Page 204 of 327 FirstFirst ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 8151

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I hadn't listened to Blur's eponymous album in a long time and forgot all about this song. First song written and sung by Graham Coxon to appear on a Blur record. Great lo-fi track. Bob Pollard would love it!
    Good tune! Was listening to some of Damon's other stuff last night.
    Good version, just wish they had Lou's mic dialed in

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Just had to push play. A couple times. 1st comment yup

I'm not a big BG fan but this is interesting

cool
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

More NMA playing R. L. Burnside tunes

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Mostly kids like these guys but they seem to do their own thing. Wicked drummer.Heavy foot
    I'm a fan. They write some really cool songs. They played Bozeman and I didn't find out till too late, bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I'm a fan. They write some really cool songs. They played Bozeman and I didn't find out till too late, bummed.
    Too bad. I ended up subscribing to their yt channel. Audiences are right into the shows. Crazy how big their following is

Move upside and let the man go through...

https://soundcloud.com/itai_isenberg...rning-man-2019

I've know this guy for years. Really dope, and I don't use that to describe music generally. He spins and plays live sax.

Anywhere, especially late night in the desert, it's a treat.

Suggested use for: couples, long love making sessions; overworked commuters; stoners with bobbleheads.

Enjoy. It wuz funz. I already posted some Crussen. He does flute, sax and other instruments while spinning. Harmonica too. I like the combo of the real and the drives.

Anyway, just throw it on in the background and see how you feel. If you like it, great, if not, well, you know what it is.

https://soundcloud.com/crussen

This pretty much sums up the entire experience from years of being there in so many places:

"It's hard to explain a sunrise set to someone that wasn't there...
    It starts at nighttime, everything is dark, the energies are intense.
    Then it slowly starts to become lighter, the sun peeks out, energies are soft and delicate.
    And then it's daytime, party is on, celebration is there...

I hope you can join this journey with me, and get into the sensations of what we all felt was, for that moment in time, our own little secret...
    Served with love...
    ITAI"

Also, one thing that most people don't realize is that a really great set, especially over multiple hours (2, 4, 8), develops along with the people listening/dancing/not. It's a complete 2 way street with someone sharing their art when they are good and on point.

We are not talking about USB drive fake DJ's here. This is where it meets the dust, with no club, no green room, no tickets, no performance at all. No boundaries, you can just go up and hug anyone who is there, with consent, not a joke. But there are no physical boundaries, and that is important.

Literally. Just walk up, around, climb, dance, get nekid, dance, smile, gift. It seems so simple, but, letting yourself go with those lack of perimeters takes time. Years. It is something that I bring back every year. The poor are rich.

Something might hit you 47 minutes in, or if you didn't hear it, or if you just rolled up, you are all truly, family. It doesn't matter, you are in the moment creating the experience as it unfolds, just like any other of myriad of art pieces. You are the art.

You can just sit by your bike and ride miles into the lights, or the sun. Or just grab a coldie from your pack, have another hit from your new best friend, or just sit down in the dust and enjoy. No constraints. None. You can be yourself. Or be by yourself and no one will bother you.

Miles and miles away. In your mind. Or, just get some leg rest, bike a mile or 5 and listen to some live jazz, or grab a hammock on your way and take a nap and watch the sunrise over the desert in your own head. For an entire day. It's all there for you. Or not.

And I have been so glad to be part of so many of these great interactions/participation experiments. And I wish more people would be open to offering, gifting those, as I have been. In the dust, or on the pavement. We would be a better world. But I'm not a spokesperson, or an optimist. I do what I can. Try it?
    Last edited by MakersTeleMark; 10-11-2019 at 11:43 PM.

~~~~~~~~~
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Crank the volume. This embodies what the Dead was for me. This amorphous space of unintelligible shit of sound that I had never heard. A tonal. Like my favorite, Coltrane.

That lead to a lot. To from the side question shit. To actually realize that things aren't in a line. That was monumental. Even if the music was mediocre. Because I wasn't getting that challenge from my books.

From a very early age, I learned to look at things at all angles, and it served me, before I made a judgement or decision. Music did that. Cool. It was also Bach and Beethoven that let me think deeper, but the pop music opened my eyes. It certainly wasn't the Beatles, or Floyd.

I grew up without parents, I did not know stereo types, we didn't have one. I didn't know what a fag was or a dyke. My parents had no time for me and my sister. People were just people, and we interpreted them as ... people. I didn't even know what I was, is? I still don't. I'm me. Sure, I was called many names, Fag, ballet boy, shaky mcshakinskin. I didn't know why until I learned this culture that we live in, and gender roles that were passed down that I never had. Also, to see a neurologist. That took me till 40. Also got a hemmeriod chopped off. Oh well.

Point is. This new movement, whether it be climate change, or adding an additional digit onto the LGBT... is positive. It's great that folks are thinking.

And that's it. Think. It makes a difference. And do your research, shut your mouth when you haven't, shut your mouth when you don't care, shut your mouth when you want to be left alone, and one day, something is going to poke you.

Stab it. Hard.
    Last edited by MakersTeleMark; 10-13-2019 at 04:17 AM.

Jesus dude, TMI. What did I just read?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Jesus dude, TMI. What did I just read?
    ????? vvvv

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

So dig this, "Take California", Propellerheads on a decent system. But who can tell us what the conversation of the lyrics is about? Funky song/ surprise ending when you know who the "guest" is.

Quote Originally Posted by L82thegate View Post
    So dig this, "Take California", Propellerheads on a decent system. But who can tell us what the conversation of the lyrics is about? Funky song/ surprise ending when you know who the "guest" is.
    Interesting puzzle. Seems like something Nixon or Reagan might have said, but I don’t recall it. I think the song predates Trumps political life so don’t think it was him. Google is not much help either. You got me.

And this really reminds me of my ex. I miss her.

Last edited by MakersTeleMark; 10-14-2019 at 12:44 AM.

"Take California" is supposedly an Alien bringing a politician to the mike. When asked what memento of their visit he'll share, he blurts out "Take California". Yeah, give the extraterrestrials California!

More overrated guitar playing

Last edited by billyk; 10-14-2019 at 07:15 PM.

“How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix