financial incentive he has. In Cali, you pay ~$700/year for incorporation fee and that will shield your personal property when done properly. He has the option of incorporating in a more "friendly" state like NV where the fee is much smaller. Have no idea what AK fees are. Incorporating has no bearing on it being a hobby or a bona fide business.

Yep, I called AMH and this is exactly what they do....including telling you to adjust your own release setting. They even have you sign a waiver releasing them from liability.

Tsproul since you and Jed are the only ones under 80 here, you think it would be smart to ask folks to sign a liability statement? Would that paper trail affect the 'hobby' status?
    I really love it when people ask for advise and then just blow it off and proceed. Like my Mom use to say to me, "do you have do learn everything the hard way"?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    And then start a tundra wookie ranch.
    I didn't know you were in the army Hugh. The only douchebags I've heard use that ignorant racist phrase were. Normally I think you're ok, but fuck you for that.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    I didn't know you were in the army Hugh. The only douchebags I've heard use that ignorant racist phrase were. Normally I think you're ok, but fuck you for that.
    I thought it applied to the big hairy white women of alaska?

It's normally applied to Alaska native women. Not too many white ladies on the tundra.

Or stinky trust funders on Phish tour.
    They occasionally show up at Panic shows, but they usually can't handle the whiskey and blow, so they cry in their pathfinders listening to Cat Stevens.